Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Acne breakouts 3 and a half weeks post op

Ugh. I saw this video of this girl on youtube. She was saying post-op how shes been breaking out with lots of acne. But all the youtubers were commenting underneath saying no thats not true bla bla bla. So I was not worried much about it. This past week I have been having breakouts all over my forhead and my chin and sides. And I am someone who has never ever suffered acne!!! Has anything similiar happened to you guys?

Please keep us updated, I had my first cystic acne flare right after my first baby and it return when I least wanted it. I haven't had any since my surgery but I'm sure it's waiting in the wings, maybe when I meet with my congressman or another inconvenient time. And yes I do know my congressman, no big whoop, he's not even a chairman of any commited. Just just a waste of space individual like many others.

no - in fact, that's the first time I've heard anyone mention it. But having the surgery can screw up your hormone balance the first few weeks (some people have mood issues - or menstrual issues - at least at first), so maybe it's related to that? Or it could just be coincidental, too.

18 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

no - in fact, that's the first time I've heard anyone mention it. But having the surgery can screw up your hormone balance the first few weeks (some people have mood issues - or menstrual issues - at least at first), so maybe it's related to that? Or it could just be coincidental, too.

I would put it down to consequence but I am just not someone who ever broke out at all. Not even during my periods. I really do believe its what tou said about the first few weeks our hormonal balances are completely out of control with the surgery. I hope it is a temporary situation because I miss my clear skin 😣😣

Maybe it's just your germ resistance was down and the natural skin flora attacked you, maybe a minute skin hole, once it got in , it was " Hello Sailor" and you were reaping the whirlwind, don't know if there is a difinative answer for it all!

52 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

Maybe it's just your germ resistance was down and the natural skin flora attacked you, maybe a minute skin hole, once it got in , it was " Hello Sailor" and you were reaping the whirlwind, don't know if there is a difinative answer for it all!

Lmaooo your hilarious! 😃😃

I am totally expecting a massive acne breakout since i have to stop my birth control for 2 months. And when I talked to my GYN she said that since estrogen is stored in the fat layer just under your skin there are all kinds of hormonal things that can or will happen. So I am expecting all kinds of nonsense.

I woke up this morning with several spots in my chin. I haven’t had acne is decades! I agree it’s probably hormone related as that has been an issue since my surgery on 12/17. My skin is just freaking out.

I rarely have acne...normally I might have a pimple or two heralding that time of the month but since surgery I have a little crop of acne rotating around my face.

I assumed it was due to hormonal disruption.

I realized I have been blessed not to have this issue before but if anyone has any acne products they recommend....my pimply face would be appreciative.

I can't speak to the acne (mine had actually cleared up a bit... go figure), but the hormonal fluctuations are real. My poor family is dealing with a wife/mom who's got serious PMS.

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

I just got over a zit right below my lower lip, and like you I was not prone to any form of acne. What gives? I'm 9 lousy months out- this should not be happbeing at my age! And yes , sometimes my life Does merit exclaimation punctuation.🌈😝🌈

I am breaking out as well with acne, by my chin, forehead,cheeks, eyebrows, pretty much all over my face and they hurt to the touch. I thought that I was allergic to the bariatric Vitamins but my dietitian said that my hormones are out of wack due to the surgery.