Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Try a fleets or suppository if it is right there.

You may need to take some softeners or Miralax if the issue continues. Definitely discuss with your physician.

Sorry about your situation. Luckily I've been going very regularly without any problems. Have you tried a stool softener or some Miralax?

I hope it's not a babies head :o... Just sayin, there's a lot of shows on TLC about these surprise deliveries.

a lot of us take a capful of Miralax every day to keep that kind of thing from happening. Once you get the current issue taken care of, you might want to consider doing that, too. Other things that have helped people: magnesium, stool softeners, SmoothMove Tea, etc. Just experiment with different treatments and see what seems to work for you, and keep up with it because it's a chronic problem for a lot of us. Meanwhile, you'll need to get the current issue taken care of before anything else...

I agree with KimTriesRNY above. If it's "right there", your best bet is something local like a fleets enema or a suppository.

this is one of those "ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" kind of situations. Once you're past this crisis you might want to take something like Miralax or Fiber supplements.

I take fiber supplements every day and if things start getting a little backed up, I don't wait. I will take something to get things moving. I typically just take a low-dose dulcolax, but I've heard great things about Smooth Move tea. Just haven't needed it.

a lot of us take a capful of Miralax every day to keep that kind of thing from happening. Once you get the current issue taken care of, you might want to consider doing that, too. Other things that have helped people: magnesium, stool softeners, SmoothMove Tea, etc. Just experiment with different treatments and see what seems to work for you, and keep up with it because it's a chronic problem for a lot of us. Meanwhile, you'll need to get the current issue taken care of before anything else...
I did the enema today. Worked immediately and so much relief. I definitely waited too long. I wont let that many days go by ever again.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I shouldn't have giggled, but you were so descriptive 🤣🤣🤣

Glad you finally got relief!

Ohhhh my! Fun and Games (on the Throne) ;)

Seriously take everyone's advice. There is "usually" a next time for a lot of us. Begin pre-emptive strikes now, cuz you don't want to start using enemas on a regular basis.

I have taken a cap of Miralax daily since surgery + 3 Colace + now healed, 10g of whole psyllium seeds + 100+oz of liquids per day + exercise regularly + used things like MOM/Mag Citrate/Mag Citrate pills/glycerin suppositories/smooth move tea/dynamite/C4/black powder at various times in order to break things free and clear the #2 tracks.

Hope your's does evolve into that. I'm just suggesting to start Miralax or some kinda long term thing now.

Hope your's DOESN'T evolve, sorry! Damn typos!

I am glad to hear you finally got some relief, that is seriously one of the worst feelings and I am sorry you had to endure it. I know others mentioned it, but definitely keep some stool softener on hand, it works wonders. Same with laxatives if your bowels are being stubborn. Once you can implement a little bit of juice as well into your diet, I think between those three things you should be A-Okay.

Best of luck, hope it doesn't happen to you again!