Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who has had the sleeve? How did you do? Pros and cons? Would you do it again?

7 hours ago, sallie Lindsey said:

U look great ,and healthy ,tht is my goal to be healthier,I have a bad food addiction and wonder what I’m going to transfer tht too ,turn into a workout freak I reckon , I never had a weight problem till 30 happened lol then boom 💥 one day at a time though right ,what has been your biggest challenge to overcome? And what advice would you give on it ?

The best gift I got out of WLS was fighting and overcoming the mental battles. Some of this may be counseling and changing old behaviors over to healthy habits. Learning to live a healthy lifestyle was eye opening and exciting. Research research research! Take in all the information out there. youtube, read books, studies on WLS and documentaries.

I did ,and I don’t mean tht litterily I just mean tht I love to cook( I’m a CEO) of A small town pizzeria ,(I’m being recommended for this due to the fact tht I have a inoperable aneurysm in the chambers of heart wall ,(it’s inbetween the top right and left chambers )losing a 100 pounds will release the pressure of of it ) it’s going to be a challenge I know ,and a new introduction to Caulflower Pizza Crust and more greens etc ,I started at 259 six months ago ,I’m current at 230 and we’ll with thyroid issues to boot it’s been hard )

And I pray you can lose before the ticking time bomb goes off. I had a son die of an ascending aorta aneurysm at 31, every time I hear or see the word " aneurysm" I quake inside, been 11 years on the 11th and sometimes it's like yesterday and sometimes like a nightmare you can't wake up from. Every year I send balloons to Heaven and try to volunteer somewhere to honor his memory. He was a very giving person and I was blessed to be his mother. But I would give all my tomorrows just to have him back. 💦

Tht is so sad ,was his in a inoperable place ,as well ,they told me “losing the excess weight is what would help”but I appreciate the prayers ,I was really scared at first ,but I have since got over tht fear, I thk ,god just comes and collects some of us early,
,I never did find out what caused mine ,but I contribute it the body weight ,when I met with my nutritionist I asked “where she been all my life lol ,cause tht is something we don’t understand when we are young and invincible tht hey the Big Mac is really killing us ,I wish I would had eaten better younger ,and earlier but hey it’s never too late right ,my heart bleeds for you ,but know tht life here is short and temporary ,and it goes bye so fast ,your son will be waiting for you at the gates ,where the streets are paved with gold and there is so pain ,tears ,or sadness , I wouldn’t know what it would be like to bury a child as I can’t imagine ,but he sure must been special ,cause I believe ,god takes the special ones early ,as Jesus was in his thirties as well .

Love, love my sleeve! I look and feel great. My only regret is not doing it sooner.
Everyone I know that had the band regrets it. I didn’t think they were still being done.

Did you notice weight loss slowed down yet?

i seem to be plateauing at 12 weeks

I actually don’t know anyone who had the sleeve. I went into surgery to have bypass and ended up with a sleeve. Not disappointed only that weight comes off slower. We have a granddaughter getting married in August and want to look good and look happy.

Hi Brittmarr1, I've noticed that that the weight loss is slowing down also. I'm still losing but not as fast and as much as in the beginning. I'm not going to stress about it, because I'm in this for life. I don't want to repeat the same mistakes I've made in the past. I would compare myself to other people and wonder why I wasn't losing as much weight as them etc. I'm going to be kind to myself and my body. If it takes me longer to get to the end of the rainbow, so be it.

They say it absolutely slows after 3 months . But exercise and sticking to the calorie , Protein and carb parameters helps to boost it again . My view is that as long as the trend is downward, not upward I am good !

13 hours ago, brittmarr1 said:

I actually don’t know anyone who had the sleeve. I went into surgery to have bypass and ended up with a sleeve. Not disappointed only that weight comes off slower. We have a granddaughter getting married in August and want to look good and look happy.

i have been struggling a lot with loss these last few weeks.

Its so frustrating i am 2 months post op and was in a stall for 2 weeks only managed to loose 1 pound.

There are some benefits to losing slower but it has me feeling like im failing.

Down 21 pounds since surgery but January has not been kind to me :( seem to be stalling and stuck at 202lbs

I’m planning to have either the band or the sleeve and would love to hear back from people who had either of these and your thoughts? Did you have success? Did you have complications? How much weight loss and how long?
The band is horrible my friend blows up the stomach with band.I did the sleeve for me is the best surgery [emoji4] ...in the world but you have to understand ist just a tool that helps you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app