Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cool sculpting

Has anyone tried this? Cost/treatment/before/after pics.....

I see adverts for it constantly, guess they are making money, but I don't know a soul who had it done, I am suspicious, sounds like over- priced mumbo- jumbo to me.. Like the old saying says If it SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE , it usually is!

I was JUST talking to my mom about this last night. Personally, I don't know anyone that has done it, but I've scoured the internet looking for people's before/after pics. Looks like it helps somewhat, but if you have drastic loose skin, I'm not sure how much it'd help. Best thing is a consult at a place that does the procedure. Most places do them free. Lots of celebs use it...Britney Spears, the Kardashians, etc. For pics, I've found a lot on Pinterest, Google searches or on the actual websites of facilities that perform the Cool Sculpting. Here's one Google search I used to find the pics below https://bit.ly/2RDgDVd :

image.png.0faafbdb2dc8b1d3e003bebb5f17f516.png

image.thumb.png.545ac6b126fde1354b0274979dfba355.png

image.png

Edited by Kimmie K

I had a friend who had it done. At best, she said the results were barely noticeable and in no way equal to the high cost. When she questioned the practice they said, "everyone's results are different". Also, you have to remember it is designed to shrink fat, not tighten loose skin.

I am curious if anyone else has tried with a better outcome!

I'm going to research this once I reach my goal weight. There'd be no point in doing it now as I'm just a month post-op sleeve, but I am curious about it down the road.

One of my close friends had it done. She said it was a waste of money. Never saw any results. But that’s not saying it wouldn’t work for someone else.

Our support group had a plastic surgeon that specializes in bariatric patients as guest speaker and he said procedures such as this don't work for bariatric patients and are a waste of money. Our problem when we get to goal is not excess fat but excess skin and these procedures do nothing for that.

Has anyone had one of those mini-lifts the Skin Place advertises on TV, they show you. supposedly 60 year old women that look 40 on a very good day. The doctor they highlight is Dr Fernando Colon, he does look handsome but does he make others look pretty too?

Thanks for all the replies! I too thought this may be an option, but the price range is close to that of a tummy tuck! I don't know anyone who has done it....but I've seen a million pics! Thought If there was a non surgical way to rid myself of the belly that it would be easier to convince my husband to let me fork out the cash😏

Plan B-continue to bug him about a Tummy Tuck till he folds like a lawn chair!😂

Thanks for all the replies! I too thought this may be an option, but the price range is close to that of a tummy tuck! I don't know anyone who has done it....but I've seen a million pics! Thought If there was a non surgical way to rid myself of the belly that it would be easier to convince my husband to let me fork out the cash[emoji57]
Plan B-continue to bug him about a Tummy Tuck till he folds like a lawn chair![emoji23]
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my LGMS210 using BariatricPal mobile app