Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you really start to see results?

I know it sounds crazy but anyone ever afraid the surgery won’t work and the end will be disappointment???
All.the.time. I'm three months out on the 22nd and I'm a super slow loser. Have lost 28lbs since surgery. Lost 76 before surgery so my body just wants to hold onto everything. 45 to go to get to "goal", and 70 to get to ideal body weight. I watch others losing massive weight and feel like I'm failing. I'm sticking to the plan though, and the surgeon is happy. Says since I started at lower BMI it's ok that this is slow. All my contacts morbid conditions are resolved except for sleep apnea. I have gone down three clothing sizes and two ring sizes. I've lost 36". I feel better. I need to stop seeing the scale as the main indication of weight loss. SO...today my hubby hid the scale. I'm only weighing every four weeks, at the request of my surgeon. I think without checking on it several times a day I'll concentrate more on the process and what I'm supposed to do rather than the scale. Wish me luck!! Hang in there...you're not alone in this feeling. [emoji171]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 1/14/2019 at 7:57 AM, insta_adventurer said:

Hmmm to be honest, after six months, I still don’t see it when I look in the mirror. I guess, when you look every day, the changes don’t seem as drastic? Others notice quite a bit.

However, when did I feel a difference? When things that were tough to do prior to surgery got easier, which was super early on. Basic things, like reaching down and touching my toes or putting on socks or tying my shoes... or walking up a flight of stairs. I would say it was 1 month out before I noticed these huge benefits.

I still hold up clothing and think it’s too small, only to slide it on with ease. I still see myself as the same weight, even though I’m not.

I see a little difference. But I am only like a little over 1 month post op. 40 pounds down over 130 to go woot woot 🤗🤗

I saw a big change early on in the piece, maybe 6 weeks out - I seemed to lose a lot around my face and shoulders so it was quiet noticeable. Since then I don't see as much dramatic change as at first but I do feel it. I love crossing my legs, bending down to pick things up easily, I even started to try jogging!

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

10 minutes ago, ummyasmin said:

I saw a big change early on in the piece, maybe 6 weeks out - I seemed to lose a lot around my face and shoulders so it was quiet noticeable. Since then I don't see as much dramatic change as at first but I do feel it. I love crossing my legs, bending down to pick things up easily, I even started to try jogging!

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

Thats fantastic!!! I see it mostly in my face and shoulders as well. I still get really tired if I try to walk very fast or run so I am going to wait it out a few weeks then I am going to sign up to the gym to optimizr these results!! Everyone who I have ever seen or met looks fantastic 1 year out. I want to be just like them. Congrats on your progress as well!!! 😉🤗🤗

On 01/10/2019 at 11:31, Bypassgirl92 said:

Hey everyone. I am still pretty new to this. I am just a plethora of questions now a days haha. I am exactly 3 weeks and 2 days post op via gastric bypass. From my heaviest of 304 I am now down to 268 pounds. Yes it is nice but I still feel like I see no difference ☹. Others tell me they see a huge difference. I know when it comes to ourselves it is hard to see a difference and we are always our own worst enemy. I know a handful of people who have had this surgery and they tell me 6 months out I will see a gigantic difference. How was it for all of you guys? 🤗🤗🤗

I saw small differences after each 10lb mark. Take pics to see your own progress. It helped me!

A wise person said;
It will take 4 weeks for you to notice a change
it will take 8 weeks for your friends to notice a change
It will take 12 weeks for the outside world to notice a change
But it takes only one day to believe in yourself enough to commit to surgery and weight loss. And that is the most important time frame, to realize you love you enough to grant yourself this gift of health and a future.🌈

On 01/14/2019 at 00:55, NewKimm said:

I know it sounds crazy but anyone ever afraid the surgery won’t work and the end will be disappointment???
Yes! All.the.time!

I see weight loss in my face and arms. I try not to get down about slow weight loss. I’ve had bronchitis this week, so I couldn’t workout. Maybe I have coughed some Calories off. Lol

I'm asthmatic, believe youme, if coughing worked I never would gotten obese, needed surgery or slowly losing down to the point no one tried showing drive-in movies on my rump or I would not be large enough to have my,own zip code assigned. But every day I get smaller, about ready to go down another size, now if I was only wealthy enough be purchase a new wardrobe, but,i still frequent Hoodwill, Volunteers,of America, when spring finally comes maybe size 18/20, the smaller I get the bigger a choice at stores. Working at leaving Plus Sized behind me, and,i,know it is gonna happen, like the 60s hit "Its just a Matter of Time"😛🙍

After about a month, you'll start to see the weight loss usually. Take photos to do comparisons!

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 1/14/2019 at 5:11 AM, Hrsnjs said:

All.the.time. I'm three months out on the 22nd and I'm a super slow loser. Have lost 28lbs since surgery. Lost 76 before surgery so my body just wants to hold onto everything. 45 to go to get to "goal", and 70 to get to ideal body weight. I watch others losing massive weight and feel like I'm failing. I'm sticking to the plan though, and the surgeon is happy. Says since I started at lower BMI it's ok that this is slow. All my contacts morbid conditions are resolved except for sleep apnea. I have gone down three clothing sizes and two ring sizes. I've lost 36". I feel better. I need to stop seeing the scale as the main indication of weight loss. SO...today my hubby hid the scale. I'm only weighing every four weeks, at the request of my surgeon. I think without checking on it several times a day I'll concentrate more on the process and what I'm supposed to do rather than the scale. Wish me luck!! Hang in there...you're not alone in this feeling.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations on your success. How did hiding the scale go? I’d be interested to know.

So I too had lost 10 pounds in the pre-op liquid diet and felt good to be at 223, then I had surgery and my bp dropped post-op, so I stayed a few more days in the hospital and pumped full of fluids 😩, gained up to 249 pounds 😭now home for 2 weeks and just got back down to 223 pounds so hopefully the weight will start to drop

On 04/14/2019 at 08:20, rhunt05@bellsouth.net said:

So I too had lost 10 pounds in the pre-op liquid diet and felt good to be at 223, then I had surgery and my bp dropped post-op, so I stayed a few more days in the hospital and pumped full of fluids 😩, gained up to 249 pounds 😭now home for 2 weeks and just got back down to 223 pounds so hopefully the weight will start to drop
Exact same thing happened to me except mine was high bp. It was SO frustrating ! I hardly lost anything until I hit about week 5. I also worried because I didn’t have severe restriction after the first few days. I thought, well he left my pouch too big. He didn’t 😂 Hang in there. Give your body to heal. Work the program your team gave you and then just strap in and trust the process 👍🏻

I’m down 33 pounds but don’t feel like I look that different. I still feel huge

22 hours ago, rhunt05@bellsouth.net said:

I didn't have a bp issue - glad it resolved itself...but I did lose 10 lbs on pre-op diet then gained 10 lbs due to iv fluids. I had surgery last Monday and it took me all this time to drop the fluids. Here is hoping that this upcoming week goes better and all us iv bloated kids can see what our weight loss is actually going to look like.