Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone get a March date yet?

I'm sorry to hear about your pain. My surgeon told me that is usually the incision where the 'hard work' was done. I had the same issue when I was sleeved. How is you weight loss going?

On 03/25/2019 at 06:26, CindeeAT said:

I'm also at 10lbs post op. The scale said that I've lost 2 lbs since yesterday. Is that even possible? I'm trying to get my head around it all.

It is possible, believe it or not. Even though it’s difficult I try to not weigh everyday. A lot of the time it makes no sense to me how it can go up and then down with identical diet/exercise/water. Our bodies are still healing and using all of the nutrients we give them as they need it. Very hard to wrap your head around!

I've lost an incredibly 32 pounds since surgery 3 weeks ago, which absolutely blows my mind! However, I'm trying not to weigh myself very often, because I know it will ebb and flow and I just want to focus on eating right.

3 minutes ago, Recidivist said:

I've lost an incredibly 32 pounds since surgery 3 weeks ago, which absolutely blows my mind! However, I'm trying not to weigh myself very often, because I know it will ebb and flow and I just want to focus on eating right.

Wow, you are doing great! I've only lost a couple of pounds since surgery 2 weeks ago today. Care to share your eating and exercise routine?

2 hours ago, Recidivist said:

Thats great news

how are you feeling?

I had my surgery 3/19 and boy did I get jammed up! Woke up in ICU and had tubes everywhere. I think when you go into this you have to realize that there is always the chance that they have to go in and do it the old fashioned way. That is what happened to me. It has been almost 3 weeks now and I got the feeding tube out yesterday. I am fine though. I have worked my way up to a soft diet and have lost 20 pounds. I can drink fine and take my pills. So I am blessed all around. I did have a crying jag about week 2 wondering why in the hell did I do this at my age, but soon got over it. Of course I don't want to go back to the way I was. Met with physical therapy yesterday and they said it is time for me to start taking nice long walks UGH, guess I need to suck it up and get on with the program! Best of Luck to you.

6 hours ago, wanda1952 said:

I had my surgery 3/19 and boy did I get jammed up! Woke up in ICU and had tubes everywhere. I think when you go into this you have to realize that there is always the chance that they have to go in and do it the old fashioned way. That is what happened to me. It has been almost 3 weeks now and I got the feeding tube out yesterday. I am fine though. I have worked my way up to a soft diet and have lost 20 pounds. I can drink fine and take my pills. So I am blessed all around. I did have a crying jag about week 2 wondering why in the hell did I do this at my age, but soon got over it. Of course I don't want to go back to the way I was. Met with physical therapy yesterday and they said it is time for me to start taking nice long walks UGH, guess I need to suck it up and get on with the program! Best of Luck to you.

Glad to hear things are getting better!! 😊

I am 26 days out from surgery. Still on soft foods. My weight loss has really slowed down though. I only lost 2 pounds this past week. I’m on program 100% so I’m annoyed by this. Anyone else notice a slowdown between weeks 3 and 4?

Ah, the dreaded 3 week stall! Lots and lots of posts about it. Push through it, and keep on program, and it'll pass. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, claricey said:

I am 26 days out from surgery. Still on soft foods. My weight loss has really slowed down though. I only lost 2 pounds this past week. I’m on program 100% so I’m annoyed by this. Anyone else notice a slowdown between weeks 3 and 4?

Claricey, I've only lost 4 lbs from my pre-surgery weight, and our surgery was the same day. I was reading a time article on weight loss and what works and doesn't and came across this: "when you lose weight, your resting metabolism (how much energy your body uses when at rest) slows down--possibly an evolutionary holdover from the days when food scarcity was common."

I think that until our metabolisms pickup (which they can't now because we are eating so little), things are going to move slowly.

This is a link to a whole series of articles on weight loss from TIme: http://time.com/collection/guide-to-weight-loss/

On 04/06/2019 at 18:19, Briswife15 said:

Ah, the dreaded 3 week stall! Lots and lots of posts about it. Push through it, and keep on program, and it'll pass. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I don’t know why I didn’t realize it until I saw you type it. This isn’t my first rodeo (band/sleeve/now RNY). LOL. You are so right. Thanks!!!

On 04/06/2019 at 19:56, NeedsTheBeach said:

Claricey, I've only lost 4 lbs from my pre-surgery weight, and our surgery was the same day. I was reading a time article on weight loss and what works and doesn't and came across this: "when you lose weight, your resting metabolism (how much energy your body uses when at rest) slows down--possibly an evolutionary holdover from the days when food scarcity was common."

I think that until our metabolisms pickup (which they can't now because we are eating so little), things are going to move slowly.

This is a link to a whole series of articles on weight loss from TIme: http://time.com/collection/guide-to-weight-loss/

This is really great information and l can’t believe with all I’ve been through that I didn’t realize it. I do have to make sure I get my daily walk in every day. I have been so tired that I have skipped a few days the past two weeks. Thanks for the link!