Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone get a March date yet?

One day post surgery. Feeling good. Able to get fluids in. Already been up and walking.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had gastric sleeve in 2016 and it didn't work well for me. I gained weight back now I'm having RNY Bypass on March 19, 2019. Getting nervous and trying to get all the Vitamin I need figured out. Frustrating to say the least. Good luck to everyone!

Edited by hartless 71

Hi thunderstorm!! Well I will be praying for you and all the folks going through surgery. I know how disappointed I felt the sleeve didn't work but hey we are troopers going big this time and will succeed 😉 I'm also having a hiatle hernia repair at same time so I hope recovery won't be too bad. Prayers for you 🙏

On 1/10/2019 at 12:41 PM, claricey said:

I just received the date of my sleeve to RNY revision. I will go in on Monday 3/11 and am very excited and hopeful for this surgery. Anyone else get a March date?

Claricey,

Haven't seen you post the last few days. Did you have surgery? How did it go?

I had mine Monday morning, and came home Tuesday afternoon. Some nausea and pain after I came to. Took something for both, which cleared them up. Had a little more pain Monday evening but that's been all since then. Just went out and sat on the porch swing in the sunshine. So far so good. Hope the same for you.

On 03/13/2019 at 14:23, NeedsTheBeach said:

Claricey,

I had mine Monday morning, and came home Tuesday afternoon. Some nausea and pain after I came to. Took something for both, which cleared them up. Had a little more pain Monday evening but that's been all since then. Just went out and sat on the porch swing in the sunshine. So far so good. Hope the same for you.

Hi! Just got home today. Had lots of scar tissue from previous surgery so it took about 4 hours. I was really zonked out on anesthesia until last night. All went well and I’m just dealing with managing the pain. As long as I get ahead of it I’m ok! I have 6 small incisions. I know in a few days it will get better. On clears till Friday when I see the nutritionist to advance my diet to puréed.

11 hours ago, claricey said:
19 hours ago, NeedsTheBeach said:
Claricey,

Hi! Just got home today. Had lots of scar tissue from previous surgery so it took about 4 hours. I was really zonked out on anesthesia until last night. All went well and I’m just dealing with managing the pain. As long as I get ahead of it I’m ok! I have 6 small incisions. I know in a few days it will get better. On clears till Friday when I see the nutritionist to advance my diet to puréed.

I"m so glad it is going well for you! Today I woke up feeling normal, no pain, no discomfort at all! I stay on full liquid for 2 weeks before progressing to pureed. Yesterday I was able to drink 1 full Premier Protein shake over the course of the day. We are doing great!

On 2/25/2019 at 11:54 AM, Jadesmomma143 said:

I’m Having my lap and revision to a sleeve on Monday, March 11 also

How is it going for you? I'm feeling really good and my surgery was the same day. I came home Tuesday afternoon. I'm doing pretty good at getting in my fluids.

Are you having issues or problems? Hopefully not!

On 3/13/2019 at 8:33 AM, thunderstorm said:

My date for sleeve to bypass is also March 19th. Best if luck on your surgery

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using BariatricPal mobile app

Are you nervous? I am and I don't know why. This isn't my first rodeo. Maybe my nerves will calm down when I get there. Good Luck to you and stay in touch.

1 hour ago, wanda1952 said:

Are you nervous? I am and I don't know why. This isn't my first rodeo. Maybe my nerves will calm down when I get there. Good Luck to you and stay in touch.

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I burst into tears when they came to wheel me in the OR. It surprised me, and I don't know why it happened--but it certainly unnerved the staff.