Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you get on the scale months out vs years out?

Can I have a moment of silence for my bathroom scale.

Yesterday, my husband dropped my digital bathroom scale. The glass top shattered. I've had this scale since 2015. It's been by my side throughout the ups and downs of surgery. I have been in the habit of getting on the scale every day. I've tried to weigh myself every two weeks and found that weight gain sneaks up on me.

Now that my scale is gone I'm torn. Is weighing every day healthy or unhealthy at this point? I'm putting it to the test and weighing myself less. I'm trying to trust myself.

How often do you step on the scale months out vs years out?

81AR7xmG5tL._SX522_.jpg

45 minutes ago, Faith2002 said:

For me it’s everyday. Did the same before surgery. I need the accountability. Almost a year out.

Almost your one year anniversary. Celebrate big!

I’m about 6 months out, and I weigh 2-3 times per week but only record it once a week on Monday mornings.

I do my best to weigh on the same day. The first year I wore the same outfit until the weather changed, then I wore the same outfit during the spring/summer. I am two years out now and I still weight once a week now, but I will calculate for my shoes and clothes. I hope this helps.

3 minutes ago, cyberdiva said:

I do my best to weigh on the same day. The first year I wore the same outfit until the weather changed, then I wore the same outfit during the spring/summer. I am two years out now and I still weight once a week now, but I will calculate for my shoes and clothes. I hope this helps.

I should never post when I have had no sleep...No comment for now.

I barely weighted during the losing phase, at 1 yr post I got a scale for maintenance and only check my weight when I feel a gain. (My wrists, don't laugh, tell me first. I have a Bracelet that I never remove or change the set rung, so if it's too I know something is up and I check with the scale next) in the years to come it will be for accountability. I will also measure, take photos and use clothing as guages of recidivism. But none of that for me honestly...

Coincidentally I was in the store Five Below last getting some leggings I and they have digital glass scales for $5...

Edited by GreenTealael

I weigh daily for my three days I am off in a row. My job has me on my feet for so many hours and working nights can be tough to get a good time to weigh.

I am used to the natural fluctuations on the scale now. I only record a loss if my weight is the same for a week now. It is taking me weeks to lose a pound or two unfortunately.

I find weighing at least once a week does help with my accountability.

I weigh daily. As stated above, it keeps me accountable. I only log Mondays though.

I also weigh myself daily each morning as a "pulse check," but only log my Friday morning weight in my tracker.

Eight years out-I weigh once weekly and log it. If my weight goes up two weeks in a row I modify my intake immediately.