Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Only A Few Active Members

Hello Peeps,

Is it just me or does it seem like there are only about 10 active members on this forum? It seems like it’s always the same handful of people posting and responding. Occasionally there will be a new person, they will ask some questions and then disappear. Then someone might show up and there will be an argument and then they disappear. We could definitely use some more members on this site in my humble opinion.

It ebbs and flows. A lot of the people I remember being really active when I started lurking here a year ago aren’t around anymore - some announced their departure, some ghosted.

It feels like sometime between 12 and 18 months post-op, people just reprioritize and discussing this surgery just isn’t on their radar anymore. Well, that and there are no truly new WLS-related things to discover at that stage.

Edited by sideeye

Yes there seems to be a just a few, and it's a cycle. The active few from previous years disappear, new ones replace them. Don't worry eventually everyone graduates...

Edited by GreenTealael

and some of us come back because we need revisions!

I am someone who has come back, as I need a revision.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Its a good job in my opinion that we do have those regular posters to help out with all the new peoples questions, I appreciate the time they take to help. They certainly helped me when I had a wobble!

I appreciate any and all information! This site has been a life line for me!

I check in daily. If I see a post I feel I can give a helpful reply I do. Often a few others have already posted a reply I agree with and would have said the same...so I skip on by.

im also on at least one other gastric sleeve forum. I just don’t post as much as I used to...I’m in the groove now.

I come and go. I think a lot of it has to do with the regurgitation of the same old posts. They are new to the newbies, but for people 6+ months out it gets old. And me personally, I'm not exactly a vet at 8 months out, so its not like I can give some sage advise to them. What was very useful in the beginning becomes less useful. That is why I like seeing certain posts that address different points in the WLS journey. It gives you a reason to keep checking in.

I personally come here whenever I get nervous or stressed or, I suppose the right word is anxious about this journey. I read a few posts and it calms me.

It would be nice having more people, but I like the tight-knit community as well! It's a pleasure getting to know everyone and instantly makes me feel more grounded seeing familiar faces 🤗