Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, I’m glad I found this forum! I’m never quite sure about posting on the Facebook pages because many people don’t know that I’ve had surgery.

I’m 3 weeks post op tomorrow, and feel better overall than I expected. I sometimes forget that Imcant take these big bites of food, and to slow down. I was having a terrible time with diarrhea, but figured out it was the Vitamins, and so I switched. Problem solved but now the scale shows I’m up 6 pounds since Sunday! It could be Water, I’ve been having a hard time getting in all that I should, plus adding soft foods the last few days maybe? I was down 40 since Dec 5th (pre-op) but now it’s 36. Still, a good problem to have

My first follow up with the Nutritionist is Friday morning. I’ll ask her about it, plus about some food ideas. I’m still working on getting used to all of this, so I keep reminding myself to be patient. (Not my virtue, but I’m working on it.)

I live in the Seattle area, and I have a big family.

Just thought I’d introduce myself. Hope to be checking in and participating regularly! Oh! My name is Stacia.

Hi @Stajas. Welcome aboard and congratulations on your recent surgery...you will learn a lot on this site as I certainly have. Jump right in 🤗

I wish you the very best on your journey 😉

11 hours ago, Wanda247 said:

Hi @Stajas. Welcome aboard and congratulations on your recent surgery...you will learn a lot on this site as I certainly have. Jump right in 🤗

I wish you the very best on your journey 😉

Thank you! I’m looking forward to learning as much as I can. Including how to navigate this website! 😂

12 hours ago, Evette85 said:

Hi I’m new here.. how do I post? Or is that what I’m doing? I’m sorry I’m so clueless

Yes ma'am you just posted lol. Welcome!

2 hours ago, Stajas said:

Thank you! I’m looking forward to learning as much as I can. Including how to navigate this website! 😂

You're welcome, you can actually do more on a desktop, somethings your phone will not allow you to do. But you will figure it all out and if not just ask and we will help you as much as we can 😉

15 hours ago, Stajas said:

Hi everyone, I’m glad I found this forum! I’m never quite sure about posting on the Facebook pages because many people don’t know that I’ve had surgery.

I’m 3 weeks post op tomorrow, and feel better overall than I expected. I sometimes forget that Imcant take these big bites of food, and to slow down. I was having a terrible time with diarrhea, but figured out it was the Vitamins, and so I switched. Problem solved but now the scale shows I’m up 6 pounds since Sunday! It could be Water, I’ve been having a hard time getting in all that I should, plus adding soft foods the last few days maybe? I was down 40 since Dec 5th (pre-op) but now it’s 36. Still, a good problem to have

My first follow up with the Nutritionist is Friday morning. I’ll ask her about it, plus about some food ideas. I’m still working on getting used to all of this, so I keep reminding myself to be patient. (Not my virtue, but I’m working on it.)

Just thought I’d introduce myself. Hope to be checking in and participating regularly! Oh! My name is Stacia.

WELCOME TO THE BOARD AND IM ALSO FROM THE NORTHWEST OLYMPIA CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR SURGERY YOU WILL FIND A PETRA OF INFO AND OPINIONS ANYTHING I CAN HELP WITH I GLADLY WILL IM SHORT TIMER THOUGH CHEERS HAVE A GREAT DAY !!!!

13 hours ago, Evette85 said:

Hi I’m new here.. how do I post? Or is that what I’m doing? I’m sorry I’m so clueless

HI WELCOME TO THE BOARD I FOUND IT VERY HELPFUL TO ME !!!

I read somewhere to take child Flintstone chewables after the surgery.

Sent from my LG-SP200 using BariatricPal mobile app

22 hours ago, VIKING 0424 said:

WELCOME TO THE BOARD AND IM ALSO FROM THE NORTHWEST OLYMPIA CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR SURGERY YOU WILL FIND A PETRA OF INFO AND OPINIONS ANYTHING I CAN HELP WITH I GLADLY WILL IM SHORT TIMER THOUGH CHEERS HAVE A GREAT DAY !!!!

Hello from Seattle! Thanks so much, I'm happy to hear from you.

22 hours ago, BrendaV2262 said:

I read somewhere to take child Flintstone chewables after the surgery.

Sent from my LG-SP200 using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh my word, you know what, I started on those on day 15.... they did NOT agree with me. LOL. I read the same thing!

Now I'm taking Fusion... Bariatric Fusion, chewables... or something like that. They seem to sit much better in my gut.