Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This month marks number 3 in the 6 month medically monitored weight loss program that my insurance requires. I have been reading threads, taking notes, journaling, and have a spreadsheet to mark my weekly changes in weight and measurements. #scaleshateme
I still struggle with the idea that the surgery will happen. I tend to be a pessimist, so I keep thinking that this is too good to be true. Maybe my insurance will deny it. Maybe something will go wrong. I don’t want to be negative, but here I am. #negativenancy
I have changed my eating habits up a bit. I have started eating 4 meals a day and drinking Water. I NEVER drank water before. I would drown out fatigue with caffeine all day long. I worry that I will struggle to give that up, but I am down to 2 mugs per day. #win
I have read about ‘not trusting a fart, ’ not taking an underwire bra to wear home from surgery, the 3 week stall, Constipation woes, and Hair loss. I recognize that a realistic weight loss expectation is to lose 60% of excess weight, and I know to walk as much as possible to avoid gas pain post op. I also know that loose skin and vanishing boobs are a thing. #youguysrock
Just wanted to journal a bit on here. I would love some feedback or tidbits of things to expect that I haven’t found yet. #gettingexcited

I'm in the same boat as you! My 3rd RD visit is coming up. 3 more to go after that! What I'm working on right now is getting my supplements in order. I'm going to start taking them now to start forming the habit. If you haven't already, figure out which ones you're going to buy, how much they'll cost, etc. Get ahead of the game! My RD gave me a pretty extensive PDF of all the recommended brands that offer the corrected dosages of nutrients. Of course, tolerances and tastes will change after surgery so what you pick now, may not agree with you later BUT at least you'll be prepared with something to get you started. Good luck!

6 minutes ago, RosePollard said:

Thanks! I have started taking Biotin and my hairdresser has changed to a Demi-permanent hair color. I never thought about starting supplements now. I will talk to the doc and see what he recommends. It looks like we are on the same schedule! I am getting a sleeve. You?

Yesss, Biotin! How much are you taking? I think there's Biotin in this Multivitamin, but not sure how much at the moment or if it's enough. I'll be doing bypass.

41 minutes ago, RosePollard said:

I think it is 5000mcg...

Cool. Noted. Also, I've been drinking collagen peptides in my morning bulletproof coffee for about 3 months. My hair has grown SO long and very quick. I'm not sure how collagen is absorbed after surgery though. With the sleeve, you might be able to benefit from it. Not so much after bypass. But this stuff is amazing. You can put it in anything. No flavor, nothing. Invisible magic!

image.png.d66c2155b2b81b2c727a4276265c7ac2.png

One more thing...hair loss is one of my biggest fears next to loose skin. Most bariatric Multivitamins I've seen have a good amount of these things already. Here's an interesting link I saved the other day...Supplements That Help Avoid Hair loss https://www.tijuanabariatriccenter.com/blog/2018/01/30/supplements-that-help-avoid-hair-188771

On 1/11/2019 at 1:40 PM, Sweettoothless said:

I love the info. My nut did a piss poor job sharing this info with the group when we had our one and only presentation. I'm going to order the collagen right now. And I am not taking any omegas so I need to add that.

Yay! I also started taking 10,000mcg Biotin (Sports Research brand - same as the collagen). They apparently work together. The pill is TINY, about the size of a D3 capsule. Dude, I’m loading up now because I want to know I did everything I can to prevent Hair loss, brittle nails and saggy skin.

Here’s the Amazon link...Biotin (10,000mcg) with Organic Coconut Oil | Supports Healthy hair, Skin & Nails | Non-GMO Verified & Vegan Certified (120 Veggie-Softgels) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T56FQAE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_iA1oCb8WFT36C

Edited by Kimmie K