Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your post-op surgeon visit schedule?

When is everyone going to surgeon/ center visits post-op? My insurance changed to Kaiser so I am going to go to their center for post-op appts instead of MY surgeon/ nut center. I am new to Kaiser so I just want to make sure whatever appts they schedule are what the standard is. I think with my surgeon there was an appt at 3months out but not sure how often after that. I've been paying oop for my nut visits so will be happy to have it covered by Kaiser.

1195339448_Post-opLabs.thumb.jpg.50c713ce9750bc41e495e5b5729e01c8.jpg

I had my 3-month visit and, recently, my 6-month visit. Normally, my next appointment would be in one year, but I was given my next appointment in 6 months. My surgeon told me that he expects me to meet my goal weight in 6 months and he wants to see me do it. He actually seemed excited (but not as excited as I am to accomplish that goal).

Mine was (roughly): 2 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months (ends up being 2.5 months), 6 months (more like 5.5 months), 1 year, then yearly after that if all is going well. I've done the 2 week and 6 week and so far I haven't had any blood tests. And the 6 wk/3mo appointments are with his nurse practitioner, not the surgeon. I like the schedule Ed_NW posted because it tells you what to expect and also lets you get your blood tests before hand. I suspect (but don't know) that the'll order blood tests at 3 months, but it'd have to be at the appt since I'm going on Friday.

I forgot about the short-term appointments following the surgery, ie. one week, one month. I guess I was focusing on the lab work appointments.

Edited by Missouri-Lee's Summit

My appointments were 2 weeks, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, and then every year after that.

24 minutes ago, Sweettoothless said:
1 hour ago, Ed_NW said:

Thank you so much for this! Kaiser looks so much more thorough than my surgery place.

I'm really pleased with their services. It was definitely on the up and up.

Mine was (roughly): 2 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months (ends up being 2.5 months), 6 months (more like 5.5 months), 1 year, then yearly after that if all is going well. I've done the 2 week and 6 week and so far I haven't had any blood tests. And the 6 wk/3mo appointments are with his nurse practitioner, not the surgeon. I like the schedule Ed_NW posted because it tells you what to expect and also lets you get your blood tests before hand. I suspect (but don't know) that the'll order blood tests at 3 months, but it'd have to be at the appt since I'm going on Friday.
Mine is EXACTLY the same. Even down to my three month appt being this Friday. (Actually 12 weeks). I would think they'll order labs at this one as well, we shall see!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, Hrsnjs said:

Mine is EXACTLY the same. Even down to my three month appt being this Friday. (Actually 12 weeks). I would think they'll order labs at this one as well, we shall see!

Looks like you had your surgery about a week before I did. Good luck on Friday!

Looks like you had your surgery about a week before I did. Good luck on Friday!
Yay for us! Same to you...good luck Friday!!

Mine was supposed to be the same intervals as @ nomyname. Turned out to be 1 week, 2 week. one month, 2.5 months, 3.5 months and 4. 5 months. Why? My ulcerations and stoma stricture, I'm a especially more fascinating case, plus I will have my 5th EGJ with Dr Noria on the 25th, makes my 8th lifetime one. One transnasally, 2 EGD and now 5 EGJ. Maybe they should put me on You-Tube or something pretty soon.The Endoscopy staff recognizes me, Dr Noria calls me by my name instead of Medical Record #, by now I know the preparatory drill by 💖. But every time I hope it will be my last one, that everything has settled down the ulcers are healing if not totally healed. And finally that my stricture will be healthy enough to be displayed and stay that way permanently. Hasn't happened yet but I believe it will someday. The last thing that will stay in my 💖 is hope when every other thing is gone.

The term is dilated.not displayed.
You know you're having a bad day when even auto-correct says " I don't have a clue what you meant!"

I have Kaiser as well and have been very happy with the program. I am waiting for my one year visit in March. I do go to the weekly support meetings, which are great, and I also am the guest speaker for Options class for the past 2 months.

Edited by nenes78