Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm 4 weeks out and am cleared for soft things, meant included. So, I thought rotisserie chicken thigh meat was pretty soft. Have tried 3 times now to eat 2 or 3 ounces of it and I have gotten SICK every time. No barfing, but miserable fullness, nausea and pain that lasts for hours! Feels like it isn't digesting at all.

Is that a thing? Is it hard for the tiny pouches to grind up meats?

I have stopped even trying that at this point. I can do ground chicken or sausage-like consistencies, but I don;t even want to LOOK at my fave rotiss. chicken now!

A lot of people have trouble with chicken. If I eat roast chicken it's too fatty and I get the squits. Maybe just stick to ground chicken mince for a while.

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

35 minutes ago, Myhorseisfattoo said:

So I'm 4 weeks out and am cleared for soft things, meant included. So, I thought rotisserie chicken thigh meat was pretty soft. Have tried 3 times now to eat 2 or 3 ounces of it and I have gotten SICK every time. No barfing, but miserable fullness, nausea and pain that lasts for hours! Feels like it isn't digesting at all.

I have stopped even trying that at this point. I can do ground chicken or sausage-like consistencies, but I don;t even want to LOOK at my fave rotiss. chicken now!

So then stop eating it. LOL. Wait a couple weeks, then try again. :) You are one of the peeps who don't do well with chicken right now. Or you can try eating it with a gravy.

Go back to fish. Poached or lightly sauteed.

Go back to tuna from a pouch, maybe chicken from a pouch mixed with low fat mayo or avocado.

Go back to soft scrambled eggs, soft boiled eggs, eggs fried in very little fat over easy.

Cottage cheese, yogurt, ricotta bake, refried Beans with cheese.

Or make stews from ground turkey/ground chicken and cook until very tender.

I also ate canned corned beef hash (nasty but some like it).

I have stopped eating it. Was just wondering if it was a thing. To this point, I've handled everything I've tried, so I was just surprised that I couldn't do it.

Yeah, that is why you only add 1 thing at a time and do it slowly...like every 2-3 days or so. And then, some days things go down easily, other days not. I found hydration levels hugely determined how easily food would slide through my new anatomy. On days when I was dehydrated, I experienced more pain on eating things.

2 hours ago, Myhorseisfattoo said:

This is my experience when I eat too much. I tolerate just about anything, but overeating, especially dense Protein makes me feel as you described.

I seem to have a particularly restrictive sleeve. At nearly 11 months out 1 oz of dense protein gets me comfortably full. At 4 weeks out 2 oz of protein was 4 meals for me. So eating 2-3 oz at 4 weeks seems to be potentially too much. I'd suggest starting out with 1 oz and eating slowly, so you don't go past your full point.

Edited by sillykitty

I am 7 months out, and still cant eat chicken. Any chicken, cooked anyway. No go. But turkey, pork is ok. So my nutritionist told me to wait a couple months and try again. Its just my stomach doesnt like chicken now. That and bread of any kind. No go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

8 hours ago, Myhorseisfattoo said:

Hang in there first few months is the learning curve of what your stomach can tolerate. It gets better.

Yup, I still have issues with meat. My nutritionist says it's not uncommon. I was sleeved Aug 15th.

Yup, I still have issues with meat and eggs. My nutritionist says it's not uncommon. I was sleeved Aug 15th.

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the feedback.

Well lookie here! I ate 2.3 oz of lean beef (RARE) tonight. I slowed WAAAY down and chewed the snot out of it. No problems at all!!!!

Maybe I was gobbling that chicken. Learning to take a breath, set the fork down and look at hubby for cues!