Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein shakes

I am 3 months post op, my weight loss has not been as much as my doctor would have a anticipated and she doesnt want me drinking shakes...but, they are a great source of protein...how far out from surgery are you? Do you still drink shakes? And which, aside from Premier Protein do you love most? Brand and flavor please...

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

Interesting. My nutritionist is fine with me still having shakes. It's the only way I can even get close to reaching my goals. I'm 4 mos post sleeve. I went through a period of not tolerating premier so I switched to Core Power, made by Fairlife. I like the banana and the Strawberry/Banana. https://fairlife.com/core-power/our-products/

That far out I'm also expected not to be drinking shakes as much. food is more dense so it keeps you more full than a shake.

Interesting. My nutritionist is fine with me still having shakes. It's the only way I can even get close to reaching my goals. I'm 4 mos post sleeve. I went through a period of not tolerating premier so I switched to Core Power, made by Fairlife. I like the Banana and the Strawberry/Banana. https://fairlife.com/core-power/our-products/
Yeah, the nutritionist didnt twll me not to have them...it was the dr that said that....thank you, I will try that brand/flavor...[emoji106]

There is no way I could meet my Protein goals without a shake or at least half of one a day. I like Ensure Max. 150 calories, 6 carbs, 30 protein. It is more palatable than the Premier, but let’s face it, they all suck. I have given up on trying to doctor them up in the blender with fruit and ice. It just makes the shake bigger and plus I’d rather have some berries later as a snack instead of whirred up in the chemical shake. coffee flavored shakes are best, I think. Adding unsweetened butter cocoa powder helps too.

There is no way I could meet my Protein goals without a shake or at least half of one a day. I like Ensure Max. 150 calories, 6 carbs, 30 Protein. It is more palatable than the Premier, but let’s face it, they all suck. I have given up on trying to doctor them up in the blender with fruit and ice. It just makes the shake bigger and plus I’d rather have some berries later as a snack instead of whirred up in the chemical shake. coffee flavored shakes are best, I think. Adding unsweetened butter cocoa powder helps too.
I haven't seen any coffee flavored ones? I will check ensure Max. I have seen people mix Premier Protein with espresso and ice...but I dont like the caffeine...

I bought some at Wal-Mart, forget the brand, Atkins? anyway it wasn't merely coffee- tasting, it had strong caffeine count, took it back and got something else.

I bought some at Wal-Mart, forget the brand, Atkins? anyway it wasn't merely coffee- tasting, it had strong caffeine count, took it back and got something else.
Now that you say that I did try the Atkins mocha latte...I forgot about that one! [emoji2]

I was also told to stop doing Protein Shakes and get my Protein from food very early on. I don't know if I really understand the reason and I know a lot of people who still do a Protein Shake for Breakfast. I suppose there is more pure nutrition in food than i a shake.

I don't remember the brand right now but there are also shakes that are more like juice -- I have the Fuzzy Naval flavor and it is really good. got it from the Vitamin Shoppe.

I was also told to stop doing Protein Shakes and get my Protein from food very early on. I don't know if I really understand the reason and I know a lot of people who still do a Protein Shake for Breakfast. I suppose there is more pure nutrition in food than i a shake.
I don't remember the brand right now but there are also shakes that are more like juice -- I have the Fuzzy Naval flavor and it is really good. got it from the Vitamin Shoppe.
Premier Protein makes some of those too and they were super sweet, which I typically lile... bad aftertaste... but maybe that would be better than the shakes, sigh....

I still drink one for breakfast and my nutritionist is fine with it. I drink it for convenience not necessarily for Protein amount.

I am just over a year out.
chocolate premiere is my favorite but I also like caramel . vanilla is good to mix in other things

The first year of my surgery I drank Muscle Milk shakes, Premier Protein shakes and blended chocolate Isopure Protein Powder with skim milk. After the one year mark ( I'm 16 months out) I stopped those and started adding "unflavored" Isopure Protein to 32 ounces of Water with powdered Fiber and flavoring such as Crystal Light or Mio. This way I get my water, fiber and 25 grams of protein in one convenient drink. Despite being "unflavored" the protein powder has a taste of its own which I had to get used to.

I just tossed some strawberries into some of my repulsive vanilla Protein Shake, repulsive because after 25 weeks of Protein Shakes I have grown to loathe them, especially thick white tasteless vanilla. I was a moderately happy camper with Premier Protein and it's flavors, especially peaches and cream and caramel, then Wal-Mart in their infinite stupidity stopped stocking anything but chocolate, which I have been allergic to for 43 years and the verdompt vanilla. And I have had the tag ends of several vanilla varieties taking up space in the fridge. Time to either drink(shudder) or pitch them. Now my actual nutrition comes from TPN running through my PiCC line, although the TPN people said I don't need to, Dr Needlemans nurse-practitioner said I can have one liquid meal daily, so I don't forget how to swallow. Flimsy excuse there, how she think I take all those pills if I don't swallow? Se I usually brew up a strawberry whey Protein shake made with skim milk and sip on it all day, then I have that 16 oz down by nightfall. Well my skim milk expired and I haven't bought more yet hence the doctored up muscle milk.Maybe the strawberries will kill the rampant pervasive vanilla taste. Sure hopeful. I think the TPN has stalled me, I regained nutrition and better protein levels to only lose my plummet with weight loss. I think there is a Bible verse for this: what does it profit a man to gain the world and lose his soul? Well what did it profit me to attempt weight loss only to have the 1430 calories of TPN bring it to a screeching halt? Oh a smart personage told me I should still lose 1-2 pounds a week on that but I AM NOT SO SURE. Oh I feel better, no dizziness, I am well hydrated, thinking clearer, all that good stuff but did I undergo that major surgery just to be stopped short of progress?

Frust... amazon!!

Okay, BostonWLKC, it is worth the try. Would you believe I don't have an Amazon Prime account? Bet everyone on Bariatric Pal younger than me does. Well, more than the time of life to grow more Cyber-Davey. Turn on computer, make sure search engine engaged, okay that's a fine start.....