Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

T-2 days till surgery!

On 01/05/2019 at 16:49, Kris77 said:

You will do great. My favorite thing is my clothes getting so baggy.

Start weight was 238. Day of surgery was 221 and currently I'm 167. Goal is 135-140. Hell I'm just glad to be in the, as someone else put it in "1-derland". Been a long time since I had seen the 100s!
Wow! Good for you! That is so wonderful! When did you have your surgery! Such a great feeling.....I can’t wait until I’m there :-)

July 23rd 2018

Thank you!! The real work for me is the mental side of it but I'm a work in progress.
You will be there very soon!!!

And now it is Surgery Eve for you, so exciting. God watch over and keep you safe tomorrow and may you awaken to a brand new and beautiful future!

On 01/06/2019 at 05:14, Frustr8 said:

And now it is Surgery Eve for you, so exciting. God watch over and keep you safe tomorrow and may you awaken to a brand new and beautiful future!
Thank you so much! I’m excited and ready for the new day to happen :-)

Hope all is good. I met with my surgeon for the last time before surgery on the 15th. Now I wait for surgery and try to keep myself calm and not too nervous. I know I've read it before but what did you take to the hospital with you? I'm anticipating one night. All depends on my Water intake. Thanks again for all the help and support I've received on this forum

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Getting ready to have surgery on Monday. Excited but then have bouts of being SUPER scared and nervous! Wondering how it’s going to be and if I’m going to have regrets. I want to know I made the right decision. [emoji20] after 5 months of preparing, years of failed diets and regains, I made this decision. And I can’t help but feeing nervous and wondering if it was the right one. Anybody else feel that way?
Mine is on Feb 26, so I am nervous as well. Where are you having yours ?

Sent from my SM-G950W using BariatricPal mobile app

Good luck, you've got this, you're ready and other than day #1 post-op where you'll be super nauseous, it's easy peasy after that. I'm on Week 4 post-op now and back to gym, getting ready to start solid food, have lost 15 pounds and 15 inches and am looking forward to the year ahead to lose 80 more lbs

On 01/05/2019 at 13:35, Abbey M. said:

Getting ready to have surgery on Monday. Excited but then have bouts of being SUPER scared and nervous! Wondering how it’s going to be and if I’m going to have regrets. I want to know I made the right decision. 😞 after 5 months of preparing, years of failed diets and regains, I made this decision. And I can’t help but feeing nervous and wondering if it was the right one. Anybody else feel that way?

Hey how did you do today!?!

On 01/07/2019 at 18:37, Kris77 said:

Hey how did you do today!?!
Hey Chris! So the surgery went good. The only pain I really have is not from my incisions but in my diaphragm area. I do have an incision right there so I don’t know if it hurts from that or trapped gas, but it’s literally the only thing that hurts. I’ve had no problem at al drinking Water and eating popsicles. I feel good if it just wasn’t for that darn spot on my diaphragm :-/

On 01/07/2019 at 18:12, RiaR said:

How are you feeling ? Hope surgery went well ?

Sent from my SM-G950W using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi! Surgery went well. I was a little nauseous after but not a lot at all. I honest have like zero pain except for 1 spot which is my diaphragm. I have an incision very close to it so I’m not sure if it’s the incision that caused the pain or if it’s that trapped co2 gas. Either way it’s literally the only think achy. I was walking around an hour after surgery. I’m having no problem drinking Water and eating popsicles haha. The anesthesia is finally starting to wear off so that’s good. Its not bad at all.....that damn diaphragm just needs to stop aching then it’s REALLY nothing haha

Hi! Surgery went well. I was a little nauseous after but not a lot at all. I honest have like zero pain except for 1 spot which is my diaphragm. I have an incision very close to it so I’m not sure if it’s the incision that caused the pain or if it’s that trapped co2 gas. Either way it’s literally the only think achy. I was walking around an hour after surgery. I’m having no problem drinking Water and eating popsicles haha. The anesthesia is finally starting to wear off so that’s good. Its not bad at all.....that damn diaphragm just needs to stop aching then it’s REALLY nothing haha
It's great you haven't has much pain. How long are you in the hospital for? What did you bring with you that you really needed and that you really didn't need? I'm making my bag up this weekend and want to be prepared but not bring crazy stuff

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 01/08/2019 at 02:50, Abbey M. said:

Hey Chris! So the surgery went good. The only pain I really have is not from my incisions but in my diaphragm area. I do have an incision right there so I don’t know if it hurts from that or trapped gas, but it’s literally the only thing that hurts. I’ve had no problem at al drinking Water and eating popsicles. I feel good if it just wasn’t for that darn spot on my diaphragm :-/
Hey Abbey/it's actually Kristin. A lot of my friends call me Kris so I used that as my name tag on this.
The incision by your ribs is where the liver retractor was. I'm guessing the pain you're feeling is not from the incision but from the gas. I had a lot of gas pain afterwards. Other than the gas pain it was a relatively easy recovery for me. With the gas keep taking those full deep breaths and keep walking around to help move that air on out.
I'm so glad everything went well for you!!