Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

3 hours ago, Recidivist said:

I agree with you. I look great in clothes (not so much without them), but the neck is always visible. It really ages me.

Lol'd out loud. Something I would say. 🤪

28 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

Okay so I say we all need to find a groupon for neck plastics.

Who all is in?
🤣🤣🤣

Me✋

On 10/6/2019 at 5:47 AM, Recidivist said:

Sorry for posting again, but I found a couple of fat pictures that I wanted to share along with my most recent photo. This was not my heaviest, but it gives you an idea of what I used to look like.

WBath.jpg

WBed.jpg

After 2.jpg

BLOWN.AWAY!!! Congratulations!!!

On 10/9/2019 at 8:56 PM, Gottajustdoit said:

Hi all---just wanted you all to know that I had a consultation with a surgeon on Monday to discuss a breast reduction. I'm at 160 lbs and feels as if this is my maintenance weight. Given my history of back and neck pain, and wanting to get a breast reduction years ago, I figured now was the time to start pursuing it. The surgeon told me that my insurance would cover it so I'm going to go ahead with it. During the consult, she asked me if I was thinking about getting the apron skin removed. She took some measurements and photos and will submit them to my insurance company to see if that could be covered too. I never thought insurance would cover it so I'll wait and see---if my Blue Cross Blue Shield plan will pay, then I'm going to seriously consider it. If I decide yes, then I have to decide if I want to have that done at the same time as my mammoplasty. To be honest, both surgeries sound very painful. The incisions are real cuts, not laproscopic cuts, so the recovery time will take at least 2 weeks and longer if I do the apron skin. The apron-skin removal is not the same as a tummy tuck...that would be on my dime, but could be done at the same time as my apron-skin removal. So much to consider, especially because I'm not thrilled about going into surgery again. Oh, and I'd have to wait until my one-year surgerversary for the apron-skin surgery, which is fine with me given I want to make sure all the weight I think I've lost will be lost. Just to let you know....apron-skin removal might be covered by your insurance if the skin hangs below your pubic bone (that was why she measured me and took so many photos--ugh!). Anyone else considering one or both of these surgeries?

I’m just getting caught up after having not logged on for a couple of days/weeks. So there may be more comments on this but I am so fascinated. As you know I also struggle with tremendous back and neck pain. I had implants placed in 2008. So to have those removed/reduced I’m sure would not be covered by insurance. I desperately desperately need a Tummy Tuck. Which of course would not be covered either. Mine is more cosmetic but the skin on my stomach is terribly unsightly. I’ve never seen anything like it. I was carrying all of my weight at waist. Anyway I wish you luck and please keep us updated. Private message me if you refer to as things progress. I’m happy for you!

On 10/10/2019 at 11:48 PM, AZhiker said:

It's been 8 months now since surgery. Wow. What a ride it's been. I'm now a little worried because I don't want to lose any more weight - I don't want to get below 140. But unless I keep eating throughout the day, I still continue to lose. I am worried that I am very much in the honeymoon stage and that I am snacking way too much - simply because I can't eat enough volume at meals to get enough calories in. I worry that I could be setting myself up for regain later on. This is supposed to be the time to really focus on good habits, and although I only eat healthy options, I am eating all the time from noon until evening during an 8 hour window. I just don't quite know how to deal with this. Maybe I need to set the clock and eat only at prescribed times - like every 2 hours on the clock. That would at least establish some level of discipline. My exercise has dropped off since the triathlon, simply because we have a full week of wedding events and there is not time. I will resume biking, swimming, hiking after next week, and unfortunately will have to eat even more. I don't like eating beyond my comfort level. It makes me feel out of control and I fear it could be setting me up for a problem once my appetite returns and my volume increases. I am adding healthy carbs and even some extra Protein Drinks. I am rambling, and I guess my question is: How does one maintain weight without feeling like one is "breaking the rules" by eating beyond fullness and eating too frequently?

I’m Having the same problem. When I go to restaurants even if I want a salad Im now Deliberately selecting high calorie items. I can’t eat enough and I don’t get enough calories - and I eat whenever I want, whatever I want. I still look good but it’s starting to Teeter on getting too thin.

On 10/11/2019 at 4:05 PM, EmzBee said:

Hey@november11, wow! You're surgery date is going to come up so quick! All the best!

If you have a question for Sheri directly, I'd suggest you reach out to her via direct message.

I'm really proud of the community us February peeps created here together and it's important that it remains a community (rather than a hierarchy) so everyone continues to feel that their personal journeys are valued and important. We all have setbacks and we all have successes -- no one journey is more valuable than support and friendship we've built together over many, many months of sharing our journeys, and I'd hate to see any one of our February members start to feel excluded.

Obviously we all know this is a public forum, but we do put some fairly sensitive information (and pictures!) out there for all to see. It can be confronting when someone else comes in and we realize those intimacies we've shared have traveled further than we expected.

Perhaps there is a Novemeber group you could join, or better yet, start one! With your enthusiasm I'm sure you'll develop a thriving November community!

Sent from my CPH1719 using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m just going to speak for myself on this and I hope it does not offend anyone - in particular Emz. I feel like everything I post on here is something I expect the entire world to see and read. I also know there are other people that have been on our February forum that were not February surgery buddies. Frustur8 Has been a regular with us and she had surgery prior to February. I don’t think November was implying anyone had more rank, what she was saying related back to a previous post a few weeks ago. Sheri has a big presence on here because she is one of our regular posters. That’s just my personal opinion. I personally invite anybody on here At any stage in their journey. But again that’s just my opinion. I think we all talk directly to one another openly. I know I often complement and comment on people‘s posts directly to them as do they to me. I guess I just don’t understand quite where this is coming from. I’m sure November did not mean to offend or upset anyone! I kind of think it is sweet she referred to Sheri as the queen! That doesn’t mean any of us are not important. Hope that doesn’t bother you or anyone else. I just want everyone to feel welcome and embraced here! Please don’t be upset with me for sharing my thoughts. I just kind of felt like we were pushing November out with this comment and I don’t want anyone to feel that way...

I’m sorry and I really hope that didn’t sound negative, hurtful or anything else....

On 10/17/2019 at 10:35, Everythinganna said:

I’m just going to speak for myself on this and I hope it does not offend anyone - in particular Emz. I feel like everything I post on here is something I expect the entire world to see and read. I also know there are other people that have been on our February forum that were not February surgery buddies. Frustur8 Has been a regular with us and she had surgery prior to February. I don’t think November was implying anyone had more rank, what she was saying related back to a previous post a few weeks ago. Sheri has a big presence on here because she is one of our regular posters. That’s just my personal opinion. I personally invite anybody on here At any stage in their journey. But again that’s just my opinion. I think we all talk directly to one another openly. I know I often complement and comment on people‘s posts directly to them as do they to me. I guess I just don’t understand quite where this is coming from. I’m sure November did not mean to offend or upset anyone! I kind of think it is sweet she referred to Sheri as the queen! That doesn’t mean any of us are not important. Hope that doesn’t bother you or anyone else. I just want everyone to feel welcome and embraced here! Please don’t be upset with me for sharing my thoughts. I just kind of felt like we were pushing November out with this comment and I don’t want anyone to feel that way...

You’re awesome Anna!

And yes, I post a lot.
Mostly I post here because this is a big part of my support system.
If I log in daily then I’m thinking about my program daily and I’m holding myself accountable.

I’ve always been quite verbose and WLS and healthy lifestyle are topics near and dear to me.

I realize that putting myself on a site like this or on any kind of internet site gives away some privacy, but I’m okay with that as well.

If anything I’ve gone through helps anybody, I’m totally fine in sharing.
IMO, this is all give and take and you guys all have helped me more than you can know and if I’ve been able to contribute to anybody else’s mental health half as much as you’ve helped me then I’m happy.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:05 PM, EmzBee said:

Hey@november11, wow! You're surgery date is going to come up so quick! All the best!

If you have a question for Sheri directly, I'd suggest you reach out to her via direct message.

I'm really proud of the community us February peeps created here together and it's important that it remains a community (rather than a hierarchy) so everyone continues to feel that their personal journeys are valued and important. We all have setbacks and we all have successes -- no one journey is more valuable than support and friendship we've built together over many, many months of sharing our journeys, and I'd hate to see any one of our February members start to feel excluded.

Obviously we all know this is a public forum, but we do put some fairly sensitive information (and pictures!) out there for all to see. It can be confronting when someone else comes in and we realize those intimacies we've shared have traveled further than we expected.

Perhaps there is a Novemeber group you could join, or better yet, start one! With your enthusiasm I'm sure you'll develop a thriving November community!

Sent from my CPH1719 using BariatricPal mobile app

I am in a November group .What you said to me was surprising and uncalled for .Sorry if I offended /left out anyone .You ALL are doing great .Wont post here anymore.Sorry...

I’m sorry and I really hope that didn’t sound negative, hurtful or anything else....
You didn't! Quite the opposite! I was also very taken aback by the comment! This is indeed a public forum and anyone can inspire and motivate us for whatever reason and does not diminish someone else's journey!
November11 please comment on whatever you like!! Public forum and free speech as long as it's not obviously offensive or mean spirited!!🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am in a November group .What you said to me was surprising and uncalled for .Sorry if I offended /left out anyone .You ALL are doing great .Wont post here anymore.Sorry...
Please comment! I'm not a February sibling but I've found every group helpful and beneficial. I also find Sherbear68 and a host of others very empowering and we can say whatever we want on any forum! Please don't be dissuaded by anyone.
Reading your journey and I know you will be queen yourself!! Go on with your foine self 🧡🧡🧡

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

👀

On a side note, I went to see a plastic surgeon about getting my upper eyelids done. I have a strong familial trait for saggy lids, but especially after WLS, now they are interfering with peripheral vision. My insurance may or may not cover, and won't do pre auths any more for this surgery. BUT...... my doc said he can do it in his office under local anesthesia for $2000, which would be my max cost, even if insurance doesn't cover. I think that's pretty good. If I had it done in the hospital it would probably cost a whole lot more and I'd probably still end up with close to $2000 out of pocket. So I have it scheduled for December.

On 10/19/2019 at 00:17, AZhiker said:

On a side note, I went to see a plastic surgeon about getting my upper eyelids done. I have a strong familial trait for saggy lids, but especially after WLS, now they are interfering with peripheral vision. My insurance may or may not cover, and won't do pre auths any more for this surgery. BUT...... my doc said he can do it in his office under local anesthesia for $2000, which would be my max cost, even if insurance doesn't cover. I think that's pretty good. If I had it done in the hospital it would probably cost a whole lot more and I'd probably still end up with close to $2000 out of pocket. So I have it scheduled for December.

That’s fantastic!
Can’t wait to hear how it goes and congrats on being able to get that done!

20 hours ago, AZhiker said:

I sure hope insurance will cover it! I'm tentatively scheduled for my breast reduction and panniculectomy (apron skin removal) on February 26 of next year. The panniculectomy can't be done until one year after my gastric bypass. I'm pretty scared out of my wits and do not look forward to more surgery, but I know if I don't schedule it I will chicken out. My consultation was for the breast reduction only and here I am pretty sure I'm going to have it all done at once based on the surgeon asking me if I wanted to consider the panniculectomy. I have to do more research. I think my insurance will cover both surgeries, but the surgeon's nurse is going to verify with an insurance rep (she said her research online seems to imply it will be covered). The panniculectomy is not a Tummy Tuck (a tummy tuck involves tightening the muscles). I think I can pay extra for this as it would include a "contouring," but I never plan to wear a bikini and it sounds even more painful than the panniculectomy. Anyone else going to do a panniculectomy or have spoken to a surgeon about it yet?