Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

22 hours ago, Recidivist said:

No regrets here either--and was having some major buyer's remorse in the first month, as you may remember. I'm starting to feel quite comfortable with what I can eat, and I'm branching out a bit so it doesn't seem so boring. I've recently added fruit--mostly berries--which has helped a lot!

We moved out of our house a week ago in preparation for our move to Australia, which means I haven't weighed myself in a week--and that might be a good thing. I could of course find a scale somewhere, but it would likely not be calibrated the same as the scale at home and might not give an accurate result. So I'll wait!

And nobody has told us yet what an NSV is!

Hi! NSV= Non scale victory!

8 hours ago, Everythinganna said:

I rarely even order anymore. In fact I don’t go out to eat very often either. It took my husband a few months of going through the same exercise to realize this. I asked him to just let me split a plate with him he never wanted to. I think after seeing me waste meal after meal he’s finally coming around. I think we’re going to try to go out to eat this week and I will see if I have any success talking him into sharing with me!

10 hours ago, froufrou said:

I've been denied twice when I asked for something off of the children's menu, even with the explanation. If that's the case, I tell them I'm not eating and just let my husband eat. Crazy that some restaurants would rather go without any money than get some for a smaller portion.

Maybe next time just assertively order the item off the children's menu rather than asking if you can. I did that at Chilis (got the kids' quesadilla). I got an odd look, but I don't think the waiter wanted to say no, you can't do that. I am guessing it's more of the waiter's decision than the restaurant's policy most of the time...of course I've only done it once so I'll have to try it more often to see if what I'm guessing is true. And, of course, if you are doing takeout, they won't ask if you are 12 or under. 🙂

Gorgeous Anna!

Okay so I’m posting a NSV.

Since June 21, I’ve only lost 3.2 pounds, but I’ve lost over 7 inches from various parts on my body, with 1 of those inches leaving my lower abs and 3/4 leaving both my waist and hips.

Seriously I’m not sure how it’s even possible to lose that small amount of weight and lose so many inches that I measured twice.

Then I realized that I’m fully 10 pounds heavier at my current clothing size than I’ve ever been before.
It’s like my body weighs more, but is smaller than it’s been for that weight and I’m thinking it’s all purely body composition.

How is everyone doing with raw veggies? I just can't handle them yet and it is so disappointing, as I loved them before surgery. I have a big organic garden and it just kills me to not be able to "pick and eat." I am OK with mushy cooked veggies, but it seems like I've almost lost my taste for them now. I also have completely lost my taste for my home grown eggs which is also sad. Raw salads, cabbage, green Beans, peas, carrots, broccoli, and such just still seem so course - I guess the texture is still too rough. Anyone with the same?

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 7:21 AM, Everythinganna said:

I bought some root boost and I normally never use product on my hair. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I’ll read the Hair loss forums too...

Well, I got a short, cute summer cut about a month ago. Then the Hair loss started! Oh boy. I have very thick hair and now I have very thin hair! But I am trying to reframe this into a positive. First of all, the beautician often thinned my hair to take the heaviness out, and now that has already taken care of itself, and to be honest, it feels cooler and lighter, for sure. Second, as the short hair falls out, I am trusting that new hair is growing in, so this short cute cut may last a long time! When I finally do go in for a haircut, my beautician is going to wonder where I went inbetween. Ha! So maybe this is saving me some bucks, as well. The haircut that lasted 4 months!

1 minute ago, AZhiker said:

Well, I got a short, cute summer cut about a month ago. Then the Hair loss started! Oh boy. I have very thick hair and now I have very thin hair! But I am trying to reframe this into a positive. First of all, the beautician often thinned my hair to take the heaviness out, and now that has already taken care of itself, and to be honest, it feels cooler and lighter, for sure. Second, as the short hair falls out, I am trusting that new hair is growing in, so this short cute cut may last a long time! When I finally do go in for a haircut, my beautician is going to wonder where I went inbetween. Ha! So maybe this is saving me some bucks, as well. The haircut that lasted 4 months!

I love the positive attitude! And I know how hot it is in Arizona! I moved Florida in 2018. But it feels good to have some of that weight of your hair off!

10 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Gorgeous Anna!

Okay so I’m posting a NSV.

Since June 21, I’ve only lost 3.2 pounds, but I’ve lost over 7 inches from various parts on my body, with 1 of those inches leaving my lower abs and 3/4 leaving both my waist and hips.

Seriously I’m not sure how it’s even possible to lose that small amount of weight and lose so many inches that I measured twice.

Then I realized that I’m fully 10 pounds heavier at my current clothing size than I’ve ever been before.
It’s like my body weighs more, but is smaller than it’s been for that weight and I’m thinking it’s all purely body composition.

Hey the math is neither here nor there, if you look good and feel good that’s what it’s all about! Congrats!

8 minutes ago, AZhiker said:

How is everyone doing with raw veggies? I just can't handle them yet and it is so disappointing, as I loved them before surgery. I have a big organic garden and it just kills me to not be able to "pick and eat." I am OK with mushy cooked veggies, but it seems like I've almost lost my taste for them now. I also have completely lost my taste for my home grown eggs which is also sad. Raw salads, cabbage, green Beans, peas, carrots, broccoli, and such just still seem so course - I guess the texture is still too rough. Anyone with the same?

They only thing I’m totally prepared Ponte is Protein Shakes and drinks. And I have been all over the map with my diet. I have not had any problem with vegetables in any form cooked or raw. I would kill for a garden tomatoThey only thing I’m totally prepared Ponte is Protein shakes and drinks. And I have been all over the map with my diet. I have not had any problem with vegetables in any form cooked or raw. I would kill for a garden Tomato

Just now, Everythinganna said:

They only thing I’m totally prepared Ponte is Protein Shakes and drinks. And I have been all over the map with my diet. I have not had any problem with vegetables in any form cooked or raw. I would kill for a garden tomatoThey only thing I’m totally prepared Ponte is Protein shakes and drinks. And I have been all over the map with my diet. I have not had any problem with vegetables in any form cooked or raw. I would kill for a garden Tomato

What the heck!? This is not what I typed and certainly didn’t repeat myself. Does anyone else have this issue with this website?

5 minutes ago, Everythinganna said:

What the heck!? This is not what I typed and certainly didn’t repeat myself. Does anyone else have this issue with this website?

Funny. I would send you a garden Tomato if it weren't all the way across the country and probably in violation of state ag laws! I just keep on canning, freezing and dehydrating, figuring that one of these days I will be able to eat more of the garden stuff. The raw veggies were always my go-to for impulsive snacking - celery sticks, carrot slices, broccoli, raw cabbage. I can't do that anymore - it's like eating rocks. I need to totally rethink the whole snacking thing because even with healthy nibbles, it is still snacking.

3 minutes ago, AZhiker said:

Funny. I would send you a garden Tomato if it weren't all the way across the country and probably in violation of state ag laws! I just keep on canning, freezing and dehydrating, figuring that one of these days I will be able to eat more of the garden stuff. The raw veggies were always my go-to for impulsive snacking - celery sticks, carrot slices, broccoli, raw cabbage. I can't do that anymore - it's like eating rocks. I need to totally rethink the whole snacking thing because even with healthy nibbles, it is still snacking.

Snacking is the only thing keeping me alive!! I feel dehydrated and malnourished lately. I’ve been working hard today to get Vitamins, Protein and Water. I dry heaved like mad after the vitamins, but I kept them down. I can barely eat most days, Then, randomly, I will eat like eight chicken nuggets in a period of two hours. It is the most random unpredictable thing ever! I snack to live!!

I made a grocery store run and kind of just bought whatever looked good to me. I bought more sweets than I’ve bought in my entire life. Do you think that means anything? I have never been a sweet person. But I bought a gallon of ice cream, chocolate chip Cookies, two pies, and the ingredients to make pineapple upside down cake. I also bought a ton of fruits and vegetables and meat. Strange that I am now craving sweets. Hopefully it will pass

I won’t eat all that crap by the way. Just putting that out there. I may have a bite of this or that but that’s about it...

Are you trying to sabotage yourself Anna?

I recently noticed something. I commute to work on the Washington, DC Metro. When I was big, people generally wouldn't sit next to me unless there were not other options (kind of like being picked last in gym class). Now I'm one of the first to have someone join me. That's progress, although I always enjoyed having the seat to myself.