Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds



Recommended Posts

My Dr says it’s better to lose 3 Months out and farther versus right away . Mine fell out about 5 Months for a few Weeks . I’m now a little over a Year out hardly lose now .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NSV!!! Went to a party on Friday. I knew no one there as I am new in my neighborhood. Guy was telling me about his niece and how she is a swimmer. At one point in the story he said yeah she’s very athletic and very tiny went to a party on Friday. I knew no one there as I am new in my neighborhood. Guy was telling me about his niece and how she is a swimmer. At one point in the story he said yeah she’s very athletic and very tiny - like as small as you! Wow!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Everythinganna said:

NSV!!! Went to a party on Friday. I knew no one there as I am new in my neighborhood. Guy was telling me about his niece and how she is a swimmer. At one point in the story he said yeah she’s very athletic and very tiny went to a party on Friday. I knew no one there as I am new in my neighborhood. Guy was telling me about his niece and how she is a swimmer. At one point in the story he said yeah she’s very athletic and very tiny - like as small as you! Wow!!

So happy for you! Did you want to just jump up and down and say.”yep tiny like me, that’s right?”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a NSV to share, too [emoji4]

Hubby took the week off last week and we went to Rainbow's End (as close as you can get to a themepark here in NZ.) Last time we went would have been about 2 years ago. The rides were hard for me, I had constant anxiety about my weight and I didn't do any of the extreme ones. Back then, we decided to try the fear fall just before we went home. Yeah... I was so big I couldn't fit in the seat [emoji22] It was super-embarrassing having the ride guy trying to squish the harness down on my too-fat body.

Well this time, I not only fit, but my anxiety was under control and I managed to zoom around the park and do all the big rides with hubby... some more than once! Pic of the fear fall for reference [emoji28]

Now I just got to find the time and money for that spa day and seeing the otters! [emoji16] Hehe!IMG20190701134525.jpeg

Sent from my CPH1719 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Everythinganna said:

NSV!!! Went to a party on Friday. I knew no one there as I am new in my neighborhood. Guy was telling me about his niece and how she is a swimmer. At one point in the story he said yeah she’s very athletic and very tiny went to a party on Friday. I knew no one there as I am new in my neighborhood. Guy was telling me about his niece and how she is a swimmer. At one point in the story he said yeah she’s very athletic and very tiny - like as small as you! Wow!!

What is wrong with the crazy auto copy/delete activity? I’m using the mobile web site via safari. Anyone else having these problems? It has actually been going on a while, just never mentioned it because I always proofread my posts.... I’m embarrassed, but left it posted b/c I’m hoping someone knows how to fix!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is an NSV? It sounds good so I wish I had one. But no. I have some bad news.... We went back to my home town for the 4th and I wanted to do all my favorite things, some of which included food stops. We have a great lakeside corn dog stand and I ordered one...and ate it all. Then we went to the old ice cream stop. I was able to eat an entire chocolate kids cone. And for my son's birthday, I had steak (filet mignon) for the first time. Zero dumping. I am happy I could eat a bit of steak and actually eat a small amount of ice cream, but I am upset that I still craved the breaded corn dog and ice cream and that I actually ORDERED them. I haven't weighed myself yet (I'll do so in the morning), but I'm seriously in danger of sliding into old eating habits. At almost 5 months out, are any of feeling the food cravings come back and eating things that would have made you ill (dump) a month or two ago? I HUGELY enjoyed the cheats, but they are haunting me! Not to mention snacking on potato chips on the 13-hour drive.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/07/2019 at 21:17, Gottajustdoit said:



What is an NSV? It sounds good so I wish I had one. But no. I have some bad news.... We went back to my home town for the 4th and I wanted to do all my favorite things, some of which included food stops. We have a great lakeside corn dog stand and I ordered one...and ate it all. Then we went to the old ice cream stop. I was able to eat an entire chocolate kids cone. And for my son's birthday, I had steak (filet mignon) for the first time. Zero dumping. I am happy I could eat a bit of steak and actually eat a small amount of ice cream, but I am upset that I still craved the breaded corn dog and ice cream and that I actually ORDERED them. I haven't weighed myself yet (I'll do so in the morning), but I'm seriously in danger of sliding into old eating habits. At almost 5 months out, are any of feeling the food cravings come back and eating things that would have made you ill (dump) a month or two ago? I HUGELY enjoyed the cheats, but they are haunting me! Not to mention snacking on potato chips on the 13-hour drive.....


This surgery is more about relearning how to eat, learning what full feels like, and fixing our emotional issues as opposed to never being allowed to eat these 5000 foods ever again because you had fat surgery. You had a couple things over a special weekend. As long as you don’t eat them often then it’s fine. I see nothing wrong with a 90/10 approach. Eating healthy 90% of the time w 10% of indulgences. No cheat days just a cheat snack or cheat entree or cheat side dish once or twice a week max.

If you find a food that triggers massive cravings I would avoid that, but don’t beat yourself up over this.

I find myself craving crunchy thing now. My dietician thinks it’s related to the long stretch of just liquid and soft foods. She recommended skinny pop popcorn instead of chips. Not as crunchy as I want but it satisfies the craving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ldawn said:

This surgery is more about relearning how to eat, learning what full feels like, and fixing our emotional issues as opposed to never being allowed to eat these 5000 foods ever again because you had fat surgery. You had a couple things over a special weekend. As long as you don’t eat them often then it’s fine. I see nothing wrong with a 90/10 approach. Eating healthy 90% of the time w 10% of indulgences. No cheat days just a cheat snack or cheat entree or cheat side dish once or twice a week max.

If you find a food that triggers massive cravings I would avoid that, but don’t beat yourself up over this.

I find myself craving crunchy thing now. My dietician thinks it’s related to the long stretch of just liquid and soft foods. She recommended skinny pop popcorn instead of chips. Not as crunchy as I want but it satisfies the craving.

Thanks for putting things into perspective, idawn! Now that I'm back home I'm sure I'll get back on track. I was just surprised at how much I am actually able to eat now as well as the kinds of food I can tolerate. My gastric bypass pouch has actually finally healed I suppose. Thank goodness for that. I loved the 3oz of steak. Up until this past week, it's only been chicken, fish, and hamburger (and a bit of pork chop). I'm also able to tolerate iceburg lettuce--at last!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/07/2019 at 22:53, Gottajustdoit said:





Thanks for putting things into perspective, idawn! Now that I'm back home I'm sure I'll get back on track. I was just surprised at how much I am actually able to eat now as well as the kinds of food I can tolerate. My gastric bypass pouch has actually finally healed I suppose. Thank goodness for that. I loved the 3oz of steak. Up until this past week, it's only been chicken, fish, and hamburger (and a bit of pork chop). I'm also able to tolerate iceburg lettuce--at last!


I love it when I eat steak! About once a month I go to Texas Roadhouse w my mom. I get a 6 oz sirloin and it is 2 full meals for me. I tend to eat a lot of chicken so the steak is such a pleasant change. The grocery store had a sale on pork chops this week. They are the really thin, boneless minute chops. It was like $1.90 for a package w 6 chops. They are so thin and small I will likely be able to eat a whole one. I haven’t tried pork chops since surgery, hope I do ok with them.

I just went on a cruise and did really well with the food. There was 1 night where I ate 1 bite too many. I was eating too fast and didn’t realize I was full. Some old habits I have to work to keep in check, and eating fast is the hardest. I did indulge some. I ate at guy’s burgers (carnival cruise ship restaurant) and would eat half a burger sometimes removing the top bun. I had a little pizza one day. If I tried a dessert I would usually have a bite or 2 and be done (sweets don’t have a hold on me anymore). I even had a soda (I let it sit for a while to get rid of some bubbles). I came home and had lost 5 pounds.

I know sometimes it’s scary that our diet is advancing and we can tolerate more volume and more variety of foods, but we are all putting in the work on our issues and are learning to be aware of our bodies and what we put in them. We will all do well as long as we trust the process and embrace our new habits. I’m a slower loser. Could very well be my PCOS that is fighting me on weight loss but I’m going to keep going and will get there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/07/2019 at 21:17, Gottajustdoit said:



What is an NSV? It sounds good so I wish I had one. But no. I have some bad news.... We went back to my home town for the 4th and I wanted to do all my favorite things, some of which included food stops. We have a great lakeside corn dog stand and I ordered one...and ate it all. Then we went to the old ice cream stop. I was able to eat an entire chocolate kids cone. And for my son's birthday, I had steak (filet mignon) for the first time. Zero dumping. I am happy I could eat a bit of steak and actually eat a small amount of ice cream, but I am upset that I still craved the breaded corn dog and ice cream and that I actually ORDERED them. I haven't weighed myself yet (I'll do so in the morning), but I'm seriously in danger of sliding into old eating habits. At almost 5 months out, are any of feeling the food cravings come back and eating things that would have made you ill (dump) a month or two ago? I HUGELY enjoyed the cheats, but they are haunting me! Not to mention snacking on potato chips on the 13-hour drive.....


Yeah trigger foods are interesting. I’ve decided that I will just flat not ever try bread or Pasta because I’m not sure how I’ll ever be able to handle them.

Well if you gain weight you can sit in the corner with me.
After a nice week last week, I’m up 1.6 pounds since Wednesday., which means I’m down 0.8 pounds over 2 weeks.
You’d think by now I wouldn’t let that mess with my emotions, but I’m completely wrecked by it.
I had a GREAT weekend as far as avoiding bad foods or triggers and I don’t have cycles anymore so it’s not even like I can blame “that time of the month”

So I’ll maybe measure tomorrow and see if there’s any positive to be had, but today I’m going yo struggle because with this broken toe I can’t even do something good like go for a walk because walking pretty much hurts like hell right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/06/2019 at 08:19, Darci kendall said:



My Dr says it’s better to lose 3 Months out and farther versus right away . Mine fell out about 5 Months for a few Weeks . I’m now a little over a Year out hardly lose now .


I’m Really struggling right now with the urge to call my hairstylist and cut it short.
The problem is that every time in my life—no matter what my size— I’ve ALWAYS regretted cutting my hair shorter than shoulder length.

Sigh...... this thinning out needs to slow down before I make a decision I’ll regret for the next few months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

I’m Really struggling right now with the urge to call my hairstylist and cut it short.
The problem is that every time in my life—no matter what my size— I’ve ALWAYS regretted cutting my hair shorter than shoulder length.

Sigh...... this thinning out needs to slow down before I make a decision I’ll regret for the next few months

It should. Hang in there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say how happy I am to be able to fit into 'normal' sizes in some shops now. I feel more like myself and I am wearing dresses for the first time in years! I have NO regrets with this surgery. Despite all of the issues, I am very happy with the continuing results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Yeah trigger foods are interesting. I’ve decided that I will just flat not ever try bread or Pasta because I’m not sure how I’ll ever be able to handle them.

Well if you gain weight you can sit in the corner with me.
After a nice week last week, I’m up 1.6 pounds since Wednesday., which means I’m down 0.8 pounds over 2 weeks.
You’d think by now I wouldn’t let that mess with my emotions, but I’m completely wrecked by it.
I had a GREAT weekend as far as avoiding bad foods or triggers and I don’t have cycles anymore so it’s not even like I can blame “that time of the month”

So I’ll maybe measure tomorrow and see if there’s any positive to be had, but today I’m going yo struggle because with this broken toe I can’t even do something good like go for a walk because walking pretty much hurts like hell right now.

I can imagine how much that toe hurts. I've done that. You have to hobble everywhere. Amazingly, despite the ice cream and corn dog, I did not gain any weight! In fact, for some reason the scale has not gone up once since the surgery. I have been on the slow and steady side of weight loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, froufrou said:

I have to say how happy I am to be able to fit into 'normal' sizes in some shops now. I feel more like myself and I am wearing dresses for the first time in years! I have NO regrets with this surgery. Despite all of the issues, I am very happy with the continuing results.

I have to say I have not regrets either at this stage. I now get the question: How much more do you want to lose? I'm at 170. I'd be happy to get to my goal weight of 140. I usually just say 25 to 30 more pounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×