Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

On 01/24/2020 at 18:31, 2Bsmaller18 said:

I could have written this except I am at 1600-1800 calories and basically maintaining between 125 and 127 for 3-4 months now. Someone at work said the word skinny describing me to someone else and I thought that was nuts. For the BD I have googled famous people to see compare their weight and height to me. If I am close to their size/height I am so surprised that they look thin but I don't think of myself as comparable.

The only way I am getting in that many calories with a restriction is to add not so great high calorie food. I purposely eat a lot of nuts, nut butters, but also have a Cereal bars or some crackers every day since they add Fiber and I can get them in easily. I have a piece of dark chocolate everyday too. Not the best habits. I often don't even crave the chocolate I just think well, its easy calories to slide in with some antioxidants and Calcium. I am a little worried that it could be a slippery slope but I am not eating bread and cakes.

This is so interesting.
I thought i was in maintenance at 148-152, then suddenly dropped 10 more pounds and dropping about 1-1.5 pounds/week again.
Surely this will stop within a few weeks, but the daily calorie struggle is real.

As far as googling celebs, I recently found myself checking out that one picture of Jennifer Anniston and noticing that my body is probably smaller than hers (albeit surely with much more sags and wrinkles)
This reality completely blew me away and I’m still trying to digest the fact that I’m wearing a size 6 now.
Even a couple of weeks ago I called myself a 6/8, but even my newer size 8’s (the ones that ran small for 8) are getting baggier.
Just for kicks, I tried on some size 4 Ann Taylor pants (bc that brand runs a bit large) and they fit like a glove.
Didn’t buy them (because I never pay retail) but it was weird to see my bod fit in size 4 anything.

Hey everyone! I haven’t posted in a little while. So my surgaversary is feb 5. I consider my starting weight to be my weight the day I started the 2 week pre op diet. I have been a slow loser from the beginning and it was emotionally very hard to see the people on here losing 10-15 pounds a month when I was barely losing 6 pounds most months. I think I only had 2 or 3 months where I lost 10 + pounds. This is why they say don’t compare yourself to others. The mental toll can be quite high. I had to extend my goal twice because I did t make it. So my starting weight was 268 and dammit today I hit 168!!!!!!! I’m 5’3” so I would like to lose 25-30 more pounds. I now only weigh myself once a week sometimes every other week. I still take measurements at least once a month (was every other week until November when I was able to let my mental issues with weight loss go). I have lost 16 inches off my natural waist, 6” off my thigh, 4” off my bicep, 2” off my calf, and 2” off my neck. I don’t have measurement of my chest because I always measured before I got dressed and ‘the girls’ weren’t where they were supposed to be located for measuring. But I have gone from a 44DD bra with an extender to a 40DD. But actually I’m between a D and a DD at the moment which is very frustrating.

I have never felt a lot of restriction. Always thought I could eat more than I should be able to. That makes me watch my food a lot. There are days where I eat more than I should but I’m aware of it and adjust the rest of my day accordingly. Calorie counts on menus is the best thing for me. It definitely pushes me to healthier options. When I eat out I always get 2-3 meals out of it. I’m cooking more than I used to and bringing my lunch to work. Sodas no longer have a hold on me. I do occasionally have one but it’s one of those 8oz cans every 2-3 weeks.

I find myself looking at clothes often now. I have a cruise in June and have been picking up a few things here and there off clearance racks. I’ve been buying a size 10 for the cruise which technically fits now, but will look better by then. I signed up for StitchFix. Thought it would be fun to let someone send me clothes and it may open my eyes to new styles.

My hair is still growing back. I lost about a third of my hair. It’s now about 3 1/2 inches long so it doesn’t stand straight up anymore.

I have never gotten back to normal bowel movements. Anyone else have this issue? Almost diarrhea since surgery. No urgency or anything like that just not normal.

Everyone on here looks amazing! I’m so proud of all of us. And to November11 girl you are killing it! You look great.

DrSchaffner take measurements!!! And the pre op diet is really hard the first couple of days but then you realize you can totally do it. Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.

On 01/25/2020 at 09:57, ldawn said:

Hey everyone! I haven’t posted in a little while. So my surgaversary is feb 5. I consider my starting weight to be my weight the day I started the 2 week pre op diet. I have been a slow loser from the beginning and it was emotionally very hard to see the people on here losing 10-15 pounds a month when I was barely losing 6 pounds most months. I think I only had 2 or 3 months where I lost 10 + pounds. This is why they say don’t compare yourself to others. The mental toll can be quite high. I had to extend my goal twice because I did t make it. So my starting weight was 268 and dammit today I hit 168!!!!!!! I’m 5’3” so I would like to lose 25-30 more pounds. I now only weigh myself once a week sometimes every other week. I still take measurements at least once a month (was every other week until November when I was able to let my mental issues with weight loss go). I have lost 16 inches off my natural waist, 6” off my thigh, 4” off my bicep, 2” off my calf, and 2” off my neck. I don’t have measurement of my chest because I always measured before I got dressed and ‘the girls’ weren’t where they were supposed to be located for measuring. But I have gone from a 44DD bra with an extender to a 40DD. But actually I’m between a D and a DD at the moment which is very frustrating.

I have never felt a lot of restriction. Always thought I could eat more than I should be able to. That makes me watch my food a lot. There are days where I eat more than I should but I’m aware of it and adjust the rest of my day accordingly. Calorie counts on menus is the best thing for me. It definitely pushes me to healthier options. When I eat out I always get 2-3 meals out of it. I’m cooking more than I used to and bringing my lunch to work. Sodas no longer have a hold on me. I do occasionally have one but it’s one of those 8oz cans every 2-3 weeks.

I find myself looking at clothes often now. I have a cruise in June and have been picking up a few things here and there off clearance racks. I’ve been buying a size 10 for the cruise which technically fits now, but will look better by then. I signed up for StitchFix. Thought it would be fun to let someone send me clothes and it may open my eyes to new styles.

My hair is still growing back. I lost about a third of my hair. It’s now about 3 1/2 inches long so it doesn’t stand straight up anymore.

I have never gotten back to normal bowel movements. Anyone else have this issue? Almost diarrhea since surgery. No urgency or anything like that just not normal.

Everyone on here looks amazing! I’m so proud of all of us. And to November11 girl you are killing it! You look great.

DrSchaffner take measurements!!! And the pre op diet is really hard the first couple of days but then you realize you can totally do it. Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.

Sooooo good to hear from you!

CONGRATS on losing 100 pounds!!!

Omg, that’s such a HUGE milestone, and I’m happy to see you happy with it.
Lol, I’d be careful about picking out too much in the way of clothing right now, because you’re gonna be shocked at how much difference the “last” 20-25 pounds will make in your bod.

For example, here is my bod (5’7”, 51yo) at a weight of 163, vs 138, which is exactly 25 pounds.

The difference is I was a tight size 10 at 163 in September and comfortable fit size 6 at 138.
In fact, some of my size 6s are somewhat loose.

I feel like a look great and healthy at both weights, but I still have that dress from this fall and it hangs off of me and I can’t wear it now.
Finally gave it to my daughter who is a size 12 and she wears it.

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

On 01/25/2020 at 10:32, Sheribear68 said:

Sooooo good to hear from you!

CONGRATS on losing 100 pounds!!!

Omg, that’s such a HUGE milestone, and I’m happy to see you happy with it.

Lol, I’d be careful about picking out too much in the way of clothing right now, because you’re gonna be shocked at how much difference the “last” 20-25 pounds will make in your bod.

For example, here is my bod (5’7”, 51yo) at a weight of 163, vs 138, which is exactly 25 pounds.

The difference is I was a tight size 10 at 163 in September and comfortable fit size 6 at 138.

In fact, some of my size 6s are somewhat loose.

I feel like a look great and healthy at both weights, but I still have that dress from this fall and it hangs off of me and I can’t wear it now.

Finally gave it to my daughter who is a size 12 and she wears it.

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

You make an excellent point. So far what I have bought is tops and dresses that I can wear when it gets a little warmer (I’m in Houston so warmer isn’t far away). If they are too big for the cruise then I have gift cards saved up that people gave me as gifts for when I need smaller sizes.

Okay guys, hubs and I have decided we are GOING TO THE BEACH this June.

Can’t wait to start shopping outfits

Just wanted to share a photo taken hours ago from the giant ferris wheel in Melbourne, Australia (where we are spending the weekend at the Australian Open). Not a great photo, but it shows where I am physically.

Jan. 27.jpg

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 10:05 AM, Sheribear68 said:

Omg!!!!
You my friend look simply transformed.
Your before shot shows how beautiful you already were, but you’re positively glowing with happiness now.
Congrats on all of the hard work so far and I can’t wait to follow your continued success

You already know how great I feel to hear this from you ….Thank you …..Q---n LOL

On 1/24/2020 at 8:41 AM, november11 said:

HI GUYS let me give you some visuals of my progress so far. I have been lurking on your page since you were 5 months out and I was 4 months pre...well im almost 10 weeks out . beforepic.thumb.JPG.84c4ff3138d8b6af44af361ba249d317.JPG banquet2.jpg.1ad9d67a7c1746046efdfc9999900ff6.jpg

Wow!!!!!!! You look great! That’s quick progress too! Way to go.

On 1/27/2020 at 1:23 AM, Recidivist said:

Just wanted to share a photo taken hours ago from the giant ferris wheel in Melbourne, Australia (where we are spending the weekend at the Australian Open). Not a great photo, but it shows where I am physically.

Jan. 27.jpg

You look amazing!

Well I’m still losing weight. I weighed 97.6 pounds today. I guess I’ll just blow away in the wind eventually.

My doctor gave me a new medication that I started about three weeks ago called amitriptyline. I hear it’s an old-school anti depressant med that’s been around forever. I was prescribed this for sleep. For the last two years I have really struggled to stay asleep all night. I usually wake up around 2 AM in really bad pain and take a muscle relaxer. It’s an awful cycle to be in. This medication has allowed me to sleep all night. And wake up feeling much more comfortable and have less pain through the day. I also seem to be able to eat better although I am technically still losing weight according to my scale this morning. Some people have reported that it causes weight gain but for me that’s kind of a good thing. I am noticing that I’m eating larger portions now. And I just seem to be more hungry overall. So I’m expecting a turn around soon. I am OK at 97 pounds but I do NOT want to lose anymore weight.

When I went to pick up the amitriptyline from the drugstore there was a lady picking up her medications and I overheard her say “is this the phentermine?”. I wanted to grab her and say no! Don’t do it! I took phentermine off and on for 20 years. I Personally think it damaged my metabolism although I may just be making that up.

Oh guess what! I got invited to New York fashion week! I am going to this really cool show that’s being held at JFK airport on the runway. It’s a week from tomorrow. I haven’t bought a plane ticket or a dress or anything but I’m really going to try to make it. I’ll share some pictures if I end up going!

Thanks everybody for sharing your updates. Can’t believe we are Days away from our surgaversary month! Wow!

11 hours ago, Everythinganna said:

Oh guess what! I got invited to New York fashion week! I am going to this really cool show that’s being held at JFK airport on the runway. It’s a week from tomorrow. I haven’t bought a plane ticket or a dress or anything but I’m really going to try to make it. I’ll share some pictures if I end up going!

Now that's exciting! And how wonderful that you will be able to buy a knockout dress to show off your new bod. We will of course expect photos from the event!

Holy moly guys!

This day last year (Super Bowl Sunday) was my first day of all liquid diet

I can remember being cranky and feeling sorry for myself bc here I was on the biggest food event of the year without being able to eat anything!

This year, the food isn’t nearly as important to me. We’re not going to any parties, and I’ve got my usual food planned for the day.

What a journey this past year has been.

4 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Holy moly guys!

This day last year (Super Bowl Sunday) was my first day of all liquid diet

I can remember being cranky and feeling sorry for myself bc here I was on the biggest food event of the year without being able to eat anything!

This year, the food isn’t nearly as important to me. We’re not going to any parties, and I’ve got my usual food planned for the day.

What a journey this past year has been.

It is crazy how far we have all come! So proud of us. I was so nervous and hopeful this time last year. Almost at goal #1 . We ROCK

On 1/24/2020 at 8:41 AM, november11 said:

HI GUYS let me give you some visuals of my progress so far. I have been lurking on your page since you were 5 months out and I was 4 months pre...well im almost 10 weeks out . beforepic.thumb.JPG.84c4ff3138d8b6af44af361ba249d317.JPG banquet2.jpg.1ad9d67a7c1746046efdfc9999900ff6.jpg

You look great! Congrats.

This probably falls into the TMI category, but what the heck. I had my first "never trust a fart" incident today while walking home from work. There was nothing I could do but soldier on and deal with the situation when I got home. I'd heard of this phenomenon and didn't really know how it could happen--until it did.

On another topic, I know that we are all coming up on our one-year anniversaries. It would be really nice if everyone could check in on their anniversary dates and let us know how they are doing, perhaps with a recent photo. Just a thought! I'm the last of the February group (because my surgery was actually on March 2), but I promise to do so when my date comes!