Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

9 minutes ago, Gottajustdoit said:

gabybab--so sorry to hear about the Endoscopy. Please keep us posted on the followup. I hope you will not need a revision, although if you do the procedure should be minimal, right? Or would it be similar to enduring the whole process over again? That would be awful. I feel you about the lines on the face....no one tells you that you will age substantially. I see it in my hands, my forehead, my mouth and especially my neck. Thank goodness turtleneck season is arriving in the Midatlantic!

I will definitely post in here after my endoscopy. I'm hoping for the best, but not sure I could continue to tolerate the upset stomach. It's not burning in my throat, but in my new banana shaped stomach, so a little lower than I had before surgery.

I'm 54 and definitely am seeing the jowl lines more predominate and lines in general more. I do have money that I can use for plastics. I would prefer to not spend more than 10k. I for sure need my eyes, lower and upper lids, done and probably tighten my face lol

Or maybe I will change my mind and use it for travel and just say ftw!

Interesting about the light stool. I wasn't sure what was causing mine, as it is often light gray, like chalk-colored sometime. I read about the bile being insufficient, but not the fats being related to it. I will now keep track, as it does seem when I eat lot of cheese and yes, ice cream, I have these pale-colored stools. Has anyone asked their dietician or doctor is this is OK?

Congrats! You look awesome!
I, too, worry about sagging skin. I went from I want my breasts and arms done to oh hell no I need my face done. I can tuck the other spots up. My face is showing lines I never had. I have a long way to go (68 pounds) and I'm afraid I will look scary. I'm having a terrible stomach problem and have an endoscopy on the 5th of November. I'm worried I will need a revision. My stomach burns down lower in my stomach and makes me feel nauseated. I had gerd before surgery, so I'm really scared about this.
Bonus, I too feel so much better about myself. I just broke the threshold to just obese. lol
But having had had a bmi of 54 I will take it.
Way to go February friends!
Sorry to hear about the stomach problems Gaby! That sounds nasty

When I went in to hosp. for my tummy issues I was in a room with a lady who had some ulceration around her lower join. She was about 5yrs or so post op, I think. Hopefully your tummy issues are something they can solve quickly and easily

Anyone else fairly dependent on laxitives to keep things moving? I'm taking a laxitive sugar Syrup most days now. I was having some... issues. Like, everything was 'saving up' and when I did go I'd get such intense stomach cramping I had to have a bucket by the loo to dry retch into and it'd take me several hours to feel okay again. Can't believe I put up with that cycle for as long as I did... urgh.

Anyway! I made it to the 160s, woo! I think I need to up my Protein. Stuck to shakes for a couple days and the weight fell off me... likely I'm just not getting enough protein in from food alone.

Sent from my CPH1719 using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, Gottajustdoit said:

I can relate so well to all those things, especially the chin. I'm 53 and I think the advice I would give to those over 50 who are contemplating the surgery is to expect to look older. As those chubby cheeks lost weight, the skin starts to sag on the face too--at least for me. I definitely don't regret the surgery, but now when I see photos of myself I think "WOW! I look so....old!" The lines in my forehead have increased, as have the lines around my mouth. I guess I should have enjoyed that baby face when I had it!

Another interesting thing is that I am noticing overweight people so much more now--not in a judgmental way, but more in a "I'm so glad I am not dealing with all that excessive weight, feeling overheated and sweaty all the time" way. Last night I was on an airplane and it felt so good not to have to expand the seat belt from the person who was last sitting in the seat before me. It fit so naturally and you are right, my neighbors did not fret that I was going to infringe on their space or be that "fat person" next to them. It's just a wonderful feeling. So glad I went through all the tough stuff to get to this point.

I, too, think I look a lot older with the saggy facial skin, but people tell me I actually look younger. Go figure. I just try to smile a lot more, to make sure all the wrinkles look like smile lines and not old lady lines! :)

1 hour ago, Gottajustdoit said:

Interesting about the light stool. I wasn't sure what was causing mine, as it is often light gray, like chalk-colored sometime. I read about the bile being insufficient, but not the fats being related to it. I will now keep track, as it does seem when I eat lot of cheese and yes, ice cream, I have these pale-colored stools. Has anyone asked their dietician or doctor is this is OK?

I asked my doc today about it. She said that there is most likely fat malabsorption, due to the surgery, but that all my liver enzymes were fine, so not to worry. She also said that the more frequent, loose stools are probably due to the increase in carbs. The small bowel that was removed is responsible for most the digestion and the body has to relearn how to digest and absorb. She said it WILL happen, but just takes time, and not to worry. Just be sure to get my Protein and Vitamins in,.

5 hours ago, AZhiker said:

I, too, think I look a lot older with the saggy facial skin, but people tell me I actually look younger. Go figure. I just try to smile a lot more, to make sure all the wrinkles look like smile lines and not old lady lines! :)

Yep--I had forgotten to mention the turkey neck, as well as the jowls and sagging face, all of which make me look older. When I was fat, everyone thought I was 10 to 15 years younger than I am. Now, the friends who will tell me the truth say that I look my age since losing weight.

Here is one example of the saggy neck and wrinkles where I never had them before.
I’ll be honest though and say that even if I knew how much older in the face this would make me look, I’d still do it 100/100 times.
So I had to endure breast cancer and I got new boobs out of it 10 years ago.
This time I’ll endure this and get a facelift out of it.
I’ve actually started working on a budget and pricing different procedures.
I’m more than likely going towards an S-lift, but won’t know for sure until I have a consult.
Which will still be after the first of the year.
I want to make absolutely for sure that I’m well and good out of my honeymoon period and that weight loss is stopped before making any decisions. Even if I lost just another 10-15 pounds it could make a huge difference.
Besides, it will give me more time to save up.

Gaby, I’m really keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well with your endoscopy. Please keep us posted.

Emzbe, I was fine until about a month ago, and now I’m definitely needing laxative help.
Not sure why my bowels have waited til now to go into lockdown mode, but it’s a daily struggle.
I need to get more aggressive in treating it, because I’ve noticed that when things are super backed up I can barely eat more than 1/2 cup food w/o feeling ill, but then I’m hungry again 3-4 hours later and it’s frustrating bc I feel as if it’s throwing me off of my TRE regimen.

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

26 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

I’ll be honest though and say that even if I knew how much older in the face this would make me look, I’d still do it 100/100 times.

Completely agree!

I have the same issues with my neck. It's the one thing I want to fix... I don't care about my stomach or boobs, but I do care about my face. It shocks me every time I catch sight of myself. I have no idea how much having this fixed will cost!

5 hours ago, froufrou said:

I have the same issues with my neck. It's the one thing I want to fix... I don't care about my stomach or boobs, but I do care about my face. It shocks me every time I catch sight of myself. I have no idea how much having this fixed will cost!

I agree with you. I look great in clothes (not so much without them), but the neck is always visible. It really ages me.

32 minutes ago, Recidivist said:

I agree with you. I look great in clothes (not so much without them), but the neck is always visible. It really ages me.

I'm still about 80 lbs away from goal! I'm going to look 100 years old by the time I'm done!! 😂

Okay so I say we all need to find a groupon for neck plastics.

Who all is in?
🤣🤣🤣

On 10/16/2019 at 15:13, Recidivist said:

This! The main reason I’m going to save for face/neck plastics before I get others

And yeah, the ET butt I have going on right now definitely needs to be addressed, but the face is definitely more visible than my nekid butt

Just thought I’d drop this here:

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

3 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

Okay so I say we all need to find a groupon for neck plastics.

Who all is in?
🤣🤣🤣

Well, I do have to say that my original turkey neck (and arms) seems to have shrunken up somewhat over the past few months, so I'm going to give it more time. However, I am looking into having my upper eyelids done. They have always been droopy, but now it's pretty bad. I consulted with a surgeon yesterday (well reputed) and he said he could do it in the office under local anesthetic for $2000. Even if my insurance didn't pay, that is still pretty reasonable, I think,