Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

On 10/04/2019 at 19:52, Recidivist said:

Hi, all. I got access to a scale today and am now down to 138 pounds. As many of you have said, I could never have imagined being this weight six months ago. I was realistically hoping to get to between 170 to 180 and would have been happy with that result.

I'm attaching a recent photo from my trip to Stockholm. (Please note that I'm not showing off a cute outfit in this picture.) What you can't see here is the loose skin all over my body--but I certainly prefer that to weighing 100 pounds more!

After 2.jpg

Looking GREAT!

isn’t it funny? Many people seeing us for the first time would never guess that 8 months ago we were scheduled for bariatric surgery.

This morning I had an early Pilates class and it was a beginner level class bc that time slot was the only one that worked for me.
There were a couple brand new ladies in class— both of them fairly overweight— I’ve done Pilates for 7 months now and know all of the mods to make my workout tougher.
One of the newbies said something about it and yet another member said “maybe we can do those things if we can get as skinny as her”
Felt surreal to hear that

On 10/04/2019 at 22:35, sjemle said:

Thank you so much. I try not to let myself get frustrated and discouraged, but was already having a rough day when I posted. I am feeling much better since then.

Sent from my SM-N975U using BariatricPal mobile app

yeah those rough moments will happen for sure.
We will be here to help remind you of how awesome you are if you need it.

On 10/4/2019 at 8:52 PM, Recidivist said:

Hi, all. I got access to a scale today and am now down to 138 pounds. As many of you have said, I could never have imagined being this weight six months ago. I was realistically hoping to get to between 170 to 180 and would have been happy with that result.

I'm attaching a recent photo from my trip to Stockholm. (Please note that I'm not showing off a cute outfit in this picture.) What you can't see here is the loose skin all over my body--but I certainly prefer that to weighing 100 pounds more!

After 2.jpg

WOW! You currently weigh 138 pounds or you lost 138? You look fabulous.

6 hours ago, Gottajustdoit said:

WOW! You currently weigh 138 pounds or you lost 138? You look fabulous.

Thanks, Gotta! Currently weigh 138 and have lost 112 overall. This is about what I weighed in high school, which blows my mind.

Edited by Recidivist

Sorry for posting again, but I found a couple of fat pictures that I wanted to share along with my most recent photo. This was not my heaviest, but it gives you an idea of what I used to look like.

WBath.jpg

WBed.jpg

After 2.jpg

That’s some amazing changes!
You’ve done amazing

Okay guys so today is my 8 month surgiversary.

My GW is 155, and true to form (me being more of the tortoise than the hare)
I’ve fallen 1 pound SHORT of goal for this date.

Am I gonna let it stop me or discourage me?
Nope! In fact I’m doubling down this week bc my bday is in 10 days and maybe I can at least hit my goal by my secondary GW date.

Never give up!

image-0.0050067901611328125.jpg

Hi all---just wanted you all to know that I had a consultation with a surgeon on Monday to discuss a breast reduction. I'm at 160 lbs and feels as if this is my maintenance weight. Given my history of back and neck pain, and wanting to get a breast reduction years ago, I figured now was the time to start pursuing it. The surgeon told me that my insurance would cover it so I'm going to go ahead with it. During the consult, she asked me if I was thinking about getting the apron skin removed. She took some measurements and photos and will submit them to my insurance company to see if that could be covered too. I never thought insurance would cover it so I'll wait and see---if my Blue Cross Blue Shield plan will pay, then I'm going to seriously consider it. If I decide yes, then I have to decide if I want to have that done at the same time as my mammoplasty. To be honest, both surgeries sound very painful. The incisions are real cuts, not laproscopic cuts, so the recovery time will take at least 2 weeks and longer if I do the apron skin. The apron-skin removal is not the same as a tummy tuck...that would be on my dime, but could be done at the same time as my apron-skin removal. So much to consider, especially because I'm not thrilled about going into surgery again. Oh, and I'd have to wait until my one-year surgerversary for the apron-skin surgery, which is fine with me given I want to make sure all the weight I think I've lost will be lost. Just to let you know....apron-skin removal might be covered by your insurance if the skin hangs below your pubic bone (that was why she measured me and took so many photos--ugh!). Anyone else considering one or both of these surgeries?

On 10/6/2019 at 9:40 AM, Sheribear68 said:

Okay guys so today is my 8 month surgiversary.

My GW is 155, and true to form (me being more of the tortoise than the hare)
I’ve fallen 1 pound SHORT of goal for this date.

Am I gonna let it stop me or discourage me?
Nope! In fact I’m doubling down this week bc my bday is in 10 days and maybe I can at least hit my goal by my secondary GW date.

Never give up!

image-0.0050067901611328125.jpg

I am sure you will do it!congrats! 1 pound from goal is amazing

15 minutes ago, Gottajustdoit said:

Hi all---just wanted you all to know that I had a consultation with a surgeon on Monday to discuss a breast reduction. I'm at 160 lbs and feels as if this is my maintenance weight. Given my history of back and neck pain, and wanting to get a breast reduction years ago, I figured now was the time to start pursuing it. The surgeon told me that my insurance would cover it so I'm going to go ahead with it. During the consult, she asked me if I was thinking about getting the apron skin removed. She took some measurements and photos and will submit them to my insurance company to see if that could be covered too. I never thought insurance would cover it so I'll wait and see---if my Blue Cross Blue Shield plan will pay, then I'm going to seriously consider it. If I decide yes, then I have to decide if I want to have that done at the same time as my mammoplasty. To be honest, both surgeries sound very painful. The incisions are real cuts, not laproscopic cuts, so the recovery time will take at least 2 weeks and longer if I do the apron skin. The apron-skin removal is not the same as a tummy tuck...that would be on my dime, but could be done at the same time as my apron-skin removal. So much to consider, especially because I'm not thrilled about going into surgery again. Oh, and I'd have to wait until my one-year surgerversary for the apron-skin surgery, which is fine with me given I want to make sure all the weight I think I've lost will be lost. Just to let you know....apron-skin removal might be covered by your insurance if the skin hangs below your pubic bone (that was why she measured me and took so many photos--ugh!). Anyone else considering one or both of these surgeries?

I am totally considering both! I am hoping my insurance would cover the breast reduction but concerned if my breasts are no longer so big...what hides my stomach! Hence, considering both. Please keep us updated.

On 10/09/2019 at 19:56, Gottajustdoit said:

Okay so I had breast cancer 10 years ago and after all of my treatments (chemo and radiation for 11 months) I was approved for reduction surgery.
In one day I went from a G cup down to a skinny C cup and that was when I was still in the 240’s. I think they removed over 7 pounds of boobs. It was ridiculous.

Waking up from that surgery was NO JOKE.
Even though it was seriously the single most pain I’ve ever been in, it was totally worth it.
One reason why bariatric surgery didn’t concern me too much was that I’d survived one of the more painful surgeries you can have.

For the last 9 years I’ve really enjoyed my much smaller girls,but now that I’ve lost over 100 pounds, they’re all but disappearing.
Maybe I’m slightly worried that eventually I’ll have zero boobs, but I love it. I buy padded bras if an outfit needs it and that’s that.

34 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

Okay so I had breast cancer 10 years ago and after all of my treatments (chemo and radiation for 11 months) I was approved for reduction surgery.
In one day I went from a G cup down to a skinny C cup and that was when I was still in the 240’s. I think they removed over 7 pounds of boobs. It was ridiculous.

Waking up from that surgery was NO JOKE.
Even though it was seriously the single most pain I’ve ever been in, it was totally worth it.
One reason why bariatric surgery didn’t concern me too much was that I’d survived one of the more painful surgeries you can have.

For the last 9 years I’ve really enjoyed my much smaller girls,but now that I’ve lost over 100 pounds, they’re all but disappearing.
Maybe I’m slightly worried that eventually I’ll have zero boobs, but I love it. I buy padded bras if an outfit needs it and that’s that.

Interesting thoughts...! The doctor asked me what size I was hoping to be. I'm a 36J right now. I didn't want to sound greedy so I said "D?" She said I would probably end up smaller than a D and cautioned me not to be surprised because, from my perspective, I'd look out of proportion to the rest of my body (shoulders, stomach). I sort of thought they could reduce boobs down to any size, so that surprised me. She said my apron skin would be way more noticeable as well given right now my boobs sort of block the view. I hadn't really thought about feeling "too small" or how big my tummy would look without the massive boobs so there's a lot to think about. I would love to improve my hunched posture, though, and be able to buy a normal-sized bra. The bras I have now I call the "cargo hold"!

On 10/09/2019 at 22:25, Gottajustdoit said:

Interesting thoughts...! The doctor asked me what size I was hoping to be. I'm a 36J right now. I didn't want to sound greedy so I said "D?" She said I would probably end up smaller than a D and cautioned me not to be surprised because, from my perspective, I'd look out of proportion to the rest of my body (shoulders, stomach). I sort of thought they could reduce boobs down to any size, so that surprised me. She said my apron skin would be way more noticeable as well given right now my boobs sort of block the view. I hadn't really thought about feeling "too small" or how big my tummy would look without the massive boobs so there's a lot to think about. I would love to improve my hunched posture, though, and be able to buy a normal-sized bra. The bras I have now I call the "cargo hold"!

Okay so don’t let your surgeon sway you

Mine tried his best to explain that I would be shocked and disappointed if I went down as low as I did.
He was WRONG

I fought to stand my ground and go with the smaller boobs.
Yeah, it was probably slightly disproportionate,but I felt better and at the end of the day me being more comfy and feeling good about it was the most important thing.
I can remember the first time I went running after healing from the reduction.
I had on a NORMAL workout bra (used to I would have to wear two very high-impact ones at a time) and I ran for about a half mile before it hit me that I was RUNNING COMFORTABLY.
I literally stopped dead in the street, hugged my arms around myself (because I actually could) and started crying. Then I bent over to touch my toes and didn’t have boobs all in my face.
The wonder of it is still with me and now I get to experience that with other parts of my body post-WLS.

Okay so here are 3 photos of me.
First was a couple months pre-op
Second is 4 weeks post op
Last one is from last week

I don’t think my boobs look wildly disproportionate to the rest of me.
Yeah, they’re on the small side and I like that.
I’ve always wanted one of those more slim, athletic bodies than the extremely voluptuous one I was born with

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

image-0.0029802322387695312.jpg

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg