Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

16 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

I hope to be able to enter maintenance by the end of October.
I’ve got 10-15 pounds left. I’ve been “stuck” between 163-161 for the last 10 days, which is frustrating, but my body seems to do this to me about every 10 pounds so I’m used to it.

My weight loss has been pretty remarkable and has definitely exceeded my expectations when I started this journey.

I've said it before, but it's worth repeating: please don't compare yourselves to anyone else in this forum. We all started at different places and had different issues. Everyone's body is unique and will react to weight loss surgery differently. (Bear in mind that men usually lose weight more quickly.) The ultimate goal for all of us is better health, and if you are making progress toward that goal, you are succeeding.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for participating in this forum and for sharing your stories, which have been a source of information, inspiration and reassurance for me. Keep up the good work, everyone!

Bon Voyage @recidivist !

1 hour ago, froufrou said:

Bon Voyage @recidivist !

Thanks, froufrou! I'll be back once I get settled in my new place in Australia--probably a couple of weeks!

On 09/23/2019 at 14:12, Recidivist said:

Thanks, froufrou! I'll be back once I get settled in my new place in Australia--probably a couple of weeks!

Can’t wait to hear how everything is going!

Guys I’m so excited

Not at goal yet, but I FINALLY am at a “normal” BMI

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

Not At GOAL - but Maybe Soon. Frustr8's T- Shirt will say:
ALWAYS AWESOME- NEVER NORMAL- why struggle into frustration? I would not have been born if the 🌎World didn't require ME for Something!

Oh and I totally forgot in my excitement of reaching <25 on my BMI:

I’ve lost 100 pounds since I started my pre-surgery appointments last July.

Whoop!

2 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Oh and I totally forgot in my excitement of reaching <25 on my BMI:

Whoop!

Whoop whoop congrats that is amazing .

Oh and I totally forgot in my excitement of reaching

Whoop!
Congratulations@Sheribear68!!!!!!!! You must feel so proud!!![emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji123][emoji123][emoji123][emoji123][emoji123][emoji123][emoji898][emoji253]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks! It’s a milestone that I’ve had tucked away in a corner of my brain and when you carry around that hope you treat it like a priceless fragile object.
It’s so treasured and so fragile that you’re afraid to take it out of the box and handle it for fear of breaking it.

Funny.... I’ve been soooo caught up in hitting the dual magic numbers of “150’s” and <25% BMI, that I totally overlooked the fact that hitting 159 would take me to exactly 100 pounds under my HW last year that prompted me to finally schedule a bariatric consult.

Not sure if I’ve ever shared the exact story, but my low point was last year on July 4th when I realized I was 25 pounds higher than the previous year and honestly didn’t have any July 4th clothes to wear for the pool party we were throwing.
The next day I got online and decided to pull the trigger and was in-process til my surgery February 6th.

2 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

It’s a milestone that I’ve had tucked away in a corner of my brain and when you carry around that hope you treat it like a priceless fragile object.

Congratulations, Sheribear. It must feel great!

I recently posted that although I have had several dumping incidents, nothing ever came out of either end. Well, that statement is no longer true. I dumped in spectacular fashion on my flight from Zurich to Singapore, which is not the most convenient place to have it happen. Now I know what true dumping is. (Airplane food!)

My body has been pretty confused since I arrived in Australia last Wednesday. I've been a bit queasy most of the time, and I'm back to the point where no food sounds good to me and I don't feel like eating. I've also been feeling rather weak. It may just be jetlag, which is pretty severe between the U.S and Australia, so I'll give it another week or so before I start to worry.

Otherwise, LOVE being back in Australia!

On 09/28/2019 at 23:47, Recidivist said:

I recently posted that although I have had several dumping incidents, nothing ever came out of either end. Well, that statement is no longer true. I dumped in spectacular fashion on my flight from Zurich to Singapore, which is not the most convenient place to have it happen. Now I know what true dumping is. (Airplane food!)

My body has been pretty confused since I arrived in Australia last Wednesday. I've been a bit queasy most of the time, and I'm back to the point where no food sounds good to me and I don't feel like eating. I've also been feeling rather weak. It may just be jetlag, which is pretty severe between the U.S and Australia, so I'll give it another week or so before I start to worry.

Otherwise, LOVE being back in Australia!

Oh please be careful and stay hydrated!
I did 3 hours gardening today with temps in the 90’s. Got slightly light-headed at one point because I hadn’t broken fast for the day and I was sweating like crazy so I had a whole 32 ounce Gatorade zero and now I feel like normal.

6 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Oh please be careful and stay hydrated!
I did 3 hours gardening today with temps in the 90’s. Got slightly light-headed at one point because I hadn’t broken fast for the day and I was sweating like crazy so I had a whole 32 ounce Gatorade zero and now I feel like normal.

Definitely sounds like jet lag symptoms to me. I get nauseated when I have a long flight/severe time changes. Sounds like a horrific flight experience too. Feel better soon!

Hi! Sheri congratulations!!!!!!!!

Recid- hang in there; I’m sorry you aren’t feeling well. Silver lining... your NOT hungry?! Ok I’m reaching. I hate being nauseated.

My appetite has come back in full force. And I can’t stop cooking! In the last few days I’ve made: rice crispy treats, chicken and dumplings, a Mexican chicken casserole, ribs (with sides of course!), and tonight I’m making a shrimp dish. And that’s in addition to the regular stuff being made in our kitchen (frozen pizza, ramen noodles, instant Mac and cheese). I’m not actually eating much of any of it, but I’m thinking about food a lot. With two ravenous teenage boys in the house there is no waste! I’m going to try to focus on Vitamins for a few days as I’ve gotten off track there. I think sometimes these cravings come from a lack of nutrients.

Im around 104-105 now, lost maybe a pound in the last month. Some of the (tight) clothes I bought in June are getting roomy. I like how I look now. And overall I feel better. I had another epidural on my back yesterday so I’ve been up since 1:30 am in pain. Just couldn’t get comfy so thought I’d check in here.

Hope everyone is good! Love y’all!