Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

1 hour ago, Sheribear68 said:

I can’t remember.... are you in the maintenance thread? There’s some really good posts in there and I’m starting to follow it so when I get there in a few weeks I’ll have some kind of a plan

Hi, Sheri. No, I'm not--and I wasn't actually aware it existed until you mentioned it. Thanks! I'll have a look.

Well I puked up my salad for lunch so the ice cream is all that sustaining me. And you’d probably be surprised how poorly I have eaten through this process. I gravitate toward healthier foods now but I never deny myself anything. I just don’t have that “I have to eat this... last meal on Earth” feeling like I used to. Which that’s really the best part. I literally used to think I had to eat like it was my last chance. Especially if I was traveling. I would think “I’m never going to get to eat this again. I must eat three of them!”. Thank God I don’t feel that way anymore.

yes I have been noticing that . you will be hearing from me im sure especially when I get to the pre ops (yikes)

I do get what you’re saying though. Forcing myself to eat ice cream is completely illogical. I just felt terrible for a few days. No energy completely burned out. Felt like I needed something to get me rolling

Well, I am maintaining right at 144-145, which is great. However, I have been eating like a pig - packing in as many calories as my little pouch can handle, to the point of being uncomfortable. They are all healthy calories - no junk. My triathlon is in 2 1/2 weeks and I found that I was getting weak feeling and light headed with all the extra exercise unless I started eating more, I am adding some healthy carbs into the menu - sweet potato, whole cooked grains like teff, amaranth, quinoa, oats. The hardest part has been giving up Intermittent Fasting for the time being. I have started eating Breakfast again simply to get more calories in, but I don't like it. I am trying to figure out how to eat/drink to get the best performance out of this old body to just be able to finish this event (I am fully prepared to come in dead last), which represents an incredible milestone for me. A year ago, I could not have imagined doing such a thing.

On a sad note, I had to have my beloved mule, Tess, put down this morning in an emergency situation. Just horrible and very emotional - beyond description. After it was all done, I felt the urge to dull my pain with some emotional eating. I ate one of my little energy balls (50 cal), a rice cake with Peanut Butter, and half a banana. Then I caught myself and realized it wasn't helping the pain at all. So I went on a 5K power walk and actually took 4 minutes off my time and I feel better - at least better than if I had eaten a whole pizza and a half gallon of ice cream like I would have done in the past. I am getting ready to swim now, and maybe go for a bike ride later in the day. It is very good to know that I can use exercise for coping instead of eating and that at least for today, I feel able to make that decision.

I am so proud of how all our Feb buds are doing! It has been quite a ride for all of us. We should tally up what our total weight loss is - I bet it would be amazing. ((Hugs to all.))

Edited by AZhiker

5 hours ago, Everythinganna said:

I am disproportionately skinny now. I guess I’m skinny-fat. S**t, it’s awesome that I’m “skinny” at all! I wish I could lose enough weight to get my waist thin but my legs... My legs were always the thinnest part of my body so it stands to reason that the same would apply now.... My husband thinks I’m crazy but I do want a Tummy Tuck to tighten the skin on my stomach. My butt is in pretty dismal shape too. It is saggy! I don’t have any money left for elective surgeries but I have been researching butt lifts. Going to try to start doing some resistance training to see if I can build the muscle up to fill in this saggy “butt bag” I’m caring around.

Maybe in a couple of weeks I’ll make an appointment with a plastic surgeon and I will give you guys a report on what they say. I am very blessed not to have a lot of excess skin but I had a lot of volume loss in my stomach and rear end. It’s kind of sad because I was excited to lose weight to wear a swimsuit and I have now found a new insecurity. I’ll just rock a one piece until further notice.

Clocked in at 106.4 this morning. I am not trying to lose weight but honestly I just kind of CRAVE healthier food now and getting in more calories has proven to be challenging. I suppose this is a good problem to have. Something I thought I would never be saying in my entire life!

Here are a couple of pictures from this morning, Along with a picture of an apple pie I attempted to make on Sunday. I did not eat any of the pie by the way. So I do not have make up on so I am deliberately hiding my face in my selfies. And here are some turkeys that are eating bugs out of the grass behind my house. Throwing that in for entertainment purposes. Enjoy

859E428B-1B68-4156-81D2-CBB8602DAB32.jpeg

0FECE618-14CF-4B8B-B455-82966167A3BF.jpeg

B30CB7C4-F701-479E-85DC-0E3CDD9811D6.png

EC29E00E-43FE-4CB5-B889-D0C19DB320E7.jpeg

59F390A9-73B9-4442-B4F4-A8E2AEFA5059.jpeg

My tum looks the same way. :( But you still have a chest!!!! Personally, I think you look fantastic! Great job!

I cant see why you not completely happy .you look good . niceee. Stop it!

@AZhiker - I'm so sorry about Tess. I don't blame you for reaching for food, but well done for not letting that over take you. Big hugs for your loss x

27 minutes ago, AZhiker said:

Well, I am maintaining right at 144-145, which is great. However, I have been eating like a pig - packing in as many calories as my little pouch can handle, to the point of being uncomfortable. They are all healthy calories - no junk.

AZ, I've also considerably increased my food intake, but all healthy stuff, as you said. Please note, however, that I am not doing a triathlon in the near--or distant--future. I'm particularly enjoying eating fruits and vegetables again.

I haven't had a scale since we moved out of our house in Washington, DC, and I won't again until I get to Australia in a couple of weeks. However, I'm pretty sure my weight has been steady or has even gone down a bit based on the way my clothes are fitting. I'll give a report once I know!

16 minutes ago, froufrou said:

@AZhiker - I'm so sorry about Tess. I don't blame you for reaching for food, but well done for not letting that over take you. Big hugs for your loss x

Thanks so much.

1 hour ago, Recidivist said:

AZ, I've also considerably increased my food intake, but all healthy stuff, as you said. Please note, however, that I am not doing a triathlon in the near--or distant--future. I'm particularly enjoying eating fruits and vegetables again.

I haven't had a scale since we moved out of our house in Washington, DC, and I won't again until I get to Australia in a couple of weeks. However, I'm pretty sure my weight has been steady or has even gone down a bit based on the way my clothes are fitting. I'll give a report once I know!

It's kind of scary to start increasing calories! Or giving oneself permission to eat carbs. My whole plan was to gradually start adding some cooked whole grains or starchy veg (like sweet potato) to meals - just a little bit, and at the end of the meal. Protein first, then veggies, then carbs. That's what I am doing, but eating a lot more than I ever had originally planned - simply because of the increased exercise and caloric need. I still can't believe that my weight is staying stable every morning when I get on the scale. I think that I have increased my metabolic rate with exercise and more muscle mass (I've been lifting weights and doing lots of stairs and leg exercises for a while now). It feels like someone else's body and I don't quite have a grip on how to deal with it, but it's a day by day journey for each of us, right?

Anyway, if you start adding healthy carbs, just do it at the end of the meal. :)

Hi, all. I head for Australia on Tuesday, but I was able to get on a scale this morning at my sister's house. Astoundingly, I have lost seven pounds in the last three weeks, although I have no idea whether my sister's scale is showing the same weight as mine at home would, which is the baseline.

This is particularly reassuring news for me, because I've been eating out regularly since I've been on the road and eating a much broader range of foods (while still making healthy choices). At this point, I would say I feel "normal." Now I really need to start maintenance in earnest!

On 09/22/2019 at 05:24, Recidivist said:

Hi, all. I head for Australia on Tuesday, but I was able to get on a scale this morning at my sister's house. Astoundingly, I have lost seven pounds in the last three weeks, although I have no idea whether my sister's scale is showing the same weight as mine at home would, which is the baseline.

This is particularly reassuring news for me, because I've been eating out regularly since I've been on the road and eating a much broader range of foods (while still making healthy choices). At this point, I would say I feel "normal." Now I really need to start maintenance in earnest!

Great news!
I hope to be able to enter maintenance by the end of October.
I’ve got 10-15 pounds left. I’ve been “stuck” between 163-161 for the last 10 days, which is frustrating, but my body seems to do this to me about every 10 pounds so I’m used to it.

Yesterday I participated in goat yoga with my daughter and one of her best friends and it was amazing to be willing and ABLE to do something like that.
For the first time in a very very long time I don’t hate my body, or my choices, or the dialogue going on repeat in my head.
I’m still not “finished” or “there” or “at goal”, but I’m damned close and close feels pretty nice.

image-0.00596046447753906.jpg

image-0.0129938125610352.jpg

LOVE the goat yoga!

Omg I want to do goat yoga!