Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

Everything, you are gorgeous! What a beautiful face!

3 hours ago, Everythinganna said:

Sounds like a filler may be more along the lines you are looking for. I don’t know where you live but here in Florida Botox typically ranges between eight and $14 a unit. I got mine on a buy one get one the other day so I only paid six dollars a unit. I wait for specials and sales and shop around.

Depends on where you are sagging but you could do some filler in your cheek bone which will give your lower face a bit of a lift. Without seeing you or knowing the specifics that’s the best I can recommend... You could go to any med spa that does those services and they will give you a free estimate and recommendations. That’s probably the best place to start and free of charge to you.

Fillers tend to be more expensive; usually $500-$700 or so is a guesstimate. I know a lot less about fillers because I’ve only used them once and that was to have my lips done in Arizona. I figure when I start getting into prices with “commas” I may as well just have a surgical lift done.

Thanks for the info. I guess I should hold off until I've lost the rest of my weight. God knows when that will be! Stall is going on 5 weeks now.

On 09/05/2019 at 14:31, Everythinganna said:

Congrats Sheri!

I had a funny experience referencing you the other day. I was talking to my MIL and I was telling them about some of the new snack ideas I got from asking this group. I caught myself saying “ yeah my friend had this great idea, she uses Pork rinds to eat hummus!”. Then I realized I referred to you as my friend and I have never even met you!! I have never been on a forum like this where I have shared personal information and hadn’t realized how attached I had become to you guys! Haha

Well honestly I “met” my husband on an Internet forum.
We’re both huge OU fans and posted for YEARS on a football chat board (we had posted to and around each other for 6 years before we met at a website sponsored tailgate)
Because of literally years of reading (and sometime arguing) with each other’s posts, I felt like I already knew his personality.
We insta-bonded and were married 2 years later in 2015.
Yeah I don’t find it odd at all to call each other friends after 6+ months of all we have shared and gone through together

On 09/05/2019 at 14:53, Everythinganna said:

Wow what a crazy story! I’m so glad you fought hard! I went to the doctor last week because I thought I had a urinary tract infection. I called my weight-loss surgeon and they said that is common because we urinate less frequently because our fluids typically go down. I had all the symptoms of it and they put me on antibiotics. While I was there they took my blood pressure and then I immediately did an EKG because my blood pressure has been exceptionally high on back to back visits

Unfortunately my husband had a midlife crisis and resigned his job so now I do not have insurance. I have an order for blood work, I have an order to see a neurosurgeon, I have an order for a neurologist, I have an order for a mammogram, 2 orders for epidurals and I have no insurance. Also they called me and told me to stop taking the antibiotics because I tested negative for the urinary tract infection so no one knows what’s wrong with me. It’s pretty scary.

Additionally my husband lied to me about quitting his job and this is about the seventh time he has done this. It has put a terrible strain on our marriage. He better be careful because I think I look pretty damn hot now and I have truly started having thoughts about leaving him. I don’t have a full-time job right now but I would be lying if I said it’s not in the back of my mind. I have 11 years invested in my marriage but I am furious about this health insurance and the lying. I really need to get a clear scope of what’s going on with my health and I had paid $10,000 against my deductible this year and had hit my out of pocket so I was pretty excited About having totally free health services the rest of the year. That is now blown I assume but I ask him to call and ask about cobra. Waiting to find out on that.

This just happened the other day AND in the middle of the mandatory evacuation from the hurricane. This past week has been a b***h. I was in pain with the “supposed” UTI, constipated, took Dulcolax and then I had major diarrhea for 24 hours after that, was pissed off at my husband, and stuck in my house. Today was the first day I got the hell out of the house and went to Dillards and bought myself some jeans to make myself feel better. JUNIORS jeans mind you - take that hubby. Heh heh heh

Anna I’m so sorry all of this is crashing down on you at once.
I wish I had some sage advice, but I don’t
Please know I’m rooting for you no matter what the outcome is

4 hours ago, froufrou said:

Thanks for the info. I guess I should hold off until I've lost the rest of my weight. God knows when that will be! Stall is going on 5 weeks now.

Frou frou. I know the feeling. I only lost 4.5 in the month of August. Makes me feel like this the end of my weightloss. I started losing again. I have lost 4 pounds this week. Maybe because I started Metformin instead of Lantus? Hang in there, you have lost a lot of weight. Hoping your stall breaks soon!

25 minutes ago, ldawn said:

I bought my very first regular sized outfit today!!

Awesome! I spent most of the day yesterday trying all my "winter" clothes and sorting through everything. I ended up with 5 13-gallon-sized bags of clothes that were too big. I'm donating it all to the Salvation Army. Some of the stuff had been in my closet for years as items I thought I would "someday" be able to fit into--and even they were too big. It was a great feeling to rid myself of this baggage (emotionally and physically!). I then took my daughter shopping with me and bought a few items. I can't believe I can shop at stores that I stopped going into years ago. It felt sooooooo good! Goodbye Lane Bryant!

On 09/08/2019 at 20:08, Gottajustdoit said:

Awesome! I spent most of the day yesterday trying all my "winter" clothes and sorting through everything. I ended up with 5 13-gallon-sized bags of clothes that were too big. I'm donating it all to the Salvation Army. Some of the stuff had been in my closet for years as items I thought I would "someday" be able to fit into--and even they were too big. It was a great feeling to rid myself of this baggage (emotionally and physically!). I then took my daughter shopping with me and bought a few items. I can't believe I can shop at stores that I stopped going into years ago. It felt sooooooo good! Goodbye Lane Bryant!

I did a purge in June and had a big garage sale. All profits went into my clothing fund. I’m saving my clothing fund is for when I reach my goal. I want a personal shopper session at Nordstrom’s. Not saying I will end up buying much from there but it sounds like fun!

On 09/08/2019 at 20:08, Gottajustdoit said:

Very soon I plan on going through what’s left of last winters stuff and I can’t wait to finish getting rid of it.
CONGRATS on leaving Lane Bryant in the rear-view.
Today I put on size 10 pants and a medium top to go to work and it feels AMAZING.

image-0.00607967376708984.jpg

2 hours ago, ldawn said:

I bought my very first regular sized outfit today!!

Since I'm in the process of moving, I went through all of the clothes I own over the course of several weeks. I was thrilled to see that almost nothing fit any longer (including the "skinny jeans" I was keeping as inspiration), but I was then faced with the prospect of buying a whole new wardrobe. I dropped off many trash bags full of clothes to the local Salvation Army store, and then immediately walked around to the front to enter the store as a customer to buy smaller stuff. It's a relatively inexpensive way to refresh your wardrobe quickly!

12 minutes ago, TheMarine79 said:

Before and after

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

image-0.00107288360595703.jpg

You look great! Isn’t it crazy to think six months ago the jacket that is too big actually fit? Great job

Edited by Goody222

21 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Very soon I plan on going through what’s left of last winters stuff and I can’t wait to finish getting rid of it.
CONGRATS on leaving Lane Bryant in the rear-view.
Today I put on size 10 pants and a medium top to go to work and it feels AMAZING.

image-0.00607967376708984.jpg

Size ten. That is my goal size so I can fit my “cute” clothes. congrats...you look great

On 9/5/2019 at 3:53 PM, Everythinganna said:

Wow what a crazy story! I’m so glad you fought hard! I went to the doctor last week because I thought I had a urinary tract infection. I called my weight-loss surgeon and they said that is common because we urinate less frequently because our fluids typically go down. I had all the symptoms of it and they put me on antibiotics. While I was there they took my blood pressure and then I immediately did an EKG because my blood pressure has been exceptionally high on back to back visits

Unfortunately my husband had a midlife crisis and resigned his job so now I do not have insurance. I have an order for blood work, I have an order to see a neurosurgeon, I have an order for a neurologist, I have an order for a mammogram, 2 orders for epidurals and I have no insurance. Also they called me and told me to stop taking the antibiotics because I tested negative for the urinary tract infection so no one knows what’s wrong with me. It’s pretty scary.

Additionally my husband lied to me about quitting his job and this is about the seventh time he has done this. It has put a terrible strain on our marriage. He better be careful because I think I look pretty damn hot now and I have truly started having thoughts about leaving him. I don’t have a full-time job right now but I would be lying if I said it’s not in the back of my mind. I have 11 years invested in my marriage but I am furious about this health insurance and the lying. I really need to get a clear scope of what’s going on with my health and I had paid $10,000 against my deductible this year and had hit my out of pocket so I was pretty excited About having totally free health services the rest of the year. That is now blown I assume but I ask him to call and ask about cobra. Waiting to find out on that.

This just happened the other day AND in the middle of the mandatory evacuation from the hurricane. This past week has been a b***h. I was in pain with the “supposed” UTI, constipated, took Dulcolax and then I had major diarrhea for 24 hours after that, was pissed off at my husband, and stuck in my house. Today was the first day I got the hell out of the house and went to Dillards and bought myself some jeans to make myself feel better. JUNIORS jeans mind you - take that hubby. Heh heh heh

I wish you happiness with whatever you decide to do in your marriage. I would suggest you check into the cost of COBRA coverage if that is something you can Afford right now. it would continue your existing coverage and since you already met your deductible that is huge. Another option since your income has been reduced is to consider the ACA exchanges you might qualify for mostly subsidized coverage. Good luck and if you have any questions about coverage an options you can email me. I have manages benefits for various companies for over 20 years. I would be glad to help.

1 hour ago, Goody222 said:

You look great! Isn’t it crazy to think six months ago the jacket that is too big actually fit? Great job

Wonderful! I hope you bought a new suit jacket by now! 🙂