Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

I still have a LOT of restriction and since February my dog had become a huge fan of my eating habits. There is always a little left over for her on my plate. She never leaves my side these days.

oh and AZ - I got her at Maricopa Animal Shelter East- she’s my desert dog!

BA9576A5-D41B-46FD-B890-6F91B98B33BC.jpeg

Edited by Everythinganna

So my hair is falling out sooo badly. Just started and thought it wasn’t going to happen to me being that it’s so much later than expected. Plus it seems almost oilier (sp?) than normal so holding off on washing it hasn’t been an option. I’m trying this stuff now. Next I’ll get highlights and get some of the length off. friend of mine took my picture at the football game last night and my only concern was my hair! I wonder why it only started falling out in the last couple of weeks? So strange ...

0030E91A-B8D7-4531-9855-3859994D65DF.png

13F8F301-6626-41F7-AC2A-93C8B981FDE9.jpeg

I have been using dry Shampoo to extend to 2-3 days between shampooing. As if that will prevent hair from falling out but mentally it keeps me from seeing clumps on the shower floor everyday. I have bought some dry shampoo sprays that are tinted which helps it look fuller.

I have managed to put on 4 lbs over night. I don't know how. Does anyone know how this can happen?? It's definitely there and not a blip... it happened 2 days ago. My stomach is really playing up this week... lots and lots of gassiness. Really huge whooshing sounds and gurgling. I don't know how that would play a part in putting on 4 lbs though!

31 minutes ago, froufrou said:

I have managed to put on 4 lbs over night. I don't know how. Does anyone know how this can happen?? It's definitely there and not a blip... it happened 2 days ago. My stomach is really playing up this week... lots and lots of gassiness. Really huge whooshing sounds and gurgling. I don't know how that would play a part in putting on 4 lbs though!

Happened to me last week as well. I Had a period and deflated again. I was also having a lot of stomach issues around that time.

Yesterday. I guess I’m going to have chubby cheeks, no matter how thin I get.

73440201-606F-40B8-B00E-B462F95C55D4.jpeg

Those are not chubby cheeks, those are youthful cheeks! Be thankful lol. I have lost a lot of volume from my face and now have a gobbler. grrrr.

Yesterday. I guess I’m going to have chubby cheeks, no matter how thin I get.
73440201-606F-40B8-B00E-B462F95C55D4.thumb.jpeg.c875ca69f8fc26a08163d4e572474327.jpeg
You look fantastic!! Agree with frou frou! So so youthful!![emoji108][emoji108]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

You are gorgeous and look like you are about 16 years old! You kept all the good stuff up top (nice face and chest), while mine all went south. (Face fell, gobbler appeared, and my chest is perfectly flat now, with 2 little saggy bumps hanging at my waist!)

On 08/17/2019 at 08:14, Recidivist said:

SheriBear, I believe you when you say you have more weight to lose. We all know our own bodies better than anyone else (which is why they should all just shut up). However, from an outsider's perspective, you look like you are there! You look fantastic!

I have never minded having to get new clothes when I lose weight, but it's a bit depressing to need new clothes because everything you have is too tight. I'm sure we've all been there!

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for understanding my drive to keep going.
I think that had I been obese my whole life, this would be a great stopping point for me, but I’m still 35-40 pounds heavier than my college weight— and that was about 5-10 pounds over my all-time-low from my sophomore year of college.
What’s funny is that when I was in my late teens and early 20’s, I felt so “fat” when my weight got over 125. And I’m 5’7”!

Yeah, I’m 30 years older. Yeah, I’ve had 2 kids.... I get all that. But I just know in my heart of hearts that I’ve got at least another 25-ish pounds left in me to go.

Today I’m 172.4 (had a 1.6 pound bounce this week) and I’m shooting for an ultimate goal of 145-ish (plus or minus a few on either side for maintenance).

That still puts me 10-15 higher than when I was 23.

On 08/18/2019 at 13:31, AZhiker said:

You are gorgeous and look like you are about 16 years old! You kept all the good stuff up top (nice face and chest), while mine all went south. (Face fell, gobbler appeared, and my chest is perfectly flat now, with 2 little saggy bumps hanging at my waist!)

Oh yeah, I’ve got the saggy face now for sure.
Being 50 sure didn’t help that very much either.

Oh well, I planned on having Lipo done on thighs, maybe I can throw in a lil facelift and get a twofer discount. 🤣🤣🤣

image-0.00107288360595703.jpg

You DO NOT have a saggy face!!!

My best friend... Who is straight up told me I was FAT in January, is now telling me I am too thin! She is also going through telogen effluvium (from heath issues); Her Hair loss is more severe than mine. Feel bad for her but it is somewhat comforting to have you guys and another friend to commiserate with. Misery loves company!

017E82BA-B230-4DC4-B341-9A00B905FF81.png

You ladies look fabulous!

On another note, my bipap says I've been only having 3-4 apneas an hour. I may need to get it rechecked to see if i still need it.

I am however worried because i can eat more and am struggling with my weight bouncing around.

I just came from the store and saw a guy fall into and crash into a Water and cooler display at the store. He had been chased through the store and a cop had him at gun point and I saw it happen. I was so traumatized and was shaking when I got home. It didn't occur to me but it was my bs that had crashed and was 77. I'm still dealing with some high bs so, had taken a pill this morning. My excitement for the day!

On 08/18/2019 at 15:34, Everythinganna said:

You DO NOT have a saggy face!!!

Oh you are the sweetest. One reason why this group is so special to me.

Seriously though, I’ve now got jowels and a saggy, wrinkly neck.

It’s okay, plastics will come to the rescue! 🤣🤣🤣