Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

21 hours ago, TheMarine79 said:

Before and after so far

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

You look awesome!!!!

I’m just not hungry. Today I had about a fourth a cup of coffee with Creamer, forgot to eat for about six hours, at 2:30 this afternoon I ate a few bites of shrimp salad, and I ate probably a handful of M&Ms. So that’s it. I really don’t think about food at all. Plus a lot of the pain killers I take also are killing my appetite. I discovered this since I lost them nine days ago. Which was like hell on earth. I did manage to eat like six Or seven Wendy’s nuggets yesterday. That was a lot of food for me. I had two bites of steak for dinner a teaspoon of mashed potatoes and probably two or 3 teaspoons of green Beans yesterday. I have 000 cravings for sweets. But I was never a sweet craver before anyway. I only ate the m&ms because they were sitting in front of me....

19 hours ago, Gottajustdoit said:

I hear you on the back pain! I've already got arthritis in my spine and a pinched nerve in the neck. My knees were starting to hurt too so that was when I decided I had to get serious and scheduled the gastric bypass. Knees are all better, my the pain in my back and neck are ever present. I have wanted a breast reduction for a long time but am now waiting to get to my goal weight before I go to a surgeon for an opinion. I must say I do not like the way the girls feel---gravity is getting meaner and meaner.... I now this is TMI, but I literally feel them pulling my shoulders down more than ever, leaving me with horrific posture and more neck pain. What is the epidural all about? I have not heard of that for back pain before.

I am doing the same thing. And I can understand everything you are saying. I’m actually glad you shared this because I had forgotten about my ankle pain. It is gone now! My boobs are implants. Bad idea 11 years ago. I let the surgeon make the judgment call on how big to go. I did not ever want boobs this big. He talked me into going larger said I would regret it if I didn’t. Well he was wrong! I’m like you- I’m waiting to get through losing weight before I get a consultation. I don’t know how much more weight I am going to lose. Sort of hoping it stops soon. I Originally said I wanted to weigh 100 pounds. I weigh 117 right now. Now 100 sounds so skinny. This is me at 117, just now.

ADC0FB14-0E37-4CA4-AB80-B64D7B2F15D8.jpeg

Oh and to answer your other question, an epidural is just what it sounds like. You know they use them for pregnancy and giving birth. It’s basically a pain block they put right into your spine or whatever disc is inflamed. I’ve had three in my neck and I just did one in my lower back today. I go back next week for them to work on another area. I also get facet injections Cortizone injections and trigger point injections. Basically I’m getting needle stuck in me every week.

1 hour ago, Everythinganna said:

Oh and to answer your other question, an epidural is just what it sounds like. You know they use them for pregnancy and giving birth. It’s basically a pain block they put right into your spine or whatever disc is inflamed. I’ve had three in my neck and I just did one in my lower back today. I go back next week for them to work on another area. I also get facet injections Cortizone injections and trigger point injections. Basically I’m getting needle stuck in me every week.

You look really great...and I don't see any waddly skin so yay for you! My brother asked me when/how the weight loss stops. I really have no idea! Thanks for explaining the epidural. I had only heard it used in childbirth. I've wanted steroid injections but as a Type 1 diabetic I understand it shoots the blood sugar sky high so I've never had one done. I can bet that reducing your breast size will help with your pain.

I find my appetite and restriction changes throughout the month with my cycle.

On 07/01/2019 at 19:16, froufrou said:

What does a typical day's food look like for you? I am having Starbucks too, but I am working it in to my day somehow, plus it's not an every day thing.

Personally, I try to keep my calories at around 1000 if I can.

Here is my food for today.

5:45am— 2oz milk in coffee with 1 truvia packet
11:30am— 1 boiled egg, 1/3 cup cottage cheese (I had measured 1/2 cup, but couldn’t eat it all)
3pm— 1 cup leftover Cobb salad. It had deli ham, roast chicken, Tomato and some blue cheese crumbles
6:30pm— 3/4 bratwurst sliced up with 3 tablespoons chili and 1/8 cup shredded cheddar with some onions and spicy mustard.

I haven’t bothered to log it yet, but I can guess it will be around 700 cal, and over 60gm Protein with under 30gm carb.

Lately I’ve gotten lazy and I’m feeling okay as long as I know I’m under 1000 calories and 30gm carbs for the day.

I need to start logging again

On 07/02/2019 at 16:25, Everythinganna said:

I am doing the same thing. And I can understand everything you are saying. I’m actually glad you shared this because I had forgotten about my ankle pain. It is gone now! My boobs are implants. Bad idea 11 years ago. I let the surgeon make the judgment call on how big to go. I did not ever want boobs this big. He talked me into going larger said I would regret it if I didn’t. Well he was wrong! I’m like you- I’m waiting to get through losing weight before I get a consultation. I don’t know how much more weight I am going to lose. Sort of hoping it stops soon. I Originally said I wanted to weigh 100 pounds. I weigh 117 right now. Now 100 sounds so skinny. This is me at 117, just now.

ADC0FB14-0E37-4CA4-AB80-B64D7B2F15D8.jpeg

Looking great!

I feel ya on the boobs, except I went the opposite way.

In 2010 after finishing chemo and radiation I qualified for a free boob job and I opted to go way smaller.
Prior to diagnosis I was 225 pounds and had 40G cups.
Yeah. G cups.

After chemo I was 245 pounds and still had the damn G cup on one side and DDD on the affected side.

My plastic surgeon tried his best to talk me out of the current b cup I have now.

I told him I grew these darn things early, have carried around these humongous boobs for 30 years and then to add insult to injury, one of them tried to kill me.
Told him he could carry the stupid things around for the next 30 years, but that I was DONE with the burden.

Lol, he did the surgery and I haven’t regretted losing them for 1 single second.

What’s funny is that I’ve now lost almost 70 pounds from my high last summer and I’m STILL a solid B cup.

Oh, and if I want bigger boobs for an outfit I just wear a nice padded bra and then can take it off at the end of the day. 🤣🤣

On 07/01/2019 at 18:15, TheMarine79 said:

Before and after so far

Amazing progress!

Honestly I thought about taking a “day of surgery” photo, but chickened out because I just couldn’t face seeing myself in that moment.

It is one regret I have today.

I have an interesting NSV, as pointed out by my husband... I was going 90 in a 75 (I don't normally do this, but the scenery was amazing and I got distracted!) and the State Trooper let me off with a warning!

Well.... that’s how I passed my driving test 40 yrs ago 🤣

20 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Looking great!

I feel ya on the boobs, except I went the opposite way.

In 2010 after finishing chemo and radiation I qualified for a free boob job and I opted to go way smaller.
Prior to diagnosis I was 225 pounds and had 40G cups.
Yeah. G cups.

After chemo I was 245 pounds and still had the damn G cup on one side and DDD on the affected side.

My plastic surgeon tried his best to talk me out of the current b cup I have now.

I told him I grew these darn things early, have carried around these humongous boobs for 30 years and then to add insult to injury, one of them tried to kill me.
Told him he could carry the stupid things around for the next 30 years, but that I was DONE with the burden.

Lol, he did the surgery and I haven’t regretted losing them for 1 single second.

What’s funny is that I’ve now lost almost 70 pounds from my high last summer and I’m STILL a solid B cup.

Oh, and if I want bigger boobs for an outfit I just wear a nice padded bra and then can take it off at the end of the day. 🤣🤣

I signed up for the gym yesterday - comes with a free PT session, so I got that out of the way yesterday evening. Wore both an underwire bra and a sports bra over the top to keep the girls in order, but I've lost so much from around the chest that they planned a grand escape anyway *sigh*. All the loose skin really makes 'em difficult to tame!

I'd love to get a breast reduction, but I'd have to pay out of pocket... and because I'm doing all this in the hopes of getting pregnant, it might make sense to save my pennies and hope to reduce when we've finished adding to our family. Lol.

After a couple days of getting a few bites shy of half a cup of mince and riced cauliflower in at meals, my pouch is like 'nope!' and I've struggled to eat over a bite or two of anything over the past couple days. It's so draining to go from doing well to, like, crashing and burning!

Back to liquidy foods -- milky coffees, Protein Shakes and yogurt -- for me, until my restriction starts to lift again. Doing my best to get fluids in... gotta keep the determination up because otherwise I'd just flop into bed and never get out again. Lol.

Lovely to see so much activity in here and a few new faces! I swear, without you lot I'd feel completely on my own. No one I know has had surgery like this, so hearing about your journeys is an absolute anxiety buster for me 🙂

Oh, yeah -- and I haven't lost a darn thing over the past few days! Expecting a pretty stagnant week or two after so much movement in the past 2 weeks. Reeeally want to get under that 90kg/200Lbs mark, but life's just going to torture me for a little while. Heh XD

On 7/1/2019 at 7:15 PM, TheMarine79 said:

Before and after so far

Congratulations, Marine! You are making terrific progress. And it's good to see you back again!

On 7/2/2019 at 5:25 PM, Everythinganna said:

This is me at 117, just now.

I have just two words for that photo: Hubba-hubba! 🙂

I want to urge everyone not to compare your progress and weight loss to others on the forum. Some of us started at a lower weight and had less to lose, so we are of course closer to our goal in a relatively short time. Also, everybody's body reacts differently to this process, and some will take longer to settle in.

Don't forget that we will be in our "honeymoon period" for another six to eight months, so we all have plenty of time to get near our goal weights. As long as you are making steady progress, even with some stalls or small weight gains, you are succeeding! And if you get off track, please reach out to the rest of us for the guidance and support you need--that's what this community is for. You are not in this alone!