Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

I can see by your smile how great you feel! Congrats!

6 hours ago, Deedee12 said:

Absolutely earned those bragging rights! You look fantastic!!! Well done!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Stick legs! You look great. And so does the cool new car.

6 hours ago, Chiptress said:

Oy vey! Maybe I’m not savvy enough but how do you post a new conversation on this site? Ty in advance

I have never figured it out either. I just "reply" to a post and ramble on about a different topic. 😀

So, I'm finally ready to post a recent photo--actually taken just a few minutes ago. Here I am after losing 90 pounds from my pre-surgery weight and 76 pounds since surgery. Most people say I should stop, but I want to lose another 10-20 pounds. (I'll know when I'm at the right weight.)
I have been looking for a "fat" photo to show the difference, but I can't find one. I almost never allowed myself be photographed at my highest weight. Trust me, I look really different now!
After.jpg.a141edff3baa02cf1d762a7230087ede.jpg
You look great and most importantly, you look HAPPY!!!
Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Okay, I found a "before" photo when I was singing in a local choir. It's not my fattest, but it gives you an idea. I want to note that I was wearing sort of a man's girdle, which is why things look rather flat beneath my stomach. (I can't believe I'm admitting this.) And yes, it was very uncomfortable.

Choir.jpg

After.jpg

Edited by Recidivist

1 hour ago, Recidivist said:

Okay, I found a "before" photo when I was singing in a local choir. It's not my fattest, but it gives you an idea. I want to note that I was wearing sort of a man's girdle, which is why things look rather flat beneath my stomach. (I can't believe I'm admitting this.) And yes, it was very uncomfortable.

Choir.jpg

After.jpg

WOWWW, Recidivist! This is absolutely incredible! You've done so well ❤️

I don't know about getting down to 140 myself, but I'm so looking forward to joining you in ONEderland soon 🙂

Can't get over how healthy and happy you look. You're definitely something to aspire to!

*does a happy dance* so glad to see our February friends lighter and healthier and happier!

Nice to see you back, Marine -- I, too, was wondering how you were going!

Sorry about the dumping. I've only had one or two instances of dumping myself. Nevertheless, not pleasant! Hoping you see the other side of it soon 🙂

And Anna -- you're looking amazing! Enjoy the new car and the new legs! ❤️

9 hours ago, Dubchild said:

First 3 months I could do no wrong and lost weight like crazy. This last month has been a very modest (in my terms) 8lbs lost and I’ve been stalled at the exact same weight for 2 full weeks

We are all on the same road but at different intersections. My weight lost has been a pound or two a week, slow and steady. I agree it doesn't make sense at all. For me, it seems as if I'm less diligent about getting Water in. Protein no problem.

4 hours ago, Recidivist said:

So, I'm finally ready to post a recent photo--actually taken just a few minutes ago. Here I am after losing 90 pounds from my pre-surgery weight and 76 pounds since surgery. Most people say I should stop, but I want to lose another 10-20 pounds. (I'll know when I'm at the right weight.)

I have been looking for a "fat" photo to show the difference, but I can't find one. I almost never allowed myself be photographed at my highest weight. Trust me, I look really different now!

After.jpg

Yes- yes- YES!!!!!!!! You look amazing!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Recidivist said:

Choir.jpg

After.jpg

OK, admittedly… I LOLed about the “man girdle” . But how worth it! I just can’t get over your transformation! Amazing -amazing - amazing !!!!!

On 6/28/2019 at 11:23 AM, Frustr8 said:

Well fellow slimmer Mama, I suffer from exactly the same syndrome myself! Want t9 hear another one? Went to visit my PCP's office yesterday, has been maybe 2 months since I last set 👀 on him and him on ME. First thing he said was " Just HOW MUCH WEIGHT have YOU lost?" , the correct answer is 120 pounds in 10 months. He says " Would you please stop or slow down!?" then tells ME at my age( And I do hate putdowns!) I should only lose. 70% of my excess weight and I am at 68,3%", Bullfeathers!
I set out with a Goal of 175 pounds and I WILL DO my upmost to get there! And this from the man who used to dance around singing " Your Weight is Going to Kill You, and it may be within 3 years!" Jeesh,sometimes you can't win for trying! Ungrateful young whelp, he ought to have tried walking in my 👞mocassins, they were pretty broke down from My Weight!

Can’t win for “losing”, right?!?

1 hour ago, Darci kendall said:

My favorite is your no longer Obese your just now over Weight lmao 😂

Darci, I am absolutely busting to break that darn BMI30! How good will it feel to no longer be 'super morbidly obese' or 'morbidly obese' but just plain old 'overweight'?! If I get under 30 before I turn 30 I can die happy. Hehe ;-)

Hey everyone! My gastric bypass was on 2/5. I had a rough month in May for weight loss. I guess my body just needed some time to adjust. Weight is coming off again, thank goodness. My Hair loss is astounding. Hope it stops soon. I have gone from 268 the day I started my pre op liquid diet to 207. I will be half way to my goal in 5 more pounds!! I have gone from an “extremely obese” BMI of almost 48 to now just “obese” at 37. I’m getting to where I want to be. I’m not one of the fast losers but that is ok.
Picture is this morning and October 2017 where I was around 250 lbs (5’3”).

image-0.0129938125610352.jpg

Thanks for sharing the photos, idawn! You're looking amazing. Are you feeling well? You have thin hair like me, so I know how each strand of hair that comes out is daunting!