Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

12 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Anyway, it’s the first time since about a week after surgery that I saw the pharmacist that works at her store and he didn’t recognize me!
So...... even though I feel as if I’m having a rough time lately with success on the scale, this was a great ego boost!

I have a similar story. Last week I went to the concert of a choir I had sung with last year (including their Christmas show in 2018, not too long before surgery. I went up to a number of them afterwords, shook their hands, and told them what a nice job they had done. About 80% of them gave me a blank look, and I said, "You don't know who I am, do you?" They admitted they did not. When I told them, they were quite shocked by the transformation. I was frankly shocked that people couldn't recognize me, because I think I still look like me--just an upgraded version.

Edited by Recidivist

On 06/27/2019 at 12:47, Recidivist said:

I have a similar story. Last week I went to the concert of a choir I had sung with last year (including their Christmas show in 2018, not too long before surgery. I went up to a number of them afterwords, shook their hands, and told them what a nice job they had done. About 80% of them gave me a blank look, and I said, "You don't know who I am, do you?" They admitted they did not. When I told them, they were quite shocked by the transformation. I was frankly shocked that people couldn't recognize me, because I think I still look like me--just an upgraded version.

It’s funny because in our own heads we are still “us”, but to the outside world (that doesn’t live in a bariatric bubble) we are now so different physically that we’re hard to recognize.

I don’t know.... I’ve had a few patients that have had this surgery and even though they’ve gone through transformative changes, I still recognized them.

it seriously makes me wonder how many people saw “the real me” vs a body type.

I had my first case of dumping and it sucked. Started out with a gassy stomach and pretty much hanging out on the toilet half the day. My gas and runs are getting better. Not sure exactly what it was.

No stricture!
Which means I'm back to soft foods and measuring everything... maybe putting the roast lamb in the blender [emoji23]
I have such mixed feelings, but I'm happy that I don't need any further time in hospital.
Now to try to find the right balance to fuel my body.

Sent from my CPH1719 using BariatricPal mobile app

8 hours ago, EmzBee said:

No stricture!
Which means I'm back to soft foods and measuring everything... maybe putting the roast lamb in the blender
I have such mixed feelings, but I'm happy that I don't need any further time in hospital.
Now to try to find the right balance to fuel my body.

That's wonderful news, EmzBee. Thanks for updating us!

11 hours ago, TheMarine79 said:

Our group of February 2019 Weight loss buds has a pretty long. Congrats on bonding and forging new friendships.

Hey, Marine--we haven't heard from you in a while! I was thinking of writing so see how you are doing.

As for dumping--I've had four or five incidents, the most recent earlier this week. In one case I know what the culprit was (a refreshing low-sugar frozen yogurt), but otherwise I have no idea what caused them. And yes, the do indeed suck.

And I know you had a special goal,to re-fit your dress uniform, and gosh The Marine Corps has an extremely handsome one and I confess I always have had a soft spot for Men in Uniform. Shoot, I even think the Knights of Columbus look mighty fine, although the old joke was " They look like they enrolled in the Polish Navy!" So my fine friend, how goes the Weigh Loss and Tone-Up going?

21 hours ago, Recidivist said:

I bought a car yesterday. Immediately afterwards I had my daughter take a picture of me by the car. Talk about someone not recognizing you... I Almost didn’t recognize myself in the picture! Whose legs are those? They look like sticks! OK so my face looks really weird on one side (hopefully just in this photo) but other than that I look like a different human being.

We all say we don’t want to brag. I don’t think us talking about our weight loss successes constitutes as bragging at all! We have all busted our asses to go through the surgery and maintain a healthy eating plan. We earned those bragging rights!

2B05349F-20D5-4A6C-9925-4994D5888C4E.jpeg

Well fellow slimmer Mama, I suffer from exactly the same syndrome myself! Want t9 hear another one? Went to visit my PCP's office yesterday, has been maybe 2 months since I last set 👀 on him and him on ME. First thing he said was " Just HOW MUCH WEIGHT have YOU lost?" , the correct answer is 120 pounds in 10 months. He says " Would you please stop or slow down!?" then tells ME at my age( And I do hate putdowns!) I should only lose. 70% of my excess weight and I am at 68,3%", Bullfeathers!
I set out with a Goal of 175 pounds and I WILL DO my upmost to get there! And this from the man who used to dance around singing " Your Weight is Going to Kill You, and it may be within 3 years!" Jeesh,sometimes you can't win for trying! Ungrateful young whelp, he ought to have tried walking in my 👞mocassins, they were pretty broke down from My Weight!

First 3 months I could do no wrong and lost weight like crazy. This last month has been a very modest (in my terms) 8lbs lost and I’ve been stalled at the exact same weight for 2 full weeks

Oy vey! Maybe I’m not savvy enough but how do you post a new conversation on this site? Ty in advance

I bought a car yesterday. Immediately afterwards I had my daughter take a picture of me by the car. Talk about someone not recognizing you... I Almost didn’t recognize myself in the picture! Whose legs are those? They look like sticks! OK so my face looks really weird on one side (hopefully just in this photo) but other than that I look like a different human being.

We all say we don’t want to brag. I don’t think us talking about our weight loss successes constitutes as bragging at all! We have all busted our asses to go through the surgery and maintain a healthy eating plan. We earned those bragging rights!
2B05349F-20D5-4A6C-9925-4994D5888C4E.thumb.jpeg.236772d53f3b25af8d6e1b321f755240.jpeg
Absolutely earned those bragging rights! You look fantastic!!! Well done!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

So, I'm finally ready to post a recent photo--actually taken just a few minutes ago. Here I am after losing 90 pounds from my pre-surgery weight and 76 pounds since surgery. Most people say I should stop, but I want to lose another 10-20 pounds. (I'll know when I'm at the right weight.)

I have been looking for a "fat" photo to show the difference, but I can't find one. I almost never allowed myself be photographed at my highest weight. Trust me, I look really different now!

After.jpg