Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

In a stunning turn of events, I've been admitted to hospital after my surgeon appointment earlier today.
Almost blacked out when they took blood and put my IV in. Looks like fluids, a Vitamin top up and a stricture test for me. [emoji53]

Sent from my CPH1719 using BariatricPal mobile app

Wowee, you do things rather scary, but you're in a Good Safe 0lace Now! May the problems turn out small, would not wish a stricture on anyone, I have fought this battle myself! BUT PLEASE UPDATE us on how things turn out!

On 06/24/2019 at 21:59, EmzBee said:

In a stunning turn of events, I've been admitted to hospital after my surgeon appointment earlier today.
Almost blacked out when they took blood and put my IV in. Looks like fluids, a Vitamin top up and a stricture test for me. [emoji53]

Oh no!
Please let us know how you’re doing as soon as you can

14 hours ago, EmzBee said:

Almost blacked out when they took blood and put my IV in. Looks like fluids, a Vitamin top up and a stricture test for me.

So sorry to hear that, EmzBee. We will be thinking of you, and please let us know how things go.

Thank you!

I've been in hospital overnight on fluids. Surgeon saw me this morning -- he thinks it's probably *not* a stricture... but we'll just be checking to make sure.
It's weird, though, because my dietician said I shouldn't be vomiting this far out, and I still have periods of being fairly restricted.
I guess because of my mental health problems I get a bit sensitive about the suggestion of things being 'all in my head'. I'm usually one to stick things out until they're unbearable, so even being in hospital for a little thing like vomiting all the food I've tried to eat for days feels like I'm making a deal out of nothing... bleh.
Guess there's no solution for this but to hurry up and wait...

3 hours ago, EmzBee said:

Thank you!

I've been in hospital overnight on fluids. Surgeon saw me this morning -- he thinks it's probably *not* a stricture... but we'll just be checking to make sure.
It's weird, though, because my dietician said I shouldn't be vomiting this far out, and I still have periods of being fairly restricted.
I guess because of my mental health problems I get a bit sensitive about the suggestion of things being 'all in my head'. I'm usually one to stick things out until they're unbearable, so even being in hospital for a little thing like vomiting all the food I've tried to eat for days feels like I'm making a deal out of nothing... bleh.

Thinking of you on the other side of the world, EmzBee!

On 06/25/2019 at 16:07, EmzBee said:

Thank you!

Thanks for the update and I hope they find answers for you soon and get you back to feeling better.

Okay so this last week has been frustrating, but I’m working my way through it.

Honestly I get so frustrated at my self-perceived lack of progress, but then I see some struggles that some of you guys are going through and I realize that I’m lucky that I’m not battling constant nausea or other problem.

This week I decided to focus on higher Protein, higher Water intake and trying my best to tell myself that the positive actions I take today don’t necessarily show up on the scale tomorrow.

They might take 1-2 weeks to show.

Weighed myself again this morning and the pound I gained over the weekend is now down by 0.6, so I’m “only” up 0.4 pounds from Saturday.

*sigh*.

Each day I’m vowing to do the best I can in this program and allow that I can’t always control how my body responds.
At the end of the day all I can really control are the behaviors and my response to what my body decides to do.

This isn’t a sprint, it’s a marathon

No Barium swallow 'till tomorrow, so I'm on ward leave at home, trying to get as much Fluid in as possible.

Going back tonight. Hubster is suuper-stressed right now. Not really about me, more about his own stuff -- but it all adds up. My goal for the day is to hold down the fort, hang out some washing, and try to do the things that will take the most pressure/stress off the both of us.

I hate being in the no man's land of not knowing how things will go, but that's reality at the moment, and I'm having to remind myself that it's important just to focus on keeping my stress and anxiety levels in check.

I'm still loosing! Even after pumping me full of 2L of fluids. I've got less than half a pound to go to break 200. Anyone got any great ideas about how to Celebrate once this hospital hiccup is all over?? I'm thinking of going to see the baby otters at the zoo or trying out a roller coaster I can fit on now! 🙂 Got to keep the positive ideas and energy flowing! We've all come so, so far ❤️

The otters! Definitely the otters. I love seeing those guys. You can't but help smiling when you see them play. I wish you luck with your test. I know you must be very stressed. Stay strong and think positive!

On 06/26/2019 at 19:16, EmzBee said:

No Barium swallow 'till tomorrow, so I'm on ward leave at home, trying to get as much Fluid in as possible.

Going back tonight. Hubster is suuper-stressed right now. Not really about me, more about his own stuff -- but it all adds up. My goal for the day is to hold down the fort, hang out some washing, and try to do the things that will take the most pressure/stress off the both of us.

I hate being in the no man's land of not knowing how things will go, but that's reality at the moment, and I'm having to remind myself that it's important just to focus on keeping my stress and anxiety levels in check.

I'm still loosing! Even after pumping me full of 2L of fluids. I've got less than half a pound to go to break 200. Anyone got any great ideas about how to Celebrate once this hospital hiccup is all over?? I'm thinking of going to see the baby otters at the zoo or trying out a roller coaster I can fit on now! 🙂 Got to keep the positive ideas and energy flowing! We've all come so, so far ❤️

I love otters but I went last weekend and did the roller coasters... Woohoo fun stuff and 19 k steps in the process. Watch some otter videos and do the rides!

3 hours ago, EmzBee said:

EmzBee, you've been doing so well in your weight loss, but apparently at a huge cost to your overall well-being. We are all hoping that they are able to resolve this so you can start to feel better. By the way, I had a barium swallow when the were diagnosing my leak way back when, and it wasn't bad all--actually tasteless.

As for the celebration, I vote for pampering yourself with a day at a spa.

On 06/26/2019 at 21:22, Recidivist said:

EmzBee, you've been doing so well in your weight loss, but apparently at a huge cost to your overall well-being. We are all hoping that they are able to resolve this so you can start to feel better. By the way, I had a barium swallow when the were diagnosing my leak way back when, and it wasn't bad all--actually tasteless.

As for the celebration, I vote for pampering yourself with a day at a spa.

Ooh yes! Nothing like a good mani/pedi or a rejuvenating facial to make you feel better.

Besides, it’s more fun to do those things now with a slimmer more confident you

Oh I have a funny story to tell:
My daughter and I both work for the same retailer at different stores. I’m a pharmacist, she’s a pharmacy technician.
Since pharmacy is such a small world, all of us know each other/talk daily on the phone/keep up on social media.
Also our jobs are 100% standing on feet.
Last week my daughter severely sprained her ankle and is in a walking boot and I brought up a bar stool from home so she can sit part of the time and be able to return to work.

Anyway, it’s the first time since about a week after surgery that I saw the pharmacist that works at her store and he didn’t recognize me!

Now granted, I was on my way to Pilates and had on yoga clothes, no make-up, and my hair in a ponytail, but he literally looked me directly in the face and said, “hello ma’am, how can I help you.”
This is someone I’ve known for 7 years and who knows my voice instantly on the phone.

The moment I laughed and held up the bar stool I could see recognition dawning on his face and the reaction was priceless!
It was genuine shock and he confessed the next day on the phone that it was the sound of my voice/laughter (not even me holding the bar stool clued him in) as to who I even was.

So...... even though I feel as if I’m having a rough time lately with success on the scale, this was a great ego boost!

On 6/24/2019 at 10:59 PM, EmzBee said:

Almost blacked out when they took blood and put my IV in. Looks like fluids, a Vitamin top up and a stricture test for me.

OMG!!!! I haven’t read through all the rest of the recent posts so maybe there’s an update but please let us know what’s going on! I am so sorry