Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

On 06/16/2019 at 20:20, Recidivist said:

So, I am now 3 months and three weeks post-surgery, and I weigh 167. That's a loss of 83 pounds from my original weight and a loss of 70 pounds since surgery. And my goal weight is 150--just 17 more pounds to lose. I'm flabbergasted at how quickly the weight has come off (and I'm hoping my saggy skin will start to catch up).

Ladies, please bear in mind that men lose weight much more quickly than women, so don't hate me.

This will sound like a weird thing to say, but I'm a bit concerned that I might lose too much and start to look emaciated. At this rate, I'll be at my goal weight at about six months post-surgery--and then what? I suppose we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, and I could certainly figure out how to increase my calories. 🙂

Oh no hate here. I’m happy you’re going to hit goal fairly soon. I mean, we all need trailblazers to show us the way and my age, gender, starting BMI, and lifelong history of being a very slow loser are all factors I was aware of coming into this whole thing.
I definitely won’t get there fast, but I will get there. It will be nice to have people standing at the finish line welcoming me home.

On 06/16/2019 at 20:18, EmzBee said:

Totally wish I had a "normal" weight to work off.

I blame puberty! Haha 😂

*sigh* this is probably one of those 'don't have expectations of your body, just let it do its thing, it will tell you when it's where it wants to be' things, isn't it?

I'm such a control freak, though! I NEeEeEeEeEd to know what's going to happen so I can prepare myself! Lol.

I battle these demons all of the time.
I have such a difficult time sitting back and letting life happen to me most of the time, but this time I’m making a conscious effort to relax a bit more and let it come.

Some days I completely lose this battle, but I’m aware it is an issue and I’m working on it.
Just today I bought 2 new pairs of shorts because we’re going on a family trip next month to New Orleans and I realized I had zero shorts that still fit me.
I purposely bought both of them slightly snug so I really hope they fit in a few weeks.
It’s so hard to try to guess what the body will do next month but I’m such a control freak that it was making me absolutely crazy knowing that I had no clothes for the upcoming trip.

I had lost and gained weight so many times In my life starting at age 12 with kiddie weight watchers! No matter what age I don’t feel over weight at 140 even if it has said I was on old weight charts in the past. I have been an exercise fanatic off and on as well and have always had some fair amount of muscle tone that was covered up in 100 lbs of excess fat for a long while now .. I’m determined to be at goal at 150 at 5 feet 4” even if it’s still considered over weight because at 55 years old even at 167 my face is starting to look too thin as well as my legs and even with weight training I don’t seem to be able to put the muscle back in my legs to make myself look proportionate to my 55 year old mid section of a woman who gave birth and stretched her skin out... my 4 th child will be entering college so there is nothing in the budget for skin removal as well.. if I can’t tone it I’ll fake tan it and learn to accept my progress that’s not leading to my idea of my perfection.

Edited by Carrot64

I had my surgery February 28th. I had a gastric sleeve!

@EmzBee...

Here is my food log for the day. Under 25 gm carbs, but I’m hoping to do better tomorrow.

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

image-0.0019073486328125.jpg

Ugh..... I hate that my photo cut off the info at the top of the app.
Here is the daily breakdown.....

image-0.00309944152832031.jpg

1 hour ago, Sheribear68 said:

Omg you've hardly eaten anything! I feel like I pig put compared to this.

I'm able to eat more and have to keep myself in check and be vigilant. I can't eat a lot at one sitting, but I can see bad habits wanting to cone back.

You inspire me to do better! Way to go!

2 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

I don't have a marco breakdown, but here's what I consumed yesterday. I am embarrassed about how much of my diet is coffee, but hey.

Blue top milk coffee, barista style

1/2 Bullet coffee (butter + coconut oil added)

1/4 of a bill-tong bier-stick (regurgitated, only about 10g but my stomach sucks sometimes)

A cheese stick

An Optifast shake

A coffee with a little cream added

Greek yogurt pot -- coffee and cacao nib

A coffee with a splodge lacto-free milk (because that's all we had on hand)

A couple bits of roast lamb... probably about 20g, and I felt sick afterwards.

500ml Water

I tend to stick to liquids on days when I feel super restricted, like yesterday. I KNOW I shouldn't be drinking so much coffee... but because sugary drinks (even low sugar drinks) are more or less out, coffee is, like, liquid heaven. It's also the middle of winter here - sun's down around 6 pm, it's cold, I've lost almost 100 pounds so I'm cold all. the. time.

Aaaaaaannnd that's my list of excuses for how poor my diet is. Lol.

Hi

image-0.0269412994384766.jpg

Hello

image-0.00703334808349609.jpg

Hmmm

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

image-0.00393390655517578.jpg

image-0.00393390655517578.jpg

On 6/16/2019 at 10:13 AM, froufrou said:

I think mine has a LOT to do with Perimenopause, which I'm sure I am in the throes of. Fun times! lol

Same. I’m 42. I’m On the younger side but I’m definitely having the symptoms

On 6/16/2019 at 1:09 AM, Sheribear68 said:

Wow! 121?
Lol, I think I was over that from the age of 12 when I grew 5 inches in a year to my current height of 5’7”. 🤣🤣

I did weigh in this morning at 185.2 though which means I’m now just 40 pounds from goal weight.

It’s been so long since I’ve been this close. My old college weight was 135, but I’m steadfastly telling myself that I’m no longer 22 years old and therefore my sleeve can’t reverse 28 years worth of time.

Please bear in mind I’m only 5 feet tall!

3 minutes ago, Everythinganna said:

Same. I’m 42. I’m On the younger side but I’m definitely having the symptoms

It can go on for years - I'm 49 now and I've been going through peri menopause for so long. I think I'm in the final stretch! lol!

7 minutes ago, froufrou said:

It can go on for years - I'm 49 now and I've been going through peri menopause for so long. I think I'm in the final stretch! lol!

Some days I just feel like crap. Yesterday was one of those days. I am still getting used to my sleeve, my back was on fire yesterday, and I get cramps periodically. I have been so busy I have not had time to go to the doctor but that will be one of my next goals. I have a mass in my abdomen that they have determined is a granular from my C-sections. It hurts like hell sometimes! Some days all three of my problems are firing off at once and that was yesterday. And if I try to take pain meds for my back they make me sick to my stomach. Oh the joys! I feel so much better today though.