Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

On 05/31/2019 at 20:42, Recidivist said:

Hey everyone! I got back from the Alaska cruise yesterday, during which I turned 60. If you haven't seen it before, I cannot recommend Alaska highly enough!

I basically stuck to the program during the cruise, with some minor "cheats"--lobster with drawn butter, crab with drawn butter, shrimp scampi with butter, and several high-protein dishes that probably contained more fat than I should be eating. Of course, all the portions were very small. I didn't drink at all and ate essentially no carbs. It honestly didn't feel like much of a hardship not to stuff myself at the buffet.

The best news of all is that I came back seven pounds lighter. I'm thrilled, particularly after stalled for a couple of weeks recently.

Lol! You most more weight on a cruise than I lost in the whole month of May!
Gonna show this to my husband and insist we go on a cruise soon. 🤣🤣
Great job and congrats.

Honestly the increase fat may have helped short term. Sometimes I bump up my fat intake when I’m feeling the need to eat more and it’s a complete appetite crusher.

On 05/31/2019 at 19:54, froufrou said:

I ate more than usually can... not sure why. I had a grilled cheese sandwich :( I feel dreadful now. It's just shown me I need to get some help for this. Must find a therapist.

Well I’m sorry that you went through this but thrilled that you’re going to pursue therapy.
Keep up with the head work and the rest will follow.

The mind has to catch up to the body I suppose . Had RNY surgery February 4th and did the liver shrinking diet 2 weeks before , all in all I’ve lost 66 lbs. and have been feeling great. Just a few minor issues but over all I regret NOTHING. Last night thoooough.. had just a little pity party for myself with the jiggly bits and wrinkly parts getting ready to go out with hubby . I have to realize I have 40lbs to go but I’m WAY past half way and I am not 16 anymore, or 29, or 40.. and I’m going to have some extra skin.. weight training soon and hey , I said before .. if ya can’t tone it , tan it.. Jergen’s self tanner and bronzer in one that is.. only down fall, that craps messy as hell.. anyhoo, you are all my sunshine and I wish you all happiness. Health and great success on you’re journeys!

I used the Patches when I first had my Sleeve done my Blood Work came back Beautiful.Im a Year out I take 1 chewable when I wake up then another about 20 Minutes later seems to Work .Im -85 lbs feel like my old self again .FYI there will be Weeks were you won’t lose a lb but will lose inches don’t be discouraged.

Oh goodness wrinkly skin update: Today I tried out a higher level Pilates class and for the most part I don’t regret the decision. I was pushed to do a few things and did them (if not as elegantly as some of my thinner classmates).
I did have an amusing-not-so-amusing moment when I was doing some side planks and got distracted by the wrinkly skin on the inside of my upper arm!
I was like “holy moly that skin makes me look old, but look at all that loose skin!”

20 hours ago, Carrot64 said:

The mind has to catch up to the body I suppose . Had RNY surgery February 4th and did the liver shrinking diet 2 weeks before , all in all I’ve lost 66 lbs. and have been feeling great. Just a few minor issues but over all I regret NOTHING. Last night thoooough.. had just a little pity party for myself with the jiggly bits and wrinkly parts getting ready to go out with hubby . I have to realize I have 40lbs to go but I’m WAY past half way and I am not 16 anymore, or 29, or 40.. and I’m going to have some extra skin.. weight training soon and hey , I said before .. if ya can’t tone it , tan it.. Jergen’s self tanner and bronzer in one that is.. only down fall, that craps messy as hell.. anyhoo, you are all my sunshine and I wish you all happiness. Health and great success on you’re journeys!

We are surgery twins! Plus we both have kids with autism! Sounds like you are doing an amazing job 🙌

21 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Well I’m sorry that you went through this but thrilled that you’re going to pursue therapy.
Keep up with the head work and the rest will follow.

Thank you ❤️

10 hours ago, froufrou said:

We are surgery twins! Plus we both have kids with autism! Sounds like you are doing an amazing job 🙌

I too have a child (son) on the autism spectrum. He's graduating from high school on June 11. Seriously, I never felt this day would come. He's really done it--by the grace of God!

1 hour ago, Gottajustdoit said:

I too have a child (son) on the autism spectrum. He's graduating from high school on June 11. Seriously, I never felt this day would come. He's really done it--by the grace of God!

My boy is graduating on the 15th.. what a small world! When I think of how far he’s come I’m overwhelmed and of course pretty scared for his future but at least he’ll have his mom longer and healthier

Much love to them all! I am something for years denied, I am a female Aspergers so they have a God-aunt also on the spectrum, The positive affirmation I finally received from a professional was freeing, you see for many tears I was told I was weird, I wasn't 5rying hard enough to fit in, I wasn't " normal" lf that means neurotypical, nope I am not. Even had 2 paternal cousins tell me to kill myself because I was of no use to anyone. So I turned to something that wouldn't critisise,-- food. See I had an extra. incentive to grow obese, So I involuted, became more "shy", read extensively, like many others I became super-learned,in some areas. Mine was Medicine, still a Medical feel even today. Found a positive mor acceptable way to stim, rocking chairs. Often super-sensitive to touch and tight clothing items. When my lymphedema flared a therapist had the Bright(well she thought so) Idea to wrap me legs fairly tightly with elastic Bandages. No No No, don't do that to a Spectrum, person! Oh it was bad, very BAD. Another troubling thing is sound, if you would interview my kids they would bafdurm that I would say" I can't hear" this truly meant There is Too much sensatory stimyou an I cannot center,on which conversation to,listen to , quietly one at a time. So you see , like many female auties I have learned. to "pass" , but know ME little better and it will be evident, hard to for me to wait my turn in conversations, people got irritated often, but I didn't intrinsically know!.Besides if it was something that interested me, I wanted to share my insights, So mine may be more subtle, but they still are there. Made Silly Kitty upset recently, accused me of highjacking someone else's thread, did not see that way to me but laid low on her favorite topics and threads, maybe it will still end up okay?

56 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

Much love to them all! I am something for years denied, I am a female Aspergers so they have a God-aunt also on the spectrum, The positive affirmation I finally received from a professional was freeing, you see for many tears I was told I was weird, I wasn't 5rying hard enough to fit in, I wasn't " normal" lf that means neurotypical, nope I am not. Even had 2 paternal cousins tell me to kill myself because I was of no use to anyone. So I turned to something that wouldn't critisise,-- food. See I had an extra. incentive to grow obese, So I involuted, became more "shy", read extensively, like many others I became super-learned,in some areas. Mine was Medicine, still a Medical feel even today. Found a positive mor acceptable way to stim, rocking chairs. Often super-sensitive to touch and tight clothing items. When my lymphedema flared a therapist had the Bright(well she thought so) Idea to wrap me legs fairly tightly with elastic Bandages. No No No, don't do that to a Spectrum, person! Oh it was bad, very BAD. Another troubling thing is sound, if you would interview my kids they would bafdurm that I would say" I can't hear" this truly meant There is Too much sensatory stimyou an I cannot center,on which conversation to,listen to , quietly one at a time. So you see , like many female auties I have learned. to "pass" , but know ME little better and it will be evident, hard to for me to wait my turn in conversations, people got irritated often, but I didn't intrinsically know!.Besides if it was something that interested me, I wanted to share my insights, So mine may be more subtle, but they still are there. Made Silly Kitty upset recently, accused me of highjacking someone else's thread, did not see that way to me but laid low on her favorite topics and threads, maybe it will still end up okay?

I’m inspired by you ... with 1 in 58 people on the spectrum its time we all learn about ASD and it’s beauty and stop looking at it as a darn diagnosis and instead as a unique quality like blue eyes or curly hair. I listen to lectures by Eustacia Cutler ( Temple Grandin’s mom) and it helped me with embracing autism as a gift but she also helped me realize I’m trying to protect him I was holding him back... good luck to you and you are , as I sad , an inspiration,

14 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

Thank you for sharing your insights!

So how is everyone doing this week? Seems like we’ve all gotten pretty quiet lately.