Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

The three month stall is real! I have been averaging 4-5lbs per week since surgery day and alas this past week only 1.2lbs

18 hours ago, EmzBee said:

Hey Mishu!

I haven't seen you here before - welcome!

Man, I really wish I had all the answers you're looking for, but really I'm just muddling through -- getting some stuff right and other stuff wrong -- just like everyone else.

I've had some issues with hunger and I've 'grazed' and eaten when I shouldn't. I'm by no means perfect, so every now and then I sit down and look through what I should be eating and make a plan to try to get back on track. (That being said, yesterday I had honey-roasted nuts for lunch! Not the greatest choice. Doh!)

Do you have the support of a nutritionist? And/or a psychologist? Might be good to seek some advice and support from people with the right skills/knowledge. This is our shot to turn things around, it's up to us to make the most of it.

Wishing you success! ❤️

Thanks EmzBee for your reply. I agree we have to make the best out of this. I took the lap band for granted and after 8 years old habits started creeping back and I ended up gaining most of the weight back. Now that I have a second chance on this I am willing to fight for it. I met my surgeon today and he actually suggested that I join a support group with a psychologist.

18 hours ago, sallie Lindsey said:

Try increasing h20 Mishu

On some days I don't drink much Water. I think I do need to keep track of my water intake. thanks for your reply Lindsey.

I'm becoming worried. Coming up in my 3rd month anniversary. I feel like I may be having transfer addiction.

What do I do?

Mishu I am a revision from sleeve to rny and am constantly questioning what is the best path to insure success. I just can’t help feeling like we need to keep calories/carbs very low to be successful after failing one surgery already. It’s scary for sure.

Just now, taylormomto6 said:

Gaby, what transfer addiction are you experiencing?

Oh lord. I forgot to write it. I'm embarrassed. shopping.

2 minutes ago, taylormomto6 said:

Gaby, what transfer addiction are you experiencing?

I'm spending every day. Doesn't matter what. I'm buying groceries and clothes for everyone. I think I'm becoming reckless. Today is my first day not shopping in probably over a month.

2 hours ago, EmzBee said:

Three month Surgiversary photos!

First photo is from late September when I was about my biggest. Around 138kgs (305 pounds)

Second photo is the morning of surgery - down 18kgs (40 pounds).

Third photo was last night - down 39kgs! (86 pounds!)

biggest.jpg

surgeryday.jpg

threemonth.jpg

You must be feeling so good in those loose-fitting clothes! Your transformation is very obvious. Thanks for posting photos!

Gaby, I’m honestly not sure how to deal with transfer addiction, except I hear learning to meditate can help with dealing with our emotions.

Uggg, I decided to try an experiment by upping carbs and calories a bit since I’ve been keeping everything very low. I’m a bit nervous that if I keep everything this low I’ll have no room to drop further if weight loss stops. So I had 1/4 c of oatmeal (no sugar) and 1/2 sf Greek yogurt for Breakfast. For lunch I had tuna and 1/4 c of Mexican corn and I swear I have felt like I’m staving. I don’t usually snack between meals, so this feeling is unusual for me. I already had cheese/almond/craisen snack thing, 9 carbs, but dabs I feel like I’m shaky and starving already. Clearly I can’t handle 10 carbs at a time I guess....

39 minutes ago, gabybab said:

Oh lord. I forgot to write it. I'm embarrassed. shopping.

I wish I had good advice. Wouldn't it be great if all transference was healthy transference? Are you finding you have more time on your hands? I have resisted shopping until my clothes are literally falling off me as I walk. Not there yet, but I am looking a little lame with oversized dresses. Might I suggest volunteering somewhere? I don't know, I've thought about helping out at an animal rescue. I am not bored, but just feel as if I need to get moving around more. I suppose I'm useless at giving addiction advice because I had my own addition to food. All I can do is offer ideas....sorry! Come to think of it, if I do volunteer at an animal rescue, I'm sure my transfer would be to saving homeless cats and dogs...and then I'd be homeless because we already two dogs and a cat so my husband would kick me out! Maybe if I just say I'm a short-term foster care for the animal..... See I'm already slipping!

2 minutes ago, taylormomto6 said:

Uggg, I decided to try an experiment by upping carbs and calories a bit since I’ve been keeping everything very low. I’m a bit nervous that if I keep everything this low I’ll have no room to drop further if weight loss stops. So I had 1/4 c of oatmeal (no sugar) and 1/2 sf Greek yogurt for Breakfast. For lunch I had tuna and 1/4 c of Mexican corn and I swear I have felt like I’m staving. I don’t usually snack between meals, so this feeling is unusual for me. I already had cheese/almond/craisen snack thing, 9 carbs, but dabs I feel like I’m shaky and starving already. Clearly I can’t handle 10 carbs at a time I guess....

It may not be the best advice, but whenever I am starving, I suck on sugar-free hard candy. Now, don't overdue it or you'll have bad cramping and possibly diarrhea, but for me, it does take my mind of wanting to eat something every once in a while. Also, what you had today is not that much. I snack on salt & vinegar almonds and green olives throughout the day. Funny how I'm feeling a lot hungrier these past few days. I'm wondering if we are at a new stage????

38 minutes ago, Gottajustdoit said:

I wish I had good advice. Wouldn't it be great if all transference was healthy transference? Are you finding you have more time on your hands? I have resisted shopping until my clothes are literally falling off me as I walk. Not there yet, but I am looking a little lame with oversized dresses. Might I suggest volunteering somewhere? I don't know, I've thought about helping out at an animal rescue. I am not bored, but just feel as if I need to get moving around more. I suppose I'm useless at giving addiction advice because I had my own addition to food. All I can do is offer ideas....sorry! Come to think of it, if I do volunteer at an animal rescue, I'm sure my transfer would be to saving homeless cats and dogs...and then I'd be homeless because we already two dogs and a cat so my husband would kick me out! Maybe if I just say I'm a short-term foster care for the animal..... See I'm already slipping!

Lol. I understand. We can only offer advice to each other.

I definitely need to get it under control. I'm buying my daughter and her family food and gifts, which I normally do to some extent. I'm making poor choices lately and need to go to a support group. I definitely can't overeat at this point, so I guess it goes somewhere.

I think I will look into volunteering, it is a really goo idea!

1 hour ago, Gottajustdoit said:

You must be feeling so good in those loose-fitting clothes! Your transformation is very obvious. Thanks for posting photos!

Wow! You look great & it shows!💗