Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

1 hour ago, EmzBee said:

Froufrou,

I vomit clear mucus. Until I gave up on food (more or less), I would vomit after food, all the food in my pouch plus around 1/3 to 1/2 cup clear mucus.

As an example, on Saturday I picked the cheese and crust off of a bread roll. Spent the next 10mins on my hands and knees on the floor vomiting that mixed with mucus.

Maybe you have a potential stricture? Seems strange that you'd vomit mucus without food, though... Obviously the food is going somewhere!

Sending you a big hug!

Sent from my CPH1719 using BariatricPal mobile app

I have been wondering if I have a stricture for a while, but yes... the food goes down, so I'm really confused. It's like the mucus comes up and maybe a bit of food, but sometimes none. It's mainly about half a cup or so of mucus (sorry to be graphic!) and I then feel better once it's come up and like I have more room in my pouch.

I'm seeing my surgeon on Wednesday, so we'll see what he has to say. It's so weird!

That's terrible that you haven't been able to keep food down :(

Frou Frou - Woke up this morning wondering how you’re doing after reading your posts. I hope you get some answers soon. I get nauseated after everything I eat. Sometimes it is brief and other times it lingers but nothing like you’re describing so I would definitely say there’s something going on. Please keep us posted.

Thank you to everyone for the Vitamin recommendations. I have a terrible time with Vitamins as they make me very sick. Occasionally I take Flintstones but when I chew them they get stuck in my teeth and if I can’t go brush my teeth immediately after they gross me out. I’m pretty negligent about vitamins all together so I’ve been trying to improve my diet in the last few days.

Up note - I finally lost that half pound I needed to get to the -30 pounds mark. I am going on three months from surgery now and I have lost 30 pounds total which includes my pre-op diet. Talk about some slow weight loss! At least I’m in the -30 club now.

Haven’t posted for a while but I was on vacation in Europe for a week then had my brothers wedding this weekend. I am literally eating and drinking anything at this point and I just hit 71 lbs lost (surgery feb 12)

Everythinganna I’ve been bad with the booze as well but lately I’m noticing how much Water it takes me to replenish and it’s *kind of making me slow it down. I’m still keeping a Protein Shake for breakfast and a nice Protein rich lunch but after work there is usually a Bloody Mary or glass of wine at home with some cheat foods. I just can’t seem to eat enough to not lose weight at this point

A massive milestone for me today... finally I'm double-(metric)-digits!

99.9! 38 kilos lost, 84 pounds. Almost three months down and my surgeon says I'll reach my goal of 84kgs no problem. I have to admit, it's a little scary! But it's awesome. I never thought I'd be this light again... I never thought I'd be lighter than my husband (I am now!). If you'd talked to me in November last year, I would have told you that I'd given up hope on ever being able to get pregnant.

What a crazycakes journey we're all on!

SEVENTY ( did I spell that right - looks weird ?) ONE POUNDS!?!? That is more than double my loss! Let’s toast to that!!!

1 minute ago, EmzBee said:

99.9! 38 kilos lost, 84 pounds. Almost three months down and my surgeon says I'll reach my goal of 84kgs no problem. I have to admit, it's a little scary! But it's awesome. I never thought I'd be this light again... I never thought I'd be lighter than my husband (I am now!). If you'd talked to me in November last year, I would have told you that I'd given up hope on ever being able to get pregnant.

EIGHTY FOUR?!? HOLY...! you guys blazed past me! Congratulations!

This is crazy. Yes I drink some wine. You got me, I admit it. But dude - I can barely eat! Made one egg for breakfast. It was gross so I didn’t finish it. Had some turkey sausage with it - maybe 3-4 pcs. For lunch I “had” a pub sandwich but I tore off all the bread. I ate MAYBE four bites of that (just the meat and cheese) and got the nausea going on. Then for a snack this afternoon I had two pieces of turkey Jerky and I’m talking about small pieces. For dinner I’ll probably have three bites of something or another. This is pretty average for me. I’m not eating fettuccine Alfredo and breadsticks at Olive Garden. I’m eating average food. I dislike sweets so I don’t need anything like that at all. I’m losing like half a pound a week! Should I be disappointed here? I mean I’m not… but WTH?

#jealousy #congrats #whynotme

I’m kidding y’all. I’m so proud of TeamFebruary!!! You guys are an inspiration!!! Keep up the great work!!

I’m kidding y’all. I’m so proud of TeamFebruary!!! You guys are an inspiration!!! Keep up the great work!!
Hehe, Anna!
This journey's bloody frustrating sometimes!! Do keep in mind that I started out almost twice your size, I was that crazy-person who went on Optifast about 3 weeks early, and I've been throwing up most of what I eat (even if I ate as little as you did, I wouldn't be able to keep it all down).
In all likelihood you'll always be smaller than me. And if I could take a magic pill that would get me to where you are now? By hokey It'd be gone before I could swallow!!
#mygoalweightisyourstartweight [emoji13]

Sent from my CPH1719 using BariatricPal mobile app

I got you! And I do feel selfish for complaining. For some reason I thought I would slap down $10,000 in cash (major sacrifice!) and be skinny by my birthday (On Friday- yeah!). I’ve always been the laziest quick fix person which is why I took diet pills for 20 years... I am thankful for of the journey... and the progress! So proud of you and thank you for the perspective!! #iwillstopnow-lol

3 hours ago, EmzBee said:

Fantastic, Emzbee--I'm really proud of you! However, I do hope you can start feeling better AND keep losing weight.

I now weigh one pound less than my partner, which I never would have believed possible. Total crazycakes! 🙂

On 05/07/2019 at 18:31, Everythinganna said:

I got you! And I do feel selfish for complaining. For some reason I thought I would slap down $10,000 in cash (major sacrifice!) and be skinny by my birthday (On Friday- yeah!). I’ve always been the laziest quick fix person which is why I took diet pills for 20 years... I am thankful for of the journey... and the progress! So proud of you and thank you for the perspective!! #iwillstopnow-lol

This is quite profound.
So many of us want a quick fix and then go back to the same behaviors that got us needing bariatric surgery to start with.
As frustrating as my loss is at times, I’m glad it’s going a bit slower because my brain gets the opportunity to catch up with my body.
It’s also a great opportunity (lol, I know this sounds a bit like corporate-speak) to develop and hone new behaviors and habits.

Anna.... I’ve seen you identify some trouble spots, address them, then go on to success.
Kudos for that because it’s a great step in the right direction.

I’m so very sorry that some of us are still battling extreme nausea and I’m hoping and praying that everyone here gets answers to all of their health issues soon.

To you guys who are smashing your goals: CONGRATS!!!!!!!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

I’m excited because tomorrow marks my 90 day surgiversary.
Gonna Celebrate by weighing in and having hubs take progress pics.

Non scale victories “I have hip bones”????🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 5/7/2019 at 7:00 AM, Everythinganna said:

Frou Frou - Woke up this morning wondering how you’re doing after reading your posts. I hope you get some answers soon. I get nauseated after everything I eat. Sometimes it is brief and other times it lingers but nothing like you’re describing so I would definitely say there’s something going on. Please keep us posted.

Thank you Anna - I appreciate you thinking of me. I'm doing ok now... for now. Well done on that milestone!

I briefly reached one of mine yesterday... scale said I was down to 265, which makes it 100 loss. BUT, of course today I have bounced back up a pound. I guess I dared to keep some food down yesterday.