Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

Wish I would have chosen surgery closer to 200 pounds. Being under 200 would be nice. I guess we all have different weights we are trying to lose. Congrats on all your success

On 05/05/2019 at 19:23, Recidivist said:

I had a miserable Saturday--so nauseous that I couldn't eat or take any of my meds. Things are better today, but I'm still a bit queasy. On the plus side, I've lost 2 pounds. After being stalled at 188 for almost a week, I'm now at 186!

So sorry that you’re feeling bad but glad that you broke through a mini stall.

Guys, I’ve heard that another stall comes at 3 months, which is making me a bit nervous seeing as I hit my 3 month anniversary in 2 days...... 😱

6 minutes ago, Gottajustdoit said:

Any idea why you had all that nausea? Can you attribute it to anything? Sounds awful. Congrats on the weightloss. I'm stalled at 189..... Don't want the nausea though. BTW, could you take Zofran? It's a lifesaver for me (the kind that dissolve in your mouth).

No idea what caused it, but I've battled nausea on and off for almost a month. I do have Zofran and have used it frequently, but we were away from home the entire day and I didn't have it!

On 05/05/2019 at 19:32, TheMarine79 said:

Wish I would have chosen surgery closer to 200 pounds. Being under 200 would be nice. I guess we all have different weights we are trying to lose. Congrats on all your success
Well yes, but isn’t it wonderful that you had surgery when you did and you’ve come so far already? I bet you feel so much better in your much smaller body.

I’m still just barely under 200 (196.6 as of this morning) and realize that there are many women out there who would hate themselves at this weight I’m currently at. I however, feel AMAZING at this weight because it’s so much lower than I’ve weighed in over 22 years.

On 05/05/2019 at 19:43, ldawn said:

I didn’t notice until now, but I have gone from extremely obese to just plain ol’ obese!!!
Right now I’m at a BMI of 30.8.
In 2 more points, I get to be merely “overweight”. 🤣🤣🤣

Hi EmzBee--wondered where you went to. Good to hear from you. 81 pounds!!! I can't believe it! So, you ARE losing hair. Are you losing a lot? I am afraid that is still coming for me. [emoji20] How have you been feeling? I get asked that question soooo many times and to be honest, I'm still not feeling "great," but mainly just frustrated with how long it takes me to eat, stomach gurgling after I do eat that feels like hunger pains, some chest discomfort, figuring out what to eat, intestinal distress, etc. I want to say "I feel great" but wonder if I every will. On the bright side, losing 40 lbs has been great. I don't seem to be losing it as fast as y'all but I'm only doing 5,000 steps of exercise a day. Just hoping the scale will continue to be my friend at 1lb or so a week.
Oh, yeah... I'm losing hair. It's hard to quantify, but, like, a good ping-pong sized hairball every time I have a shower and more in between times. Had my hair cut shorter and I dyed it black. Pic attached. Still looks like I have plenty when I puff it up with sea salt spray, but believe me, it's thinning!

I'm feeling okay. I don't get anywhere near my Protein goals - I'm lucky to get 30-45g per day. Lots of what I eat I vomit, so I'm mainly existing on coffee and the odd Protein Shake and maybe one 'meal' (sometimes a handful of peanuts, sometimes half a heaped cup of food). I see my surgeon today, so goodness knows what he'll say about that.

I try to get 7k steps in on a normal day. I have a new position on the executive of Romance Writers of NZ, and I'm practicing being more assertive and less introverted. It's a challenge!

Sounds like you're doing well, gotta! Just have to take this thing one day at a time. We'll get there! [emoji4]IMG20190502113548.jpeg

Sent from my CPH1719 using BariatricPal mobile app

Okay so as I’m winding down for the day, I’m listening to my stomach gurgle and I ate dinner over 2 hours ago.
It used to bother me a ton more than it does now, but I’m getting used to it and thankfully there’s not really a “hungry” feeling associated with the gurgling.

Re stalls: not gonna lie— a stall is the the thing I fear the most. Now that I’ve seen that magical number starting with a 1 I’m scared to get back on the scale.
I know I will in a couple of days, but seeing anything starting with a 2 after working so hard to get to this point will wreck me.
I’m truly hoping since I’ve yet to have a single week with over 3 pounds lost that I’ll avoid a stall.

Recidivist, my goal weight for May 31st is 189. I’m keeping my fingers crossed and working like mad to get in 10 pounds/month. I was lucky in April because I dropped 11.6.

I’ve got to admit that sometimes I feel guilt reading about y’all who aren’t feeling the greatest.
I’m extremely blessed to have a tummy (even a surgically altered one) that just doesn’t get upset all that easily.
All in all, I feel great most of the time and when I don’t, it’s easily attributable to a poor night sleep, stress at work, or not eating/drinking enough and I can fix it fairly easily.
I’m so sorry some of you guys are still feeling bad.

Emzbee!
So glad to see you back and congrats on 81 pounds. That’s a major big deal! The hair will come back. Heck I went a whole year with zero hair when I was on chemo. My best friend is a hair stylist and I had her shave me bald a week before my 3rd round of chemo because that’s when everyone loses their hair.
It mostly came back. Some thinning, but I remind myself that I could be dead with hair or alive with a little less. This is the same except maybe not quite as dramatic.
We will be healthier, thinner, BETTER , and less hairy versions of our old selves 🤣🤣🤣
Yeah, who needs hair anyway? That's why wigs were invented [emoji28][emoji23][emoji23]

Lovely to hear about your journey Sheri. You're smashing it!

@sheribear that does help! I drank my chocolate Protein Shake instead and pretended. Doggone it. We are going to look awesome!

24 minutes ago, EmzBee said:

Oh, yeah... I'm losing hair. It's hard to quantify, but, like, a good ping-pong sized hairball every time I have a shower and more in between times. Had my hair cut shorter and I dyed it black. Pic attached. Still looks like I have plenty when I puff it up with sea salt spray, but believe me, it's thinning!

I'm feeling okay. I don't get anywhere near my Protein goals - I'm lucky to get 30-45g per day. Lots of what I eat I vomit, so I'm mainly existing on coffee and the odd Protein Shake and maybe one 'meal' (sometimes a handful of peanuts, sometimes half a heaped cup of food). I see my surgeon today, so goodness knows what he'll say about that.

I try to get 7k steps in on a normal day. I have a new position on the executive of Romance Writers of NZ, and I'm practicing being more assertive and less introverted. It's a challenge!

Sounds like you're doing well, gotta! Just have to take this thing one day at a time. We'll get there! IMG20190502113548.jpeg

Love that expression on your face! I have similar hair as yours, only blonde, which I highlight, and thinner. I finally made an appointment with my hair stylist because my color is getting drab and roots are showing darker. My hair hasn't grown much at all since surgery and I'm worried that the chemicals she'll be using on my hair will make the hair fall out like crazy BUT it's time to reshape the bob style and freshen the color. Did you notice Hair loss accelerating after you colored your hair? I have been holding out on this appointment but my hair is a hot mess.

On 05/05/2019 at 20:20, Gottajustdoit said:

Goddy222--if it helps....last night I went to Chili's with my husband and daughter. We used to both order the Presidente Margaritas. Last night he ordered one and I had a sip (the first alcohol to pass my lips). It was too salty and I didn't even want another sip. Plus, it sorta burned going down. If you are at the beach with someone, just ask if you can have a taste. It will probably be all you need!

Totally helps! I am sure I would have hated it!

On 05/05/2019 at 20:46, Sheribear68 said:

Right now I’m at a BMI of 30.8.

In 2 more points, I get to be merely “overweight”. 🤣🤣🤣
Now that is already fabulous!

Had my appointment with my surgeon -- he wants me to do a barium swallow to check for strictures.

Anyone else have trouble with strictures?

No, but the fact that you can't keep any food down is probably what's going on. My helpful hint for the barium swallow: plug your nose when drinking the barium. Plugging the nose temporarily "closes off" your taste buds. When I had mine done I did this after surgery...the technicians thought I was whacko but when I told them why, they said "what a great idea"! No one likes drinking that stuff! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

21 hours ago, TheMarine79 said:

I started out low and got jealous of you when you posted that you lost 50 pounds! My weight loss has been very slow. Half a pound to 1 pound a week... You look great!