Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

For the men in the February club: How saggy is your skin? (I ask the men because we lose weight and sag differently from women.) I'm only seven weeks out, and already my stomach is a wrinkled mess that looks like a melting candle, and I'm developing a serious neck wattle. (I caught a glimpse of my next in the rear view mirror today and it frightened me.) I'm still waiting to see what my man-boobs look like when they deflate. I never thought I would do skin removal surgery, but I'm beginning to think I might.

Isn’t it funny how those things work? Today required a bit of schedule struggle.
I worked 6:30-5pm, then had a Pilates class at 6:30.
My opportunity to eat dinner was between 5:30-6, but I had had a late lunch at 2pm.

I ate anyway because I didn’t want dinner after 8pm, and for the first 15 minutes (it was a cardio jump class) I was battling extreme nausea.
I finally was able to push my body through it, but only because of a lifetime of willing myself to not puke.
Throwing up is a severe phobia of mine and I’m pretty dang good at being able to circumvent it.

Just another reminder that our bodies aren’t the same and we have to periodically relearn how to juggle our schedules with a new digestive system.

Hi everyone. Yesterday marked 8 weeks post-op. I'm doing ok and have lost about 44 lbs. However, I have only lost about 2.5 of that in almost 28 days.

I went to the PA last Friday and she said I was where they want me to be. She wants me to exercise and I have not since surgery, other than walking shopping etc.

I'm eating more and am doing about 1000 calories. I asked the PA and she said, yes, that's where you should be.

I'm so worried because I don't want to fail, but 800, like some do, is not enough for me. I eat Protein like I'm supposed to do. I have nibbled a bit, but nothing scary. Is anyone else where I am?

Do I need to cut calories? I can't figure put why I'm not losing more.

Also, anyone with diabetes still having to take medication? I'm averaging about 145 in the morning while taking 8-20 units of insulin only. My endo told me to skip meds if I'm 180 or under for dinner and Breakfast. So far I've only had to take glimeperide one time this week. Hoping it will continue to drop. After surgery it was over 200 for the first month.

Thanks all!

On 4/22/2019 at 7:21 PM, Sheribear68 said:

Also, the honeymoon period varies but I’ve been told anywhere between 8-14 months.

Well this is good news... I don't think I'm going to need that long to get to goal... hopefully.

10 hours ago, gabybab said:

I'm so worried because I don't want to fail, but 800, like some do, is not enough for me. I eat Protein like I'm supposed to do. I have nibbled a bit, but nothing scary. Is anyone else where I am?

Do I need to cut calories? I can't figure put why I'm not losing more.

I don't have any answers, but I just wanted to say that I am having the same struggles as you.

I'm still bouncing around the same few pounds, BUT... I have stopped throwing up! Yay! Haven't done so for 2 or 3 days now. Not sure what has changed... maybe I'm eating slower, maybe eating the right things, and stopping before I get too full. So thankful to have a break from it!

Maybe you have started making teeny tiny steps toward victoryl! Well, goody for you Ms FrouFrou!

Has anyone been prescribed medicine to prevent gall stones? I was and it made me nauseous. I have not been able to eat for a week now. If you are taking medicine is it making you sick?

33 minutes ago, Goody222 said:

Has anyone been prescribed medicine to prevent gall stones? I was and it made me nauseous. I have not been able to eat for a week now. If you are taking medicine is it making you sick?

I was prescribed it as well, and it also made me nauseous. I stopped taking it about 10 days ago.

23 minutes ago, Recidivist said:

I was prescribed it as well, and it also made me nauseous. I stopped taking it about 10 days ago.

How long did you remain nauseous?

1 hour ago, Goody222 said:

How long did you remain nauseous?

It was really bad for about an hour, but I was mildly nauseous most of the time while I was taking it.

2 hours ago, Goody222 said:

Did you just start taking the medicine? I had gastric bypass and had to start taking Ursodial (brand name Actigall) right after I got home, one capsule twice a day, to prevent gall stones. Of course for the first 8 weeks I had to empty the capsules as I couldn't swallow them. Blech. I now can take the capsules whole and I do with as much Water as I can swallow. You have to take it for several months for it to be effective and I've been told to take it for 6 months. I have not had any nausea with it, thankfully. I take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and at night before bed. On the Web it says common side effects include stomach upset, nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, back pain, Hair loss, or cough. Maybe your doctor can prescribe an alternative?

3 hours ago, Gottajustdoit said:

Did you just start taking the medicine? I had gastric bypass and had to start taking Ursodial (brand name Actigall) right after I got home, one capsule twice a day, to prevent gall stones. Of course for the first 8 weeks I had to empty the capsules as I couldn't swallow them. Blech. I now can take the capsules whole and I do with as much Water as I can swallow. You have to take it for several months for it to be effective and I've been told to take it for 6 months. I have not had any nausea with it, thankfully. I take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and at night before bed. On the Web it says common side effects include stomach upset, nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, back pain, Hair loss, or cough. Maybe your doctor can prescribe an alternative?

I started taking it about two weeks ago (six weeks after surgery). I was taking ursodial! I am waiting on my doctor. She said if i can not tolerate it to stop. She did not suggest an alternative. Hoping the nausea ends soon, I can’t even drink more than 16 oz of Water a day . I am not even remotely thinking of eating.

4 hours ago, Recidivist said:

It was really bad for about an hour, but I was mildly nauseous most of the time while I was taking it.

Thank you.

Sounds like a nightmare goody. I had my gallbladder removed two years ago this me the day after my birthday. It was an emergency surgery so gallstones are definitely worth being aware of but I don’t know that I would take medicine that made me sick. You are a trooper.