Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

Sheribear you look amazing! You can definitely see it!

I'm down another pound after my monthly stall and bounce around. I guess this is just the way my body is going to lose weight! Jeans are getting loose now - I had a NSV today and tried on the next size down and they fit.

I can see it as well Sheri! I’ve also had not many people
Make any comments (except mom) but I’m at about 61 lbs lost since Xmas. I’m about to get on a plane to England and Spain for a week holidays and I’ve already told myself
I’m just going to enjoy myself. Of course after a 6lbs weight loss two weeks ago and then a 5lbs week last week my scale is on the stubborn number of 301!!!!

Sheribear, let me join the chorus of those saying how great you look. The difference is quite obvious!

I'm traveling to see family for Easter (none of whom know I had surgery). I know that I'm just "passing through" this weight on my weight to my goal weight, but I thought a few new items were in order. I was wearing a 40 (very tight) or 42 (comfortable) pants before surgery, and I fit relatively easily into a 36 today. Woo-hoo! I was also able to look at "large" shirts, which has far more selection that XL or XXL. This means more to me than the number on the scale!

26 minutes ago, taylormomto6 said:

I finally hit 199.8 after 5 days stuck at 200.1, so I’m happy about that. Only 54.2lbs till goal, lol.

Awesome isn't it??? Hitting a milestone whether it be 299 or 199 is something to really Celebrate.

32 minutes ago, Recidivist said:

Sheribear, let me join the chorus of those saying how great you look. The difference is quite obvious!

I'm traveling to see family for Easter (none of whom know I had surgery). I know that I'm just "passing through" this weight on my weight to my goal weight, but I thought a few new items were in order. I was wearing a 40 (very tight) or 42 (comfortable) pants before surgery, and I fit relatively easily into a 36 today. Woo-hoo! I was also able to look at "large" shirts, which has far more selection that XL or XXL. This means more to me than the number on the scale!

That's awesome!!!!

9 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Okay. So for some reason I’m feeling adventurous and I’m gonna post some pre-surgery and 10 week photos.
The first one is from Christmas Eve. My thin sister ambushed me and took the pic before could protest.
The second set is a recurring monthly now: hubs takes front and profile pics so we can track how the body is changing.

Lol, less than 4 months between these photos and NOBODY has said they’ve noticed a loss. In fact, I had a coworker yesterday ask me did I think I was losing any weight. I was kinda stunned and didn’t really say anything besides “ I’ve lost over 50 pounds since I started this journey”. 😝🤪
Guess maybe the next 50 pounds someone will say something. 🤣🤣

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

image-0.00607967376708984.jpg

Let me just say, these photos are amazing. Thanks for posting! I am shocked that you haven't had more comments about the already drastic weight loss. You can definitely see it in your face and absolutely all over. I do NOT think you look older but I know what you mean. I was following a very popular YouTuber who had gastric bypass and over the course of the year, I felt she looked so much older than she did before the surgery. She looked really good, but the "fluff" was gone in her face (as you mentioned) and it definitely aged her. I told my husband I think I will look older as well (I'm 53) when I lose weight because of my puffy baby cheeks. Someday I will be brave like you and post before and after photos. Looking good! (And welcome to the 50s!)

If I look as hawt as y’all in the fifties then I no longer fear them lol forty one and scared to death of aging but I see now it’s not scary ❤️hats off to u and I how I’m as successful in this journey

12 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Thanks Goody! I was thinking so also, but it’s hard to get outside of yourself sometimes.

People around you must be too shy?! You look amazing and definitely/obviously smaller! I run into folks on campus (hospital) and am asked all the time if I’m ok & followed up with you’re losing weight so hence not being to upset about darn scale progress. You’re (even hotter) Hottie in the making👍🏽

21 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Okay. So for some reason I’m feeling adventurous and I’m gonna post some pre-surgery and 10 week photos.
The first one is from Christmas Eve. My thin sister ambushed me and took the pic before could protest.
The second set is a recurring monthly now: hubs takes front and profile pics so we can track how the body is changing.

Lol, less than 4 months between these photos and NOBODY has said they’ve noticed a loss. In fact, I had a coworker yesterday ask me did I think I was losing any weight. I was kinda stunned and didn’t really say anything besides “ I’ve lost over 50 pounds since I started this journey”. 😝🤪
Guess maybe the next 50 pounds someone will say something. 🤣🤣

image-0.00607967376708984.jpg

How could anybody not notice this!! You look transformed!!

This was lunch yesterday- crunchy broccoli salad. I did not add Protein because I was not really even hungry when I ordered it. It was nice just having some fresh veggies and I ate a surprising amount of it.

D613F235-361D-4237-BA3E-D573B3DBE16C.jpeg

Thanks SO MUCH guys for the kind comments.
It truly does mean the world.
Lol, I dunno why people aren’t saying anything. I think it just goes to show how many of us are just oblivious to our surroundings.
Besides, all of the techs I work with are in their 20’s, so I think many times they see me as that “older” person and it doesn’t register that at this age transformations can happen.

Could be some of my patients don’t want to say anything out of fear of something health wise might be going on. Many people know I battled cancer 10 years ago so there’s that.

Anna!!
That salad looks AMAZING.
All I had time for for lunch was some cottage cheese and a handful of almonds. BOOOOOOOORING.

On 04/18/2019 at 18:43, Recidivist said:

Yes! Newer and more fun clothes are awesome

On 04/18/2019 at 18:47, taylormomto6 said:

I finally hit 199.8 after 5 days stuck at 200.1, so I’m happy about that. Only 54.2lbs till goal, lol.
Nice!
I haven’t weighed since Monday when it was at 205.2. Oh man I hope I don’t get “stuck” right above 200.

Sheri I hope you sail right passed that 200 mark!

My weight loss pattern is so strange. I will lose 3 days in a row, then be stuck the next 4-5 days, then the pattern repeats. It’s annoying but I do still average 3lbs a week.