Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

2 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

You might be right on the whole muscle thing.
I forgot to mention earlier that I worked with my instructor today and was able to do a plank on my reformer! Very empowering strength move and I’m glad I kept trying it.

Hubs and I are also planning a different kind of vacation.
Funny how the focus isn’t on the food as much as it will be about the activities.
We are going to Colorado Springs this June and I booked an Airbnb instead of hotel because I want a kitchen and an outdoor grill so we can eat like we normally do now post-surgery.

I’m doing things like looking at paddle boarding lessons, guided day long nature hikes and mountain yoga classes -most def not what I would’ve been looking at a year ago.
Who would’ve thought I would start to become that annoying fitness person who doesn’t care much about food and wants to go out of her way to find physical activity?

Weird

Gotta and Sheribear, sleeve siblings, we are so much alike! I get compliments about losing weight BUT I only lose a pound a week if I’m lucky (since week 4)? The scale not my friend but I’ll use measuring tape instead. Keep it up. You’re an inspiration.

Lots going on in my life so I am not checking in frequently but read the comments and got caught up to see how everyone has been doing. Sounds like everybody is still losing between one and 3 pounds a week. I am closer to the 1 pound club. I did have to purchase a new swimsuit bottom which I did yesterday at Walmart. My old swimsuits were so stretched out that when I put them on they were gabbing and bagging everywhere and I felt exposed!

I procured myself a fantastic black bikini bottom from good old Walmart to go with my tankini tops. I purchased it in a MEDIUM and waited till I got home to try it on. A little snug but no gapping at all of course and will work fine with my existing tankini tops.

I have not worn a medium in years and I would’ve never reached for it before. Yeah yeah so there’s fat rolling over the top of it but I got the dang thing on.

Success!!!!!

My Vegas trip was canceled and I would not have hit my goal weight by then but I am just trucking along losing my 1 pound a week.

On 04/18/2019 at 02:31, SleevednowAK said:

Gotta and Sheribear, sleeve siblings, we are so much alike! I get compliments about losing weight BUT I only lose a pound a week if I’m lucky (since week 4)? The scale not my friend but I’ll use measuring tape instead. Keep it up. You’re an inspiration.

Measuring tape will be your friend.
In fact, it’s what I went for first this week before I weighed in because I just knew after my 3 pound week last week I’d see a number I didn’t want to see
Good thing, because I’d lost a half inch on my waist and hips and 3/4 inch on my lower abs. I’m very pear-shaped so these are the areas I pay attention to most.
So far nobody’s really said anything about my lost weight which is kinda disappointing, but hopefully soon it will start to be really noticeable

On 04/18/2019 at 05:50, Everythinganna said:

Lots going on in my life so I am not checking in frequently but read the comments and got caught up to see how everyone has been doing. Sounds like everybody is still losing between one and 3 pounds a week. I am closer to the 1 pound club. I did have to purchase a new swimsuit bottom which I did yesterday at Walmart. My old swimsuits were so stretched out that when I put them on they were gabbing and bagging everywhere and I felt exposed!

I procured myself a fantastic black bikini bottom from good old Walmart to go with my tankini tops. I purchased it in a MEDIUM and waited till I got home to try it on. A little snug but no gapping at all of course and will work fine with my existing tankini tops.

I have not worn a medium in years and I would’ve never reached for it before. Yeah yeah so there’s fat rolling over the top of it but I got the dang thing on.

Success!!!!!

My Vegas trip was canceled and I would not have hit my goal weight by then but I am just trucking along losing my 1 pound a week.

Omg a medium! Congrats!!!!!
I bet it felt like I felt being able to pull those size 14 pants on over my butt! And yes.... fat rolls at the top of the pants are what’s going to keep me from wearing them for another 6-8 weeks, but the whole point was to have summer clothes, lol. Gotta keep reminding myself if it fits perfectly now, it won’t by June.
That’s kinda hard for me to do the mental adjustment after a lifetime of diet fails.
Part of my mind is expecting that I’ve just purchased yet another batch of clothing that “just needs 15 pounds” to fit and that will sit in my closet til the end of time.
Don’t worry.... by true summer those fat rolls will be in the rear-view mirror and you’ll be ROCKING that swimsuit.

Lol, I was wearing very very snug size 22’s when February started.

If I recall, you started out with a BMI of just 35%, so I think you’re doing an amazing job.

12 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

In fact, it’s what I went for first this week before I weighed in because I just knew after my 3 pound week last week I’d see a number I didn’t want to see
Good thing, because I’d lost a half inch on my waist and hips and 3/4 inch on my lower abs. I’m very pear-shaped so these are the areas I pay attention to most.
So far nobody’s really said anything about my lost weight which is kinda disappointing, but hopefully soon it will start to be really noticeable

So glad I have this forum with you guys sharing your weight loss journey here. It's a relief to know that I'm not the only one stalling, like a lot. I am making myself crazy. I'm going to go to WM today and buy a measuring tape :-)

I bought one too! Any positive message is welcome.

Okay. So for some reason I’m feeling adventurous and I’m gonna post some pre-surgery and 10 week photos.
The first one is from Christmas Eve. My thin sister ambushed me and took the pic before could protest.
The second set is a recurring monthly now: hubs takes front and profile pics so we can track how the body is changing.

Lol, less than 4 months between these photos and NOBODY has said they’ve noticed a loss. In fact, I had a coworker yesterday ask me did I think I was losing any weight. I was kinda stunned and didn’t really say anything besides “ I’ve lost over 50 pounds since I started this journey”. 😝🤪
Guess maybe the next 50 pounds someone will say something. 🤣🤣

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

image-0.00607967376708984.jpg

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

@sheribear, you really look good. You can really see the loss!

Thanks Goody! I was thinking so also, but it’s hard to get outside of yourself sometimes.

Okay so in the latest installment of “what are you eating today.?” Here is lunch: I love these small bowls I picked up at target and this is salad mix with shredded cheddar and blue cheese crumbles (because...... cheese!), my favorite hot pickles, and a single meatball sliced in half.

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

1 hour ago, Sheribear68 said:

So glad I have this forum with you guys sharing your weight loss journey here. It's a relief to know that I'm not the only one stalling, like a lot. I am making myself crazy. I'm going to go to WM today and buy a measuring tape :-)

sherribear, Wow! You look AWESOME! I'm guessing you also turned 50 this year? I'm a 1968 too. You look very young.

On 04/18/2019 at 11:08, med28thmed said:

sherribear, Wow! You look AWESOME! I'm guessing you also turned 50 this year? I'm a 1968 too. You look very young.

Med28thmed, you’re living in Corpus?! I grew up around there and lived in Corpus most of my adult life. We moved to Tulsa a few years ago.

On 04/18/2019 at 11:08, med28thmed said:

Well thanks! Yep. Turned 50 back in October and that was just another factor in my decision to do this. Ain’t getting any younger and I don’t want to end up a fat old person who is disabled by obesity.
And thanks so much for saying i look young.
One thing I’ve noticed as the fluff is going away is that I look a bit drawn and well.... older looking.
Now that pic was taken at the end of the day after a 12 hr shift, but I feel like I’m looking decidedly older as I lose.
Oh well, I’ll take it because I know I’m healthier every month

15 minutes ago, jenniefeefee said:
40 minutes ago, med28thmed said:

Med28thmed, you’re living in Corpus?! I grew up around there and lived in Corpus most of my adult life. We moved to Tulsa a few years ago.

Small world, You must be missing KIng Seafood, S&J Kolachis and our Taquerias.. lol. We moved to Corpus 12 years ago from San Diego, CA. We love how smaller Corpus is compared to San Diego with 4 million people.

Oh man! I’m definitely missing the taquerias. There’s nothing quite like South Texas Breakfast tacos on a lazy Saturday morning.