Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

Here is the Soup

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

On 03/31/2019 at 14:40, Gottajustdoit said:

Thanks. I wasn't sure I had that much fat, but maybe I did. It's getting very difficult to figure out what to eat. I also am finding small bites so unsatisfying. You get so much more flavor in a bigger bite--the food tastes better. Eating a little very slowly has turned eating into a chore for me. Tomorrow I see the physician's assistant and nutritionist for a follow-up and will have lots to talk about---constipation (still a big issue), constant cramping in my lower abdomen (never goes away), gas (sooooo much of of it--will it ever end?), and eating vs. drinking my Protein (it's so much easier to drink a shake then figuring out how to get enough in small amounts of food).

PLEASE let us know what the answers to those questions were! It’s like you read my mind

On 03/30/2019 at 19:11, Gottajustdoit said:

The scale is a hater. On Tuesday, I took my daughter to Texas to look at four schools. We were go, go, go every day and I averaged almost 14,000 steps a day treking all over college campuses. We just got back from the airport and I weighed myself. Down a measly 2 ounces. Seriously!!!!!!! How can that be? I am so disappointed. My deductive reasoning is telling me that exercise does NOT pay off. Harumph!

I spent the weekend away as well with no scale. Played golf Saturday, baseball and basketball today, diet was so so but got home to the scale and only .5lbs loss! The scale doesn’t care what you do it’s gonna drop about 3 lbs on a random Tuesday when you just had a little cheat ;) keep your head up

54 minutes ago, Dubchild said:

I spent the weekend away as well with no scale. Played golf Saturday, baseball and basketball today, diet was so so but got home to the scale and only .5lbs loss! The scale doesn’t care what you do it’s gonna drop about 3 lbs on a random Tuesday when you just had a little cheat ;) keep your head up

Sooooooo true. That was last night. This morning, first thing, I weighed myself again. I'm finally ONEder Woman! Feels ONEderful! I miraculously lost 2 lbs overnight. Scale is forgiven 🙂

58 minutes ago, Dubchild said:
1 hour ago, Gottajustdoit said:

Thanks. I wasn't sure I had that much fat, but maybe I did. It's getting very difficult to figure out what to eat. I also am finding small bites so unsatisfying. You get so much more flavor in a bigger bite--the food tastes better. Eating a little very slowly has turned eating into a chore for me. Tomorrow I see the physician's assistant and nutritionist for a follow-up and will have lots to talk about---constipation (still a big issue), constant cramping in my lower abdomen (never goes away), gas (sooooo much of of it--will it ever end?), and eating vs. drinking my Protein (it's so much easier to drink a shake then figuring out how to get enough in small amounts of food).

PLEASE let us know what the answers to those questions were! It’s like you read my mind

Will do---but I have a feeling my nutrionist will be like "It depends. Every person is different." LoL. In the past she has answered a lot of my questions that way. I am just hoping that everything just evens out at some point and I feel more normal about eating.

Okay so I got on the scale this morning and had a 2.4 pound loss for the week.

The positive: Another week gone by and I haven’t hit another stall
The negative: yet another week with “meh” results for the amount of work I feel like I’ve put into it.
Today I started drinking Water like a maniac and will continue to do so all week.
One week I’m gonna see something more than 3 measly pounds. In the meantime, I will continue not to work hard and not have any cheats and hope the scale gives me one of those miracle losses one week.

Edited to add:  so far my post-surgery loss is 33 pounds. 

Starting weight: 259
Surgery date: 244
Current weight: 211

Okay. @Dubchild and anyone else who loves variety and FLAVOR!

Found this at my local Asian market and it is sooooooo good.

Hardly any carbs and just a couple of pieces alongside a couple ounces Protein is completely satisfying

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

19 hours ago, Dubchild said:
19 hours ago, Gottajustdoit said:

I had my checkin with my nutritionist and physician assistant today and got some answers to my questions. Regarding my Constipation, the thing that has worked best for me are the Fiber gummies. I take three of them in the morning and three at night. Twice now I've had success after about 4 days. I still feel a need to push a little, but overall the poops are less rocky and more normal. By far this is the best option for me for some relief. And, the best news is that they were OKed by the NUT and the PA. They said to keep taking them but not to take Benefiber because the fiber can coagulate and sit in the pouch. I was also told today to add Vitamin B1 to my diet as well as papaya enzymes for the constant cramping. The B1 can help with constipation and overall general health (more energy, less constipation). If you are having memory loss, B1 also will help. The papaya enzymes were suggested for the gas/cramping and to aid in digestion. I'm going to take both and see if they help. I told my NUT I was not taking my calcium chews given the constipation and she said that i probably am getting enough in my Premier Protein drinks so I should be OK. She also mentioned that the Inulin in these shakes could be causing the cramping, so I may look into a shake that does not contain inulin.

I hope others will share feedback they are getting from their follow-up appointments--I think it's good to get as much feedback as we can.

Hello, all! Today is my one-month anniversary since surgery. Here is where I am now:

- I have lost 35 pounds since surgery, which I think it phenomenal--no complaints there!

- I'm feeling better overall. The major issues I had in the first couple of weeks have all resolved and I'm now a "normal" bypass patient.

- I am never hungry and never have cravings. I still have to force myself to eat and get enough Protein.

- I'm a little bored and frustrated by the lack of variety in my diet at this point. I'm hoping that will get better down the line.

- I've come to terms with the fact that I've had the surgery. (You may recall that I said earlier that I regretted it.) I can't say I'm happy with it yet, but I do realize that it was the right thing to do for my health.

I kind of echo the ‘coming to terms’ with it aspect. I’m not nearly as upset with myself as I was but still feel a bit of FOMO. Woke up this morning to a 2.1 lbs loss overnight and that never hurts ;) overall 50lbs since the orientation

SW: 363
SurgW: 347
Current: 311.9

Thanks for that Sheri I’m going to send a picture of it to my girlfriend and see if she can track
It down !

Has anyone starting experiencing Hair loss? I understand it starts 3 to 6 months post surgery, but I was just wondering if anyone had it at this stage.

On 04/01/2019 at 21:06, Gottajustdoit said:

Has anyone starting experiencing Hair loss? I understand it starts 3 to 6 months post surgery, but I was just wondering if anyone had it at this stage.

Nope.
I keep thinking that any day now I’m gonna notice it, but as an almost-10 year cancer survivor, I’ve already had a period in my life where I lost ALL of my hair. What I tell myself is if/when the Hair loss starts, at least this time it will be for a happier reason

My update!

Surgery was 2/25 so I'm like 5 weeks out. Down approximately 34 pounds. I'm down 3 inches each on my hips and waist which is exciting!

Still technically on a "blended foods" diet but have cheated a little with some over cooked roasted potatoes and some noodles - mostly because I just got back from a week and a half in China!

Travelling was tough, but mostly because I felt like I was missing out on the culture by not being able to have the food. I packed Protein Shakes and ate mostly eggs, a little tofu, a tiny bit of potato or noodles, and Soup.

I finally have a tiny bit of an appetite but still am mostly just eating because I'm supposed to. I would say my energy is at about 80% of pre-surgery levels.

Overall feeling great! Looking forward to seeing my doctor on the 10th and hopefully getting approval to have more variety in my foods! Good thing I love eggs, cottage cheese, and yogurt lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

Has anyone been givin any guidelines towards coffee or tea? I was told they’d rather us not go back like ever again but I’ve been having little sips here and there