Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

On 3/25/2019 at 3:13 PM, Sheribear68 said:

Not so far and I’ll be 7 weeks out on Wednesday.
I did however have a 3 week stall from weeks 2-5, so it’s really nice to be losing again

I’ve been in a stall as well. Nothing week 4 & 5 thus far. Monday will be start of week 6.

The scale is a hater. On Tuesday, I took my daughter to Texas to look at four schools. We were go, go, go every day and I averaged almost 14,000 steps a day treking all over college campuses. We just got back from the airport and I weighed myself. Down a measly 2 ounces. Seriously!!!!!!! How can that be? I am so disappointed. My deductive reasoning is telling me that exercise does NOT pay off. Harumph!

Edited by Gottajustdoit

Hi Feb Buds,

Last night I had a horrible experience. My daughter and I ate at a Mexican restaurant and I ordered a chicken quesadilla. It came with melted cheese on the outside of it, refried Beans, pappas (like a mashed potato), guac, and sour cream. I ate only the cheese off the quesadilla dipped in the guacamole and a tiny amount of sour cream. I did not eat the tortilla part. I also had two bites of the refried beans, two small pieces of chicken and two bites of the potatoes. I quit then before I felt the pain in my solar plexis so I didn't overeat. Two hours later I felt extremely flushed, hot and needed to throw up. I only could dry heave. I did that for about a half hour with a cold wash cloth to try to cool down. It was horrible. Is this dumping syndrome? Do you think the melted cheese was too greasy? HORRIBLE feeling.

Edited by Gottajustdoit

Hi Feb Buds,
Last night I had a horrible experience. My daughter and I ate at a Mexican restaurant and I ordered a chicken quesadilla. It came with melted cheese on the outside of it, refried Beans, pappas (like a mashed potato), guac, and sour cream. I ate only the cheese off the quesadilla dipped in the guacamole and a tiny amount of sour cream. I did not eat the tortilla part. I also had two bites of the refried Beans, two small pieces of chicken and two bites of the potatoes. I quit then before I felt the pain in my solar plexis so I didn't overeat. Two hours later I felt extremely flushed, hot and needed to throw up. I only could dry heave. I did that for about a half hour with a cold wash cloth to try to cool down. It was horrible. Is this dumping syndrome? Do you think the melted cheese was too greasy? HORRIBLE feeling.
It could be dumping syndrome. Sounds like you ate too many fats at once. Avocado has a lot of fats and Mexican restaurants typically cook their refried beans with some kind of added fat (lard). It was probably too much at once. I ordered a tostada with shredded chicken and guacamole and sour cream on the side. I mostly just ate the chicken, but it was nice to be able to go out to dinner.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Sounds like dumping to me.
Reminds me of last month when I was 17 days post op and  had part of those eggs Benedict.
Pretty sure the hollandaise messed me up pretty bad.
Last night we ate out and I had some amazing sashimi.
Sadly I only had room for 2 pieces since I had also had half a bowl of miso Soup.
It was delicious though and I ate some of the leftovers for lunch today.
I think if I could afford it, I would have fish like that every day.

Tomorrow I’m due for a weigh in. Keeping fingers, toes, anything else crossed that I continue to see a loss. Week 7 moving into Week 8.  Where has the time gone 

I have found tht a lot of the blended Soups tht I’m allowed to have have high saturated fat ,does tht not matter for us since we can’t eat enough to worry about it or what ?

When you say 'allowed' to have to you mean that your doctor or nutritionist said it's OK to have it? If so, then don't worry too much about the fat content.

Yes ,I’m ten days post op and on puréed Soup ,an I absolutely love the cream of vegetable soup from the Hatfield and McCoy dinner show u can order it online but one serving has 13 grams in it ans wondered I don’t want to hinder the weight loss

16 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Sounds like dumping to me.
Reminds me of last month when I was 17 days post op and had part of those eggs Benedict.
Pretty sure the hollandaise messed me up pretty bad.
Last night we ate out and I had some amazing sashimi.
Sadly I only had room for 2 pieces since I had also had half a bowl of miso Soup.
It was delicious though and I ate some of the leftovers for lunch today.
I think if I could afford it, I would have fish like that every day.

Tomorrow I’m due for a weigh in. Keeping fingers, toes, anything else crossed that I continue to see a loss. Week 7 moving into Week 8. Where has the time gone

Thanks. I wasn't sure I had that much fat, but maybe I did. It's getting very difficult to figure out what to eat. I also am finding small bites so unsatisfying. You get so much more flavor in a bigger bite--the food tastes better. Eating a little very slowly has turned eating into a chore for me. Tomorrow I see the physician's assistant and nutritionist for a follow-up and will have lots to talk about---constipation (still a big issue), constant cramping in my lower abdomen (never goes away), gas (sooooo much of of it--will it ever end?), and eating vs. drinking my Protein (it's so much easier to drink a shake then figuring out how to get enough in small amounts of food).

2 minutes ago, sallie Lindsey said:

Yes ,I’m ten days post op and on puréed Soup ,an I absolutely love the cream of vegetable Soup from the Hatfield and McCoy dinner show u can order it online but one serving has 13 grams in it ans wondered I don’t want to hinder the weight loss

From what I can tell from others, the majority of weight loss in the beginning occurs during the first two weeks. Are you actually eating an entire serving of the soup? If you check the nutritional info and it says 13 grams per serving and you are eating much less than a serving (say 1 cup), then you should be fine.

Tht is my daily limit ,they want me doing three shakes but whew ,I’m trying lol

I dreamed about food last night 🤣

Just now, sallie Lindsey said:

Tht is my daily limit ,they want me doing three shakes but whew ,I’m trying lol

You are fine then! I'm sure you are not getting 13 grams of fat from that little bit. Enjoy the soup!

1 minute ago, sallie Lindsey said:

No ,about the size of a serving spoon ,once a day ,two Protein Shakes ,and three bottles of Water

Y

I thk In five or six days I can do textured like tuna and eggs and I can’t wait for eggs I wanna do a veggie omelet but I never have cared for eggs before and here it’s sounds like the best thing now I’m averaging a half pound a day weight loss and doing weekly weigh ins ,i feel pretty good except I notice if I’m cleaning say for like four hours straight I’m ready for a nap ,I’m going to go back to work tommorw