Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

I’ll do whatever I’m comfortable with but thanks

On 03/28/2019 at 05:19, LC12 said:

Hi guys, I did the sleeve on February 6th and have lost upwards of 25 lbs since then. Something that's worrying me is how easily I can eat all food now, at 7 weeks post-op. True, I can only eat small portions but otherwise I eat like a normal person and can easily drink beer or other carbonated drinks (just very slowly). For example, yesterday for lunch I ate more than half a plate of spinach ravioli. It might be a much smaller portion than pre-surgery, but definitely not a tiny portion!

What's ironic is that just two weeks ago I was depressed because I couldn't eat all my favorite foods or drinks, etc. Now I can, and I do, in small amounts, but I'm afraid of this being a very slippery slope.

And for all the people who are feeling low because of what they can't eat/drink -- you will be able to in the future, and then you'll worry about that too! Lol it seems like there's always a catch 22 to every stage of this.

Hey we are surgery twins! I also had my sleeve on February 6.
I find that early in the day I can’t fit anything but Water or milk into my sleeve, but as the day goes on, I’m able to hold more.
By dinner time, I can hold up to a cup of food. I’m only eating a Keto diet because I simply can’t afford to fall down any kind of slippery slope.
Tonite hubs and I have a date night planned and we’re going to one of my favorite sushi restaurants and I’ll have some miso Soup and sashimi.
Can’t wait

Hey Dub. Don’t want any trouble here so please don’t take it wrong. I just know If I weighed myself everyday I would give myself a complex. Different strokes for different folks. No biggy. Keep up the great work

Of course! Everyone has their own methods and I’ve just been seeing consistent progress on most mornings when I weigh myself first thing! It’s either a confidence boost to start the day or a way to kind of get myself in check for the meal plan ahead.. keep up all the good work and thanks everyone for listening

On 03/29/2019 at 08:33, Everythinganna said:

I just saw your comment right after I Posted almost the exact same thing. Do you think this is dehydration related because I was following your posts and you seem to be right on top of the program and getting lots of Fluid.

Honestly if it’s dehydration, then getting in over 80 ounces daily of Water isn’t enough for me I guess.
I know that once I read something like drink 1 ounce for every 2 pounds you weigh, which means that I’d need to drink 106 ounces daily.
Omg. Not sure if I can commit to that, but I think I might try next week to hit 96oz every day and see if that helps.

On 03/29/2019 at 08:52, med28thmed said:

Hi Sheribear,

I'm averaging about 3 pounds a week as well. I get impatient myself and very frustrated.

But you know what? We should be proud of the 3 pounds. When I attended Weight Watchers way back when, the coach will say "Go to the produce section of your grocery store and lift a 3 pound potato bag". Those are heavy, and we should be proud of our accomplishments, every pound counts!

Congratulations on your weight loss! Keep it up.

Thanks! Needed to hear that very much.
I’m feeling like a failure this week and I’m not really sure why.
I’ve been on point with my “usual” nutrition, but this week was just HARD for some reason.
Slept like crap, which is I’m sure the root cause of much of it.
I already did Pilates this morning and I’m gonna hit the treadmill for an hour this afternoon before dinner with hubs.
I have 60-70 pounds to go, which isn’t too bad if the 3 pounds/week continues.
Problem is I just know there’s at least 2-3 stalls heading my way (because if anyone on the planet can stall after having WLS I’m betting it will be me) so I’m nervous about the smaller-than-expected losses up to this point.

On 03/29/2019 at 11:34, Dubchild said:

Of course! Everyone has their own methods and I’ve just been seeing consistent progress on most mornings when I weigh myself first thing! It’s either a confidence boost to start the day or a way to kind of get myself in check for the meal plan ahead.. keep up all the good work and thanks everyone for listening
Yeah I have to admire anyone that is brave enough to weigh every day.
It’s tough enough for me to step on that danged thing once weekly! 🤣🤣🤣

Ive stalled for the last 6 days. I didnt think I would stall at 5 weeks post op. Im super scared that I did all this for 21 lbs of weight loss. Ugh. SW 201 CW 180.

It’s tough @Harborgurl , but we’ve got to keep going.
Just think back on how you pushed through your week 3 stall and keep a good thought.
Even if this one lasts a couple of weeks, there will be more loss on the other side

Salt for me makes me retain Water. The other day I had a lot of pumpkin seeds and saw a pound gain, but lost it real quickly and then some the next day.

Hello everyone,

I had my surgery on Feb 21 and I feel that I am recovering well. the thing is I feel hungry all the time and I think that I am able to eat more than I should although the portions are less than before surgery. I really don't want to ruin this as this is my second weight loss surgery. I had my lap band converted to gastric sleeve. I lost 17 pounds from the day of surgery and the weight loss has slowed down a lot. last week I only lost one pound. I would appreciate any advice you have for me.

31 minutes ago, Mishu said:

Hello everyone,

I had my surgery on Feb 21 and I feel that I am recovering well. the thing is I feel hungry all the time and I think that I am able to eat more than I should although the portions are less than before surgery. I really don't want to ruin this as this is my second weight loss surgery. I had my lap band converted to gastric sleeve. I lost 17 pounds from the day of surgery and the weight loss has slowed down a lot. last week I only lost one pound. I would appreciate any advice you have for me.

I'm in the same boat. I also had a lap band previously. I had my surgery on Feb 7th. I lost a lot the first two weeks and then it stalled. Now that I'm on stage three with food and have clearance for exercising I've noticed the weight is coming off a bit faster now about 3-4 pounds a week.

Hang in there. I know at least with me that there is a fear around failing with the second surgery, but I also know I did well with the band until it slipped and had to be removed. I'm hoping if I follow everything to a tee again I'll have the same results of success that will last this time since the sleeve can't slip.

Good luck! I'm in your corner.

Hi y’all ,”I’m seven days post op ,and decided to make “some cream of vegetable Soup “ it’s from the Hatfield and McCoy’s dinner show in Tennessee best soup ever it’s completely creamy and no chunks but I added some chipotle cheese melted down to add a little Protein and course I only handled a big cooking spoon size full so maybe four ounces but what I want to know is “what soup did ur new tummy do well with for me to try thanks and much love to you all “?

I had a revision from vertical silastic ring gastroplasty to RNY in February. I’m 5 weeks post op. So far so good. Knowing what to eat and what to avoid is a learning process. I have been sticking to more liquid than solids most days.