Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

I could not stomach the Protein Shakes. I do add a Protein scoop (30 grams of protein - non flavored ) into the Bariatric Pal hot chocolate. I can get in 45 grams of protein in an 8 oz. hot chocolate (which taste pretty decent)

4 hours ago, froufrou said:

I saw my doctor today and it looks like I may have a stricture - apparently it's more common after a revision. I am so done with this - I can't afford to pay for any more surgeries for starters, my body is done with procedures and I don't want to put my husband through any more of this.

I have three days to figure out whether I can or can not get dense Protein down.

I'm sorry to hear that! I knew something had to be wrong. Will the procedure be something like an endoscopy so you won't have to go through another hospital stay? Or is it a stricture in the esophogus and might it help to be on acid reducers? I'm definitely not a doctor, but I hope that any procedure you have will be minor. I'm sure you are very tired of all the misery. 😥

8 hours ago, Recidivist said:

Thanks to everyone for caring so much about my bowel movements. 🙂 My doctor recommended Miralax, which I started on Monday. Little success so far, and still no weight loss this week.

As I've said before, my primary problem remains low blood pressure, which gives me bouts of dizziness and disorientation. This morning it was 71/55. I'm seeing the doctor this afternoon to try and figure out what's happening.

I hope you get the low blood pressure issue resolved! I'm on my 5th dose of Miralex and no go so far. If it works for you, let me know how much you take and what form. I'm OK taking the powder in Vitamin zero orange or lemonade...don't even notice the taste and no grit.

20 hours ago, Gottajustdoit said:

I hope you get the low blood pressure issue resolved! I'm on my 5th dose of Miralex and no go so far. If it works for you, let me know how much you take and what form. I'm OK taking the powder in Vitamin zero orange or lemonade...don't even notice the taste and no grit.

Thanks, Gotta! Unfortunately, it's not getting better. This morning I blacked out and had a seizure, which has never happened in my life. I had already scheduled a 9:30 post-op appointment with my surgeon. She said that it might just be a case of severe dehydration and that i need to drink 80 oz of Water every day for the foreseeable future.

I'm feeling quite discouraged that the moment, and I'm actually regretting having done this to myself. I hope I will look back on this in a year as a mere bump in the road.

6 minutes ago, Recidivist said:

Thanks, Gotta! Unfortunately, it's not getting better. This morning I blacked out and had a seizure, which has never happened in my life. I had already scheduled a 9:30 post-op appointment with my surgeon. She said that it might just be a case of severe dehydration and that i need to drink 80 oz of Water every day for the foreseeable future.

I'm feeling quite discouraged that the moment, and I'm actually regretting having done this to myself. I hope I will look back on this in a year as a mere bump in the road.

I am sorry to hear that you are having these issues. It must be scary. I have read a lot of stories from people who had varying issues after their surgeries and most do look back and see it as a bump in the road, hopefully your story will mirror theirs. In the meantime I truly hope you can get your blood pressure up soon and that you don't black out or have another seizure. I also hope that someone who has experienced what you have will see your posts and maybe have some helpful information for you.

On 03/21/2019 at 14:44, Recidivist said:

Smart to tell you to aim for over 80 ounces Water.
Since surgery, I’ve been battling orthostatic hypotension, but my blood pressure in general is just fine. I have noticed this week that it hasn’t been as bad as weeks past, but I’ve also been retaining Fluid in my ankles and feet, which is weird bc I’ve probably had over 96 ounces today.

19 hours ago, Recidivist said:

This morning I blacked out and had a seizure, which has never happened in my life. 

Let us know what happens with your appointment please. That’s crazy and very dangerous. I had never realized that dehydration could have those results. They did not advise you to go to the ER I guess?

11 minutes ago, Everythinganna said:

Let us know what happens with your appointment please. That’s crazy and very dangerous. I had never realized that dehydration could have those results. They did not advise you to go to the ER I guess?

They actually did advise me to go the ER when things like this happen. However, I had an appointment with my surgeon at 9:30 am anyway, so I just waited until then.

Any tips for a plateau on a pre op diet ?

6 minutes ago, ramosk said:

Any tips for a plateau on a pre op diet ?

Don't stress about it. As long a you are following the plan they gave you, you will be fine. As we've seen on this forum, there are many different approaches to the pre-surgery diet, but we all end up in the same place.

For those of you plateauing keep on the program, I went from 320 last Friday to 322 Tuesday to 318 today all in the span of a week... keep drinking Water water water

My weight loss had really really slowed (0-0.2 pounds a day) but then this week I lost a pound in 24 hours. I am taking in more calories and it seems to have boosted my metabolism and I’m much more “regular” now as well ( Im consuming more fats so maybe that’s why?). I’m starting to settle in and understand how much/what I can eat with no problems so I’m having less and less issues. About 3 tablespoons and I’m DONE.

On 3/20/2019 at 5:29 PM, Gottajustdoit said:

I'm sorry to hear that! I knew something had to be wrong. Will the procedure be something like an endoscopy so you won't have to go through another hospital stay? Or is it a stricture in the esophogus and might it help to be on acid reducers? I'm definitely not a doctor, but I hope that any procedure you have will be minor. I'm sure you are very tired of all the misery. 😥

Yes, probably an endoscopy with a balloon to stretch my tubes. I am SO tired of this and like @Recidivist I am regretting having the surgery now. I have till Monday to figure this out - otherwise I will have to go in.

I’m personally so so so sorry that your journeys have been so incredibly challenging and I hope all these complications are soon resolved! Please keep us updated.