Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

On 03/15/2019 at 16:12, Harborgurl said:

Today is my one month anniversary! Down 18 lbs. I weighed 201 on day of surgery and this morning I weighed 183. I can’t wait to see where I am in the next month!
That’s amazing!
Lol, just started calculating when I’ll be back in onederland.
Probably 2 more months. Fingers crossed

6 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

Love hearing how most of us have graduated to purées, if not semi-solid foods by now.
Makes me feel like we’re not freshmen anymore. Lol, the March people are now the newbies. 😂
😂

So today was yet another challenge. I live in Oklahoma and cedar pollen is crazy insane and I’ve been struggling with “cedar flu” for the last 24 hrs.
Woke up feeling like crap and a tummy full of mucus from the drainage.
food sounded so awful today that I had nothing til a glass of milk at noon.
Still had to work a 10hr shift and took a Benadryl when I got home and now I’m half-zombie
Ugh! Have to work 26 hours more this weekend and my energy levels are waaaaaaay down.
Surviving til Monday when I can get a day off is my focus for now.
That and hydration ( I never want to drink Water when I’ve got sinus drainage) and food will be down on the list of things I’m gonna care about.

Since I work 13 hr shifts on my weekends, I’m gonna bring some Bone Broth and milk and cottage cheese and soft cheese and try to get in at least 30gm Protein.
Honestly I’m thinking about how much food that is and wondering how I’m gonna get it all down in a 13 hr shift.
Big change from even 2 months ago....

Working long shifts, feeling miserable, and still trying to gain back energy from surgery--no wonder you are feeling waaaaaay down. Hope you feel better soon!

I feel like such a weirdo! I am just about 3 weeks out from surgery and have basically zero appetite. I've hardly been eating and just sticking to Protein Shakes. I'm down 28 pounds though!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

8 hours ago, brittcarter91 said:

I feel like such a weirdo! I am just about 3 weeks out from surgery and have basically zero appetite. I've hardly been eating and just sticking to Protein Shakes. I'm down 28 pounds though!

I can understand. I am a 2/25 surgery too. Funny thing, if I eat something, I feel the appetite coming back but not for long. I am basically making it on Protein Soups and hot chocolate. Thank goodness for protein scoops! I don’t think I could come close to my protein goal on purées. I do have a new love for light Swiss laughing cow cheese!

I can understand. I am a 2/25 surgery too. Funny thing, if I eat something, I feel the appetite coming back but not for long. I am basically making it on Protein Soups and hot chocolate. Thank goodness for Protein scoops! I don’t think I could come close to my protein goal on purées. I do have a new love for light Swiss laughing cow cheese!

Oh yes! I have had some of those cheese wedges as well! But I'm with you - I focus on the Protein Shakes and everything else is bonus.

Anyone had this done as our patient my plane leaves tommorw n I’m getting nervous I fly to Vegas to have it done my BMI is 42.3

Interesting how we all have different results. My surgery was 2/26 and I am able to eat some food but obviously in a limited amount. For Breakfast I usually have a microwaved poached egg or oatmeal. lunch is usually a hard boiled egg and yogurt or cottage cheese. dinner can be any of the above, my neighbor knew I was dieting ( I told no one) and dropped off a lean cuisine chicken fried rice which I at may be ate 1/2. I get a clear signal when enough is enough. I have been using fair life milk to supplement Proteins and add it to make sugar free pudding. Note you need to use the fairlife milk, not the Protein fairlife which I believe contains no milk and will not work with the pudding. I had lost 17 pounds at the two week point my only problem is lack of energy but I hope that will improve in the next few weeks.

Sheribear, thank you for all your posts. You are clearly our February leader. sallie, your surgery here in the states will go smoothly. We all had apprehension prior but all of us feel like the weight of the world has been lifted when we arrived in the recovery room. Having surgery in Las Vegas is a major population area where I am sure there are many surgeries done. For example I live in a tiny state with a hospital but not major medical facilities. Keep us posted! Also hi io brooklynkay, glad things are going well.

On 03/16/2019 at 11:38, Joe P said:

Sheribear, thank you for all your posts. You are clearly our February leader. sallie, your surgery here in the states will go smoothly. We all had apprehension prior but all of us feel like the weight of the world has been lifted when we arrived in the recovery room. Having surgery in Las Vegas is a major population area where I am sure there are many surgeries done. For example I live in a tiny state with a hospital but not major medical facilities. Keep us posted! Also hi io brooklynkay, glad things are going well.
Hey Joe!!! I’m so happy to hear from you and I’m glad you are doing well!

16 hours ago, Gottajustdoit said:

I share your hatred of taking crushed pills. Ick. The best success I've had is to "hide" the powder in unsweetened applesauce. Have you been told how long it will be until you can take your pills whole again?

One month, and I will be completing two weeks this Monday. Ugh.

11 hours ago, brittcarter91 said:

Not weird at all! I am two weeks out and I have no appetite at all. I'm also basically sticking to shakes, because I really don't care for pureed foods. I honestly struggle to get enough Protein and Water every day and basically force myself to do it.

Hey all,

Thought I'd pop in for a little sanctuary and support.

My entire country is shattered. My FB feed is inundated with heartbreak, and it's so overwhelming after having such a crappy week myself (I've finally managed to keep down small amounts of food after 4-5 solid days of regurgitating pretty much everything).

I went to a wedding yesterday, and my emotions are all over the place. One minute I'm crying at a cute couple and their beautiful vows, the next I'm sobbing as reports of the Christchurch victims start to trickle in. I used to live in Christchurch. My husband and I were there right through the earthquakes, It's just devastating to have something of this magnitude happen blocks from where we used to hang out with our friends.

If anyone has any practical tips, tricks, or self-care/comfort recipes suitable for a sensitive soft food tummy... Advice would be greatly appreciated and actioned - I plan to make a list, and prioritize ticking as much off it as I can over the next couple of days.

Sending you all positivity in this time of grief and contemplation.

It’s weird how the appetite works. Lately I find myself in a fasting state for 15+ hours daily and until I finally have the first “meal” of the day, I’m not hungry at all.
Typically I’ll have a glass of fairlife milk around 10-11 am, and after that I’m hungry for the next few hours and eat a little bit of something about every 2-3 hrs until dinner time, which I’ve finished anywhere between 6-8 pm, depending on my work shift for the day.
During that 6-7 hours of “hungry” time, I put done probably 90% of my daily calories, but it’s still far short of where I need to be because I just can’t hold all that much.

I dunno, I want to get in Protein, but I also don’t want to obsess over every bite that goes in.
I think as long as we get in Water first, then worry about protein, we will all do okay as long as we’re taking in our supplements.
Today I had 8 ounces milk, 6 almonds, 1/2 scrambled egg , 1 ounce triple cream Brie, 2 ounces steak and 1 tablespoon avocado. Oh and over 80 ounces water.
Lol, not even close to 60gms protein, but I as I post here exhausted from the work day and trying to settle in for bed, I really don’t plan on trying to get in any other kind of protein.
I have to remember how craptastic I used to eat for days and weeks on end and I didn’t suffer too much (well, besides being almost 100 pounds overweight) from that.

Not saying there shouldn’t be goals, but we are all just taking our first few baby steps on real food and it’s a process.

On 03/16/2019 at 21:08, EmzBee said:

Hey all,

Thought I'd pop in for a little sanctuary and support.

My entire country is shattered. My FB feed is inundated with heartbreak, and it's so overwhelming after having such a crappy week myself (I've finally managed to keep down small amounts of food after 4-5 solid days of regurgitating pretty much everything).

I went to a wedding yesterday, and my emotions are all over the place. One minute I'm crying at a cute couple and their beautiful vows, the next I'm sobbing as reports of the Christchurch victims start to trickle in. I used to live in Christchurch. My husband and I were there right through the earthquakes, It's just devastating to have something of this magnitude happen blocks from where we used to hang out with our friends.

If anyone has any practical tips, tricks, or self-care/comfort recipes suitable for a sensitive soft food tummy... Advice would be greatly appreciated and actioned - I plan to make a list, and prioritize ticking as much off it as I can over the next couple of days.

Sending you all positivity in this time of grief and contemplation.

So sorry EmzBee

As a lifetime denizen of Oklahoma City, I know the heartache that comes from having your community completely destroyed by terror.
Almost 24 years out from the Murrah bombing and I still grieve for the lost friends and classmates who died or lost their loved ones.

I don’t have any special food recipes, but my recipe for you is to give yourself some self care.
Make sure you’re carving out time in each day that is just for you and that you focus on your body and your mind and give yourself permission to be mad as hell and to not shut down the grief and to learn the new normal that will become of this.
Worry about Water, then once your tummy can handle it, move on to other foods.
Maybe think about going back to the diet you were on the first week or two after surgery.

I’m sending good vibes your way and please don’t hesitate to talk to us often so we can get through this as a team.

And I mourn the loss of life you have both encountered, the world becomes a little colder, sadder, but somehow you keep on keeping on. But the loss of innocence, that always leaves a scar on your ❤. love to you both at this time.