Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

One thing I’ve been regressing on this week is I think I’m probably eating too many veggies too fast.
Weirdly enough, one of my favorite all-time things is salad.
Cobb salad, Greek salad, Asian salad, wedge salad... I love them all.
My husband has always said that I should’ve probably published a salad cookbook because I could have that as the main course for dinner every night and it wouldn’t get boring.
And my salads have a minimum of 10-12 ingredients.
Lol, in my fave Cobb that I used to make, I had TWO different kinds of bacon and 3 types of cheeses before I would even start with the rest of the stuff.
Sigh..... I miss salad.

That being said, I miss it so much that I’ve been sneaking salad into my dinner meal and my Protein levels are suffering. I also had part of an avocado yesterday, which I think breaks the record for the longest time I’ve ever gone without avocado.

I’m so scared that I’m going to overstretch my sleeve, but I’m seriously having veg cravings.
I’ve gone over my journal and I’ve taken Vitamins every day and I’m eating clean as far as limiting sugars and I’ve had zero artificial sugars because any kind of artificial sweetener cranks up my food cravings into overdrive.

It’s weird..... I could care less about eating any carbs, but I’m obsessing over vegetables, which I can’t really eat because I don’t have the space.
Anyone else going through this right now?

I don’t think we’re allowed to have fresh veggies at this point (29 days) only well cooked

I went out for lunch today for the first time. I was with my husband, so there wasn't any weirdness about me not eating. He ordered lettuce wraps, so yes, Sheri I too ate some "salad". I took one bite, then I remembered being told that was the hardest thing to digest, or one of the hardest - lettuce. I ate about 2 tablespoons (if that) of the chicken tofu filling. I ate slow for once so I didn't get level 10 overstuffed but I did get nauseated so I know I pushed it eating a heavily seasoned filling, even though, as per usual, I chewed it to mush. I too miss veggies. I have had some canned green Beans, but I miss the real deal!

I know! It’s almost torture not being able to eat fresh veg.
Honestly if you put a small salad and a piece of chocolate cake side by side and told me I could choose 1 without hurting my stomach, I’d dive head-first into that salad. 😂😂
Lol, had cottage cheese and 1 scrambled egg (with Tabasco-yay) for lunch.
Breakfast was 8 ounces milk

I’m not a cake eater myself. Now queso... that’s another story.

Hi, all. Day 10 after surgery, and things are going extremely well. I have no more pain, I haven't vomited or had food come back up or have it get "stuck" as some of you have mentioned. I'm on purees now and am cheating a bit in the sense that I'm having soft foods and chewing them really, really well. Once this week I ate more than I should have, but there was no dumping. It was just discomfort as if I had eaten too much before I had surgery. I always feel full and am still having trouble getting all the Protein and Water every day, but I'm getting closer.

I have two big issues that remain. I'm still extremely dizzy and disoriented at times, especially when I stand up. I got up to go the bathroom last night and got very confused and crashed into a standing mirror that is nowhere near the bathroom. Thankfully, my wonderful partner jumped up and saved me.

The other thing is that taking ground-up pills is disgusting! I have tried many different ways, and I've found that the best thing is to just throw all the powder into my mouth followed by some water, which gets it over with quickly. (I'm on quite a few meds and it amounts to about a tablespoon.) I can't wait until I can swallow pills whole again!

Edited by Recidivist

When I'm busy at home or out running about, I've discovered that I'm too busy to take a 20 to 30 min break to eat. I was very excited to start my week 3 foods today and ended up having a Protein Shake for lunch because it was too hard and would take too long to eat food. I had a mozerella cheese today and it took me over 45 minutes to finish it. Maybe I'm just being over cautious. I really don't feel hungry and don't care about eating. I just get a weak feeling when I haven't eaten in a long time.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

31 minutes ago, Colchabay said:

When I'm busy at home or out running about, I've discovered that I'm too busy to take a 20 to 30 min break to eat. I was very excited to start my week 3 foods today and ended up having a Protein Shake for lunch because it was too hard and would take too long to eat food. I had a mozerella cheese today and it took me over 45 minutes to finish it. Maybe I'm just being over cautious. I really don't feel hungry and don't care about eating. I just get a weak feeling when I haven't eaten in a long time.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

I feel the same way lately. food is become unappealing.

On 1/3/2019 at 4:44 PM, TheMarine79 said:

I am scheduled for February 18th. I will be first in. Wow, this process takes forever.

My surgery was also February 18th. How are you doing? Are you back at work? I'm dying to know!

Med28thmed. I am doing fairly well. I have been back to work for two weeks now. I just moved from purées to moist meats and an egg. All of my incisions have healed but one. I am down down 19 since surgery. I ordered a food scale to weigh the meat. My eyes cannot completely estimate how much is there.

Hey all! I haven’t updated in awhile. I’m 15 days Post-Op and down 23lbs. I’m on soft foods and I get to add moist meats in 2 weeks. So far so good!

Today is my one month anniversary! Down 18 lbs. I weighed 201 on day of surgery and this morning I weighed 183. I can’t wait to see where I am in the next month!

On 3/14/2019 at 7:07 PM, Recidivist said:

Hi, all. Day 10 after surgery, and things are going extremely well. I have no more pain, I haven't vomited or had food come back up or have it get "stuck" as some of you have mentioned. I'm on purees now and am cheating a bit in the sense that I'm having soft foods and chewing them really, really well. Once this week I ate more than I should have, but there was no dumping. It was just discomfort as if I had eaten too much before I had surgery. I always feel full and am still having trouble getting all the Protein and Water every day, but I'm getting closer.

I have two big issues that remain. I'm still extremely dizzy and disoriented at times, especially when I stand up. I got up to go the bathroom last night and got very confused and crashed into a standing mirror that is nowhere near the bathroom. Thankfully, my wonderful partner jumped up and saved me.

The other thing is that taking ground-up pills is disgusting! I have tried many different ways, and I've found that the best thing is to just throw all the powder into my mouth followed by some Water, which gets it over with quickly. (I'm on quite a few meds and it amounts to about a tablespoon.) I can't wait until I can swallow pills whole again!

I share your hatred of taking crushed pills. Ick. The best success I've had is to "hide" the powder in unsweetened applesauce. Have you been told how long it will be until you can take your pills whole again?

Love hearing how most of us have graduated to purées, if not semi-solid foods by now.
Makes me feel like we’re not freshmen anymore. Lol, the March people are now the newbies. 😂
😂

So today was yet another challenge. I live in Oklahoma and cedar pollen is crazy insane and I’ve been struggling with “cedar flu” for the last 24 hrs.
Woke up feeling like crap and a tummy full of mucus from the drainage.
food sounded so awful today that I had nothing til a glass of milk at noon.
Still had to work a 10hr shift and took a Benadryl when I got home and now I’m half-zombie
Ugh! Have to work 26 hours more this weekend and my energy levels are waaaaaaay down.
Surviving til Monday when I can get a day off is my focus for now.
That and hydration ( I never want to drink Water when I’ve got sinus drainage) and food will be down on the list of things I’m gonna care about.

Since I work 13 hr shifts on my weekends, I’m gonna bring some Bone Broth and milk and cottage cheese and soft cheese and try to get in at least 30gm Protein.
Honestly I’m thinking about how much food that is and wondering how I’m gonna get it all down in a 13 hr shift.
Big change from even 2 months ago....

On 03/15/2019 at 13:17, BrooklynKay said:

Hey all! I haven’t updated in awhile. I’m 15 days Post-Op and down 23lbs. I’m on soft foods and I get to add moist meats in 2 weeks. So far so good!
Congrats!!!