Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

On 02/24/2019 at 03:39, SleevelessinAK said:

Marine, have you figured out the way to stop the constant need to burp? I must or I will severely feel the pain of trapped air pockets (I sip, don’t gulp or use a straw too). It’s especially challenging when I am trying to simply sleep (and my head is elevated),

I make sure to take a gas-x. I take one tablet each evening and this keeps me regulated. Since I started taking it, I am able to intake more Protein Shakes and more liquid each day.

Has anyone noticed after being a week post op that one your appetite comes back. Not saying it is a bad thing. It just seems that my wife made pancakes for our kids and it smelled really good. It seems once you deprive your senses for a while, it comes back more sensitive

My sense of smell is decidedly heightened for sure

How’s everyone doing??? Each day is a challenge but our goal is so worth the hurdles.
I get pretty bummed with the scale I hate the scale I think as little food intake I should be much lighter.

Since surgery I’ve been pretty steady losing 1-1.3 lbs per day

59 minutes ago, TheMarine79 said:

Has anyone noticed after being a week post op that one your appetite comes back. Not saying it is a bad thing. It just seems that my wife made pancakes for our kids and it smelled really good. It seems once you deprive your senses for a while, it comes back more sensitive

Perhaps your wife and kids could go to IHOP while you stay home and sip Premier Protein. 🙂

On 02/24/2019 at 10:33, Recidivist said:

Perhaps your wife and kids could go to IHOP while you stay home and sip Premier Protein. 🙂

It might be helpful. My husband is only cooking himself things he knows I don't like and it really does make it easier on me. Like others, my sense of smell is heightened, it was already before this too. He can also buy junk food for himself that I don't like and that isn't strong in smell. He's also chosen not to eat in front of me until I can at least have soft food.I haven't felt an appetite come back yet though which I am sure makes it more difficult @TheMarine79. I think it's more challenging for people with kids, but you can do it.

I know it will be hard after surgery, but there will be restriction then. I'm hoping to get it all over with and get on the road to health. I have lots of medical issues. I saw my primary care Dr yesterday and she said, now we can get you off most of your meds.
That's awesome!

So I see a lot of us February sleevers are getting a bit discouraged by the scale.
I’d like to start a mini-challenge: I decided Thursday I wasn’t going to weigh myself until I fit into my next size smaller pants because seeing a stall just almost wrecked me.
Who else wants to join me in this?

5 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

So I see a lot of us February sleevers are getting a bit discouraged by the scale.
I’d like to start a mini-challenge: I decided Thursday I wasn’t going to weigh myself until I fit into my next size smaller pants because seeing a stall just almost wrecked me.
Who else wants to join me in this?

I have surgery and am not going to weigh till my 2 & 6 week post-op

Roll Call for tomorrow for Feb 25th surgeries! Comment under my post so we can cheer each other on! Congrats!

My official goals from the program is 64oz if fluids and 80g of Protein and under 30 carbs at this stage (under 2 weeks out). I was not given calorie goals. I track on my fitness pal and have came in between 350-550 calories per day since I got home from the hospital, 12 days ago.

Roll Call for tomorrow for Feb 25th surgeries! Comment under my post so we can cheer each other on! Congrats!
Me!!!

dont look at the scale every day, its really bad and can be discouraging. i learned this when i got my three week stall. i know i average about 1.5 pounds loss a day now. calories are nothing to worry about if you follow what you are supposed to eat. 3 oz worth of Protein 4 times a day so i can meet the 60 grams of protein. main diet is skinless and boneless chicken breast, low fat lean ground turkey, and low sodium Beans.