Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

On 2/21/2019 at 10:54 AM, PALOMABELLA said:

Congrats. Im due for my sleeve on May. Can u plz pass that reciepe in the cup???

Sent from my LGMS210 using BariatricPal mobile app

I bought it from a local company, so unfortunately I don't have the recipe 😞

But here's a list of ingredients: chicken mince, cream, Tomato puree, Water, brown onion, greek yogurt, pea Protein, cornflour, garlic, white sugar, canola oil, ginger, chicken stock, citrus fibre, cumin, garam masala, corriander, salt.

TBH I think you could get a similar result just by using a simmer sauce and chicken mince--perhaps adding some unflavored protein for extra protein. The most protein-dense puree I have on hand is a beef mince bolognese, though--so that might be your best option over chicken for getting enough protein in at puree stage 🙂

On 2/21/2019 at 8:18 AM, Recidivist said:

I already have six incisions on my abdomen from cancer surgery in 2017. With five or six more after bypass, I guess i can give up my dream of being a swimsuit model.

Now, now, Recidivist! Don't give up on your dreams that easy! 😄

On 02/21/2019 at 08:00, TheMarine79 said:

I am 3 days post op. How is my stomach supposed to feel? I am trying to drink one Premier Protein drink a day which is 30 grams of Protein. I am trying to sip it sitting up or reclining.
I’m the same with you Marine. It’s taking an hour minimum to get through liquids & I’m following the schedule recommended by my dr.

Week one update!

Hard to believe that it's been a week since surgery. Wow... feels like a whole new world!

NSVs for the week is I can now wear my wedding ring without pain. I'm also now the lightest I've been in 3.5years, and I'm going to my first writers meetup with a new group. I've got a little of my spark back 🙂

Down six pounds, 2.7kgs this week! And, I know it's ridiculous, but can I admit I was a little disappointed? 😲 I guess a big part of this process is the mental game... and learning to be patient. *sigh*

*twiddles fingers*

Guess I can't expect to be at GW after a week! 😂😅😅

Like so many others on this site, I have been reading your updates. So nice to read that you are making progress and feeling better.

1 hour ago, EmzBee said:

Thanks you two -- this really helped 🙂

Turned out, I think, that I was pushing it. 82g Protein and 621 calories the day before, and 50g/522cals on Wednesday. Yesterday after my first run-in with dumping syndrome I paired it back -- 46g Protein and 435 cals. Surprisingly enough I felt much more comfortable/less nauseous! *slaps forehead* Typical me, trying to run before I can walk!

It's a new learning experience for us all. Give it time and we'll have it figure out... hopefully :p

Emzbee of course you can admit your “disappointment in your first weeks weight loss. There’s so much in play with just having the surgery that our success is not measured by this first week. I too wish I would have lost more in the last 9 days, but I try to remind myself this is just the beginning. I think it’s just fueled by the fear of not being successful.

18 hours ago, Big Bari said:

1 week post op today and I’m down from hw-378 sw 363 1 week post op 345lbs I’m struggling with Protein and Water but I’m going shopping tomorrow to find something else...good luck everyone hope all is going well

That's incredible progress, Barl. Congratulations on a very successful first week.

1 hour ago, TheMarine79 said:

To everyone who has not had surgery. Good luck. It seems as if everyday I am getting a little better. I just had to temper my expectations. Their goal for me was 32 ounces of Fluid and 30 grams of Protein. Yesterday it took me the whole day, and by 4:30 I have met the goal. It is truly a different experience getting used to your pouch.

Thanks so much for the update, Marine. It gives hope to the rest of us!

1 hour ago, EmzBee said:

Week one update!

Hard to believe that it's been a week since surgery. Wow... feels like a whole new world!

NSVs for the week is I can now wear my wedding ring without pain. I'm also now the lightest I've been in 3.5years, and I'm going to my first writers meetup with a new group. I've got a little of my spark back 🙂

Down six pounds, 2.7kgs this week! And, I know it's ridiculous, but can I admit I was a little disappointed? 😲 I guess a big part of this process is the mental game... and learning to be patient. *sigh*

*twiddles fingers*

Guess I can't expect to be at GW after a week! 😂😅😅

EmzBee, I can totally understand your feeling a bit disappointed. We have all waited so long for this surgery and done so much to prepare--and I think we all want spectacular weight loss right away. However, in any other context 6 pounds in a week is extraordinary! We will all get there sooner or later, and no two people will have the same experience.

I'm doing a diabetic diet. It's low cal, but I'm not feeling so well. I have a headache, and stomach ache. I just can't wait to get it over and feel better.
I had a horrible headache for a few days when I first started my pre-op. I hope it passes for you! 3 day left!!

Anyone else getting completely wiped out when taking a shower? I don’t know if it’s a blood pressure thing (I’m historically low bp due to hashimoto’s) or what, but I’m hoping it’ll improve once I’m on purées.

17 minutes ago, gerl86 said:
5 hours ago, gabybab said:
I'm doing a diabetic diet. It's low cal, but I'm not feeling so well. I have a Headache, and stomach ache. I just can't wait to get it over and feel better.

I had a horrible headache for a few days when I first started my pre-op. I hope it passes for you! 3 day left!!

I know it will be hard after surgery, but there will be restriction then. I'm hoping to get it all over with and get on the road to health. I have lots of medical issues. I saw my primary care Dr yesterday and she said, now we can get you off most of your meds.

11 minutes ago, jenniefeefee said:

Anyone else getting completely wiped out when taking a shower? I don’t know if it’s a blood pressure thing (I’m historically low bp due to hashimoto’s) or what, but I’m hoping it’ll improve once I’m on purées.

I find I am not full of energy and anything that I have to do for any amount of time wears me out, including showers. I wonder if it is bp related, I will have to take mine next time. I think once we can get a little bit more into our systems we should have more energy. I get to start purees on Thursday next week, can't wait!

On 02/21/2019 at 21:34, BlueIGT said:

I find I am not full of energy and anything that I have to do for any amount of time wears me out, including showers. I wonder if it is bp related, I will have to take mine next time. I think once we can get a little bit more into our systems we should have more energy. I get to start purees on Thursday next week, can't wait!

I start on purées next week, too! All day long, I fantasize about all the things I’m going to have on day one!!