Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

On 02/20/2019 at 07:11, Rayeh7 said:

Goody222, i'm on day 15 and i'm ready to get back to living. I'm needing less and less recuperating but i'm trying to not overdo anything. I go for my 1st post OP appt tomorrow and an looking forward to more food variety. I've downloaded some great bariatric cookbooks on Kendal and can't wait to try some of the puree meals. Good luck on your surgery, try patients during recovery, and remember; this too shall pass. Before you know it you will be living your best life.

Congrats. Glad to read it. Hopefully you can move on to puréed food. I won’t know how to act. Please share the recipes you download, I have seen a few for a ricotta bake.

13 hours ago, Everythinganna said:

I am getting on the road to go to the hospital! Going by myself and will be there all by myself for the majority of the time until my husband comes later in the week. I have been having such an awesome week. We put an offer on a home and it was excepted yesterday. Then I got an amazing job opportunity yesterday. So instead of feeling nervous I simply feel really confident about the procedure today. I’m on a winning streak! Hoping all goes well today.

Hope you are doing well, I will be looking for your update.

1 week post op today and I’m down from hw-378 sw 363 1 week post op 345lbs I’m struggling with Protein and Water but I’m going shopping tomorrow to find something else...good luck everyone hope all is going well

Welcome to the Feb 2019 group! You will get a lot of great info binge reading our posts. Some of us have already had bariatric surgery and some of are on the warm-up bench. What surgery are you having and what has your journey been like so far?
Thanks for asking! I am having gastric bypass. My journey started in October, 3 months of nutritional visits, a couple of Dr. appts, submitted my paperwork to insurance 2/15 and was approved 2/19!. Now surgery is scheduled for 2/22! It's been really fast for me!

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

On 02/21/2019 at 08:00, TheMarine79 said:

I am 3 days post op. How is my stomach supposed to feel? I am trying to drink one Premier Protein drink a day which is 30 grams of Protein. I am trying to sip it sitting up or reclining.
I was still in the hospital at that time. I had little plastic shot glasses I was drinking from and they wanted me to do 6 an hour with Protein being the most important. I could only do 2 protein and was full so I'd do a couple Water too. My roommate on the other hand could hit her 6 easy. Do your best to get in what they told you to over the course of the day and I found as the swelling came down I was able to drink more. A couple days after being home I was able to drink 2 Protein Shakes and half the liquid they wanted over the course of the day. Now at day 10 I can get all my liquids in.

4 hours ago, TheMarine79 said:

I am 3 days post op. How is my stomach supposed to feel? I am trying to drink one Premier Protein drink a day which is 30 grams of Protein. I am trying to sip it sitting up or reclining.

Sounds about right. I was able to get in two Premier Protein shakes (60g protein) in and three 16 oz Water bottles in about 5 days after the surgery. The trick is to keep a bottle in your hand and never put it down. Just sip, rest, sip, rest, sip.....Oh, make sure to put the lid back on! I had one incident where a bottle of water leaked out all over the bed. Ugh.

Hey buds!

I just wanted to share an idea I had for making a sf Protein version of Mcdonalds pineapple Mango smoothie :)

I found flavor drops at Walmart, Great Day brand, in Pineapple Mango flavor, so I put 3/4 c Water, some ice, a scoop of unflavored Protein Powder (I use the Inspire brand from the Bariatric Eating site) and the pineapple mango drops and a few drops of the orange tang drops, tastes great and the flavor in the drops disguise any protein flavor.

I was so ready for something different at 9 days out. I don’t get to move to purées until Monday.

32 minutes ago, taylormomto6 said:

Hey buds!

I just wanted to share an idea I had for making a sf Protein version of Mcdonalds pineapple Mango smoothie :)

I found flavor drops at Walmart, Great Day brand, in pineapple Mango flavor, so I put 3/4 c Water, some ice, a scoop of unflavored Protein Powder (I use the Inspire brand from the Bariatric Eating site) and the pineapple mango drops and a few drops of the orange tang drops, tastes great and the flavor in the drops disguise any Protein flavor.

I was so ready for something different at 9 days out. I don’t get to move to purées until Monday.

Great idea! Thanks for sharing. I am getting so tired of the same liquids as well. Head hunger is starting to set in. i think I'm a week away from pureed foods, although I'm not really sure how the fat-free/sugar-free Jell-O is all that different from pureed foods. I definitely will be making the ricotta bake first thing!

On 2/20/2019 at 1:10 PM, Miss Behaving said:

1st post here. Surgery scheduled for Friday 02/22. I'm excited and scared at the same time. I'm binge reading the posts here before my big day!!!

Good luck on your surgery tomorrow! You will do great!

On 2/19/2019 at 6:51 PM, gerl86 said:

Yes! I'm on my 9th day. How about you? I do all liquids on Sunday.

I'm doing a diabetic diet. It's low cal, but I'm not feeling so well. I have a headache, and stomach ache. I just can't wait to get it over and feel better.

On 2/20/2019 at 5:45 PM, BlueIGT said:

I also had trouble with sleep, and actually just got a full night last night. I was on the 11th. But around day 5 I think I felt similar to how you are feeling. I had to take gravol and was feeling very sorry for myself. You'll be surprised how much difference a day or two can make. Every day something seems to get a little easier or less painful.

On 2/20/2019 at 4:13 PM, Gottajustdoit said:

Hi EmzBee--I'm one of the 13th "quads" and this morning was my first really "feel good" day. So, it took until about my 6th day post-op to feel less swollen and tender. I still have one area that hurts on and off--must be a persistent gas bubble on my left side--but other than that, I'm feeling pretty good. I have had very little nausea--thank goodness. I heard that smelling Vicks or peppermint oil helps with the nausea. I sip Water constantly and have gotten in two Protein Shakes a day, but not much else. I have had small amounts of Soup and sugar-free fat-free chocolate pudding. Today is the first day I felt actual hunger and had minor cravings for some foods. Hang in there...I was very frustrated by not feeling well and today it was so much better. It does happen! Wait a few more days....and keep sipping that water!

Thanks you two -- this really helped 🙂

Turned out, I think, that I was pushing it. 82g Protein and 621 calories the day before, and 50g/522cals on Wednesday. Yesterday after my first run-in with dumping syndrome I paired it back -- 46g protein and 435 cals. Surprisingly enough I felt much more comfortable/less nauseous! *slaps forehead* Typical me, trying to run before I can walk!

16 days out since surgery and being on purée has been so much better. I was to the point that I’d rather not eat than have more liquid meals... being able to have a scrambled egg with cheese, or deli turkey wrapped with hummus in the middle, or refuted Beans has been a game changer. I made the ricotta bake (8oz ricotta, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, 1 egg, Italian seasoning mixed together with 1/2 cup marinara and 1/2 cup mozzarella on top baked at 400 for 20 minutes) Ended up making a second time but with garlic powder and onion powder too and less Italian seasoning. Tastes like the inside of lasagna without meat or Pasta and makes 4 1/2 cup servings!

To everyone who has not had surgery. Good luck. It seems as if everyday I am getting a little better. I just had to temper my expectations. Their goal for me was 32 ounces of Fluid and 30 grams of Protein. Yesterday it took me the whole day, and by 4:30 I have met the goal. It is truly a different experience getting used to your pouch.