Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

Two more days. Thank goodness I have Ativan. They told me I can take one the morning of. I think I’ll take that advice.

3 hours ago, BlueIGT said:

It's a week today for me and this is this best I've been feeling. Each day is a little better. 5 days ago I didn't think I was ever going to feel this good again. I kept having to remind myself it will get easier. Good luck on your surgery and a speedy recovery.

Thank you and very glad you are feeling better. I wish you and all on this site, continued success. We are all on a journey. Very happy/grateful to experience it together.

Surgery today 7:30- don’t remember recovery room. Moved upstairs around 1:30.. lots of pain took morphine and slept until5. Thenup to start waking and drink 3oz Water an hour

I'm sorry I'm late to this thread. I have read all through it and everyone here is very caring and supportive. My surgery is on February 25th. Starting a liquid diet tomorrow. Take care February sleevers!
I'll the 25th too! We got this!

19 minutes ago, gerl86 said:
22 hours ago, gabybab said:
I'm sorry I'm late to this thread. I have read all through it and everyone here is very caring and supportive. My surgery is on February 25th. Starting a liquid diet tomorrow. Take care February sleevers!

I'll the 25th too! We got this!

Yay! Are you doing a pre-op diet?

9 hours ago, TheMarine79 said:

Pain in left side by rib cage. Any idea or is it gas

Hi there,

Yes, I am 6 days out and still have sharp, periodic pain in my left, about midway in my abdomen about 3 inches down from my ribcage. It comes and goes, but it's the most notable pain I have. On day 2 I started getting a horrible pain in my right shoulder, which was definitely gas and lasted 3 days. I'm home now and today I'm feeling really pretty good...just that periodic sharp pain in my left side and sore stomach.

19 hours ago, 2Bsmaller18 said:

Surgery today 7:30- don’t remember recovery room. Moved upstairs around 1:30.. lots of pain took morphine and slept until5. Thenup to start waking and drink 3oz Water an hour

So good to hear you are on the other side of surgery!

21 hours ago, Everythinganna said:

Two more days. Thank goodness I have Ativan. They told me I can take one the morning of. I think I’ll take that advice.

Definitely do! They gave me something in the pre-op room too, so if you do take the Ativan, let them know you already took a mild sedative.

3 hours ago, TheMarine79 said:

Heading home now

Hooray! You did it! I assume you are home by now, probably unconscious in bed. Keep letting us know how things are going. Were you able to drink Water fairly easily in the hospital?

I've read a lot in this forum about gas pains immediately after surgery, and they are apparently quite intense. My surgeon never said a word about that!

Omg I got to start puree stage today. I'm trying ricotta bake for dinner. I had a 1/2 scramble egg for Breakfast and 4oz of wendys chili. So far so good no issues yet.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using BariatricPal mobile app

29 minutes ago, tcowen648 said:

Omg I got to start puree stage today. I'm trying ricotta bake for dinner. I had a 1/2 scramble egg for Breakfast and 4oz of wendys chili. So far so good no issues yet.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using BariatricPal mobile app

How did you make the ricotta bake? I've got a few weeks before the puree stage, but starting to think of ideas that might sound good. I really love cheese so I already have some Laughing Cow Cheese on my counter waiting for me!

So does anyone have the answer to “why” after surgery you are only supposed to have Clear Liquids and then full liquids...??

I am a person who likes to know the answer to everything! 🤷‍♀️