Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

14 hours ago, EmzBee said:

So... perhaps a weird question, but does anyone else think that inevitably they are going to be the one who ends up with complications? Because I've just had a feeling that it's inevitably going to be me, and I have no idea whether it's me being neurotic, or a general concern that most people have before major surgery...

I'd love to know how you felt/feel about the likelihood of complications!

Sent from my CPH1719 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi, EmzBee. I don't think it is inevitable, but complications are my greatest fear about this surgery (and why I waited three years to do it). If something went wrong, i would always think that I did this to myself voluntarily. I'm 59, and there is probably a greater chance of complications for me than for younger people. Still, knowing all that, I'm going through with it for the chance of a better life on the other side!

15 hours ago, EmzBee said:

So... perhaps a weird question, but does anyone else think that inevitably they are going to be the one who ends up with complications? Because I've just had a feeling that it's inevitably going to be me, and I have no idea whether it's me being neurotic, or a general concern that most people have before major surgery...

I AM always that person that something goes wrong. I don't know what it is, but it's always me. Child with Autism? Check! Leak in Gastric Sleeve? Check! And a whole host of other things.

My take on it is though... if you get in a car crash, do you avoid driving again? Most people would say no. So why avoid life?

On 2/4/2019 at 3:03 PM, TheMarine79 said:

I am disappointed that I do not get your diets for my bypass. I can have all the meat I want and non starch veggies. I cannot have dairy, sugar, fruit and any carbs besides the one in veggies

This was a rough week as I was required 3 Protein Drinks and one limited meal option daily. That’s great you don’t have strict restrictions until 2 days pre-op. I see how many will drop 10lbs before SW but boy does my stomach growl.

Getting real now...I’m excited if anybody has tips please feel free to let me know

image-0.00107288360595703.jpg

I am being discharged. I still feel tied but at least I’m not sore. All I want to do is sleep because of my lack of energy. I really hope that gets better because I have a 1 year old that needs mommy to be energized for her play play time!

On 1/3/2019 at 5:44 PM, TheMarine79 said:

I am scheduled for February 18th. I will be first in. Wow, this process takes forever.

Hey, Marine. How is the liquid diet going so far? I'm starting on Monday, and I'm going out for a steak dinner on Sunday before I give up solid food for quite a while!

8 hours ago, Gotta win 4me said:

I am being discharged. I still feel tied but at least I’m not sore. All I want to do is sleep because of my lack of energy. I really hope that gets better because I have a 1 year old that needs mommy to be energized for her play play time!

Glad you have been discharged and don't have pain. I don't know how you are going to do it. Will you be able to lift your baby? I was told not to life anything about 20 lbs after my surgery for at least two weeks. I hope someone will be able to help out so you can rest. Hang in there!

36 minutes ago, Recidivist said:

Hey, Marine. How is the liquid diet going so far? I'm starting on Monday, and I'm going out for a steak dinner on Sunday before I give up solid food for quite a while!

So, the liquid diet for me has been very, very hard. Tomorrow will be one week on the all liquids and then surgery on Wednesday. I have strained a lot of Soups and my favorite so far has been Trader Joe's chicken Kettle broth and Progresso's canned French onion Soup. The seem to have the most flavor of the ones I've tried. I've made three types of Jello-o and overnight I'm putting my Protein Shake into popsicle molds to see if they will taste like fudgecicles. Fingers crossed! It has been so hard to watch TV with so many food commercials. My funeral meal (Mod Pizza) is what I'm craving the most. I had my favorite meals (yes steak was one!) each day of the week before the liquid diet. It's frighting how much I miss just ordering off the menu or grabbing a snack from the refrigerator. The agony is real!

8 minutes ago, Gottajustdoit said:

Glad you have been discharged and don't have pain. I don't know how you are going to do it. Will you be able to lift your baby? I was told not to life anything about 20 lbs after my surgery for at least two weeks. I hope someone will be able to help out so you can rest. Hang in there!

I will only be able to hold her while I’m in bed. Occasionally, I may have to lift her to put her in her car seat.

Recidivist, things are going fine. They put me on a Keto style diet. I can eat meat and non starch veggies. No sugar, no dairy no starch like potatoes or Pasta, and no fruit. I can have almonds or cashews. I have been doing this a week all ready. Today, I only ate once all day and could not figure out why I was starving. So I got some meat for dinner tonight. The tough thing about this diet is we have been without power at our house for the last three days. But I have stuck to the diet

On 02/03/2019 at 18:37, Frustr8 said:

Nah I still expect someone to be on February 28th, they just haven't showed up yet. I thought I was the only September 5th when I started the September 2018 Surgeries and Success thread yet 5 or 6 showed up. Don't give up hope, I'm sure there will be a February 27-28,yet , in the meantime you can watch,the earlier people, see if there is anything from their experiences you can use for your Good. You do pick up the tools on here.
I’m scheduled for the 27th!!!!

2 hours ago, BrooklynKay said:
On 2/3/2019 at 7:37 PM, Frustr8 said:

Nah I still expect someone to be on February 28th, they just haven't showed up yet. I thought I was the only September 5th when I started the September 2018 Surgeries and Success thread yet 5 or 6 showed up. Don't give up hope, I'm sure there will be a February 27-28,yet , in the meantime you can watch,the earlier people, see if there is anything from their experiences you can use for your Good. You do pick up the tools on here.

I’m scheduled for the 27th!!!!

BrooklynKay--Welcome to February Weight Loss Buds!

I’m supposed to get my date this week, Dr. says it will be the end of February! I’ll post my date when I get it!

On 2/8/2019 at 3:33 AM, EmzBee said:

So glad I'm not the only one who thinks like this! Its always been me who things g wrong for in my family, so its all I can think about. Thanks for posting!

50 minutes ago, gerl86 said:

So glad I'm not the only one who thinks like this! Its always been me who things g wrong for in my family, so its all I can think about. Thanks for posting!

As many surgeries that I have had. This is the one that freaked me out the most. The last surgery I had was a tad bit lower than this one and and the one before that was a tad bit lower than the previous one. Surgery is scary either way it goes. I had a complication but not related to the surgery. It was related to an allergic reaction that I had the night before surgery. Everything will be fine and you will know it is fine right after you wake up from the Anesthesia. .