Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

Hope all this weeks sleevers/bypassers are doing great! My surgery is Monday and praying for success!

For the ones that have had surgery how long after surgery did u get up and start walking like in hours

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using BariatricPal mobile app

They had me dangle my feet off the bed first and since I was comfortable had me stand and walk in place like 5 hours after surgery. Then had me try to go to the bathroom like an hour after that so walking across the room.

They had me dangle my feet off the bed first and since I was comfortable had me stand and walk in place like 5 hours after surgery. Then had me try to go to the bathroom like an hour after that so walking across the room.
Thank you. I have 2 more days and trying to figure out everything.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to give an update. My surgery was yesterday at 730am. I was discharged home at 930 this morning. I have 6 incisions. The 2 on the left are bruised. This bruising is causing pain when I have to turn on my side to get up. I am sore today, not really pain. I haven’t had any nausea. Today I stayed indoors and just did my walking in the house. Tomorrow I plan to get out and walk my neighborhood if the rain holds out.

I do have pain in my left shoulder. I’m guessing from the gasses they fill you abdominal cavity with. It’s so strange because I would swear it’s muscle pain from sleeping wrong. I can pinpoint muscles that are hurting. The heating pad helps a lot.

I go to full liquids tomorrow. I’ve already made pudding and put it in the fridge. I also have several cream Soups and a good strainer.

So far so good. I plan to weigh tomorrow. I know I gained weight from the fluids in the hospital. Each liter bag is 2.2 pounds and I got at least 3. Good luck to everyone still waiting for their date to come!

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 2:44 PM, TheMarine79 said:

I am scheduled for February 18th. I will be first in. Wow, this process takes forever.

It feels like it's going to take forever then it comes all at once lol

4 hours ago, tcowen648 said:

For the ones that have had surgery how long after surgery did u get up and start walking like in hours

Hey!!!! So because I was severely dehydrated right out of surgery I had to stay in bed a little longer and couldn't really move a lot just get out of bed but by later in the same evening I was able to walk 20+ laps around the hospital! Now I'm five days post op and was able to walk about 3 miles in an hour. Goodluck !

So, I had the gastric bypass done February 1st. I had a few complications right after surgery, I was really dehydrated and the second day I had a lot of blood in my stool. However, I am doing much better now. I have lost 7 lbs since the day of the surgery and have lost 24lbs in total from the start of my pre-op liquid diet.

Surgery is in the morning. However, right now I am having an allergic reaction to the Hibiclens they wanted me to shower with tonight and when I wake up. I have broken out into hives....EVERYWHERE!! I’m itching so bad! Does anyone have any remedies for this? I can’t take Benadryl because I can’t eat or drink anything.

I was allowed to take my meds w a sip of Water. I say take Benadryl and a Pepcid if you have it.

I’m here in my first room with IV in. I am second in line for surgery @9:30. They will give me Benadryl after surgery because they don’t want me already sleepy when they put me under. I’m not as nervous as I was yesterday. Maybe because I sitting here playing a game!😄😉

I’m here in my first room with IV in. I am second in line for surgery @9:30. They will give me Benadryl after surgery because they don’t want me already sleepy when they put me under. I’m not as nervous as I was yesterday. Maybe because I sitting here playing a game![emoji1][emoji6]
Good luck today. Keep us updated if you feel up to it.

9 hours ago, thelostmermaid said:

So, I had the gastric bypass done February 1st. I had a few complications right after surgery, I was really dehydrated and the second day I had a lot of blood in my stool. However, I am doing much better now. I have lost 7 lbs since the day of the surgery and have lost 24lbs in total from the start of my pre-op liquid diet.

thelostmermaid--What was the blood stool from? Did they say it was at all related to the surgery? Sorry to hear you had complications. Congrats on the weight loss!