Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

Remember your bowels may not work right after, get your fluids in, it helps things stay soft enough for the day💩comes.

3 minutes ago, ldawn said:

I heard it’s good to have a stool softener at home for when you need it. I would also say broth and cream Soups for post op diet. Oh, and a strainer.

We are on the same day! When do you start your pre op diet?

I started my pre OP diet on the 22nd. Pickles usually do the trick for me and I was told I could have them during the liver diet and could even sip Pickle Juice during my liquid phases.

Hi Fabulous February Folks! I have a question about what you think is OK on the liquid diet (all-liquids). Did you hear or get info from your nutritionist that these are acceptable when on liquids ONLY: chocolate milk, Vitamin Water Zero, and any Soup (for example, Progresso) as long as the soup is drained through a tiny wire strainer? I was at the grocery store today trying to acquire a few basics for the liquidification 😀and saw these items. I thought I'd ask the group before I buy them. Note I do have some Unjury chicken broth, but I figure wouldn't the other Soups just be broth as well once strained? Maybe more flavorful? Thanks!

My program allows Vitamin Water, definitely not chocolate milk and they don’t want us to use broth from drained canned Soups. I guess because they’d have added carbs I’d assume. I’m sure there are other programs that would allow that though. Mine is pretty strict.

2 minutes ago, TheMarine79 said:

They are letting me eat meat for mine. No sugar, carbs, fruit. Then two days prior, liquid only

Wow, that's pretty liberal. I have two weeks of liquid only, including broth but not strained Soups.

I have been making my own broth with a whole boiled chicken in the crock pot with vegetables and fresh spices. Then I strain everything and only use the broth as my Soup. Taste great and filling without carbs and sugars. Sodium might be a lil high but you can control that.

You can put an egg white or Eggbeaters into your boiling broth and make egg drop Soup. Progresso Soups, I would go with only the Light varieties, wouldn't want to go over maybe 15 carbs and try to stay under 100 calories if possible. That's why making your own is so good, you can control what goes in, and spice it if necessary yourself.

My surgery is on February 11. I have seen a couple others with the same date! I have been on Optifast liquid diet since January 26th until February 8th, then only clear fluids until surgery. The first 3 days were hard, the hunger was significantly less yesterday and I am hoping today is much better. Other than the hunger I have been so tired so I have spent the last 3 days on the couch sleeping on and off all day. 4th day now and I haven't been on the couch yet! Progress!

My surgery date is February 8, 2019. I am super excited. I thought I was going to have to start over because of new insurance but they were able to get a prior authorization so I could still get it at the hospital that doent have a contract with my insurance.

HW 352

CW: 285

SW: ?

GW: 135

I just started pre op diet yesterday. I have to eat less than 1400 calories. Anyone else start theirs.

15 hours ago, Greg White said:

I have been making my own broth with a whole boiled chicken in the crock pot with vegetables and fresh spices. Then I strain everything and only use the broth as my Soup. Taste great and filling without carbs and sugars. Sodium might be a lil high but you can control that.

Is this pre op

17 hours ago, Recidivist said:

Wow, that's pretty liberal. I have two weeks of liquid only, including broth but not strained Soups.

I just have to eat 1400 calories.

Yes it’s pre. I had my appointment today and now I’m scheduled for Tuesday at 9am